Evolution of Relationship

I am preparing my "Evolution of Relationship" as many others are here at CFL at this time.

I will hand write (print) and supply computer generated copy also as my writing sucks too.

My questions:

How detailed should this be?

How have many others here gone about completing this requirement?

Should I include; how we met, travel dates, things done while visiting...etc., etc., etc.?

I'm wanting to include all they wish to read and know, but not wanting to provide a novel at the same time.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

I am preparing my "Evolution of Relationship" as many others are here at CFL at this time.

I will hand write (print) and supply computer generated copy also as my writing sucks too.

My questions:

Should I include; how we met, travel dates, things done while visiting...etc., etc., etc.?

I'm wanting to include all they wish to read and know, but not wanting to provide a novel at the same time.

Clayton

Mine was about 1.5 pages long. Mostly paragraphs of text with some bullet points, so mine was fairly well documented.

How we met and the duration of each stay in China was noted. Each event during those times was noted too, eg. engaged, married, wedding ceremony. I also included any forseeable concerns they might have in that timeline, just explaining our situation in moderate detail. Use exact dates, or at least the month and year of all events noted is my suggestion.

Mine was typed. My wife and I signed it and dated it too. No notarization.

They did ask for it at my wife's interview, so it's a good idea you create one.

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

I put mine in the package to the USCIS. Given this, do you think they will ask for it again at the interview?

We had one that was filed with the I-129 and a short, updated one that was handed to the VO with my passport when Ling first stepped up to the window for her interview.

I put mine in the package to the USCIS. Given this, do you think they will ask for it again at the interview?

We had one that was filed with the I-129 and a short, updated one that was handed to the VO with my passport when Ling first stepped up to the window for her interview.

I did/will do the same. It was included with the I-130 and the I-129f. I was careful though, to not just provide a 'cold' chronology. I spoke of our love and our feelings and the emotion of the relationship. I feel this so strongly, that it is easy to flow onto the paper. I typed mine and signed it.

At the interview time, I will provide her with an updated version, which is more abridged than what was submitted with the case file. My guess is, the VO will have read the one in the case file, prior to the interview. My guess is also, that my words will have brought him/her to tears of romantic emotion, and my Lao Po will have to have Kleenex available for the VO !!! :rolleyes: :P

• 2 weeks later...

My questions:

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

I'm starting on this now and hope it's not so long that they opt to wait for the movie?

My questions:

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

I'm starting on this now and hope it's not so long that they opt to wait for the movie?

Hey Michael,

I have mine written to computer now. I'll be waiting for my return home after my third visit to update and write by hand just prior to the interview trip. Perhaps add and write of this also.

With the mushy stuff, I highlighted all dates, travels together, amount of days of visits, number of visits...etc. Fairly simple, but reading responses I got from my post I scaled back on the movie, whittled down the novel and I ended up with 1.5 pages.

I am watching your posts most closely now. We couldn't have a closer timeline. One day diff on the NVC out date. Keep your eyes on mine. Called DOS today for my weekly update to learn nothing new. How about you?

Clayton

My questions:

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

Hey Michael,

I have mine written to computer now. I'll be waiting for my return home after my third visit to update and write by hand just prior to the interview trip. Perhaps add and write of this also.

With the mushy stuff, I highlighted all dates, travels together, amount of days of visits, number of visits...etc. Fairly simple, but reading responses I got from my post I scaled back on the movie, whittled down the novel and I ended up with 1.5 pages.

I am watching your posts most closely now. We couldn't have a closer timeline. One day diff on the NVC out date. Keep your eyes on mine. Called DOS today for my weekly update to learn nothing new. How about you?

Clayton

No word on anything here either. Last call to DOS last Thursday only told me June 18 date to GUZ. I already knew that. DOS then sent me back to NVC if I want hardcopy stating that file was sent to GUZ. NVC said they would send me hardcopy this week. I think we are just on auto pilot and not much else to do except wait for P3 from GUZ. I'm a bit concerned because estimated interview date may be problematic for me to be there. All depends on P3 arrival before I can project time frame and possibly slow down filing to get November interview?

Started writing my Evolution of Relationship. Not sure if I'm even going about it the right way, but I'm sure there will be a sequal. Right now it's slightly longer than War and Peace....

My questions:

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

Hey Michael,

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

By the way, Fang has called Mr. Yang and likes him. I think you will atleast get to meet Fang!!!