from G7 : new process P3 in 6 weeks ...

some of you might have missed this ... (from G7) :

:lol:

"The phone number you listed is right. I was not able to ever access the automated system. However, I was able to talk to a live person within 3 minutes of waiting. They ask you for the the Receipt number, beneficiary name, their birthdate. If you gige the wrong birthdate, they will not give you any information. I filed my I130 and I 129 in april. I got the approved I-129 in 3 weeks. I just was mailed a letter from the NVC with approved name check which was done in 3 weeks. I was impressed. They said the paperwork will be in guangzhou in 2 weeks.

My concern is focused on the name check and the backround check. Does that have to be repeated again after my wife fill the paperwork in packet 3 or was the name check by the NVC now done before sending it to the consulate for K3 spouse visa?

Anyway, I thought I will share this information. I hope my paperwork will continue to move this fast.

Frank "

Six weeks!!!!!! Good Grief!!!!!! Is this true? :huh: :blink:

If so, I guess it is good news for the newbies but bad news for those in the "on hold gang". No wonder this guy considered refiling. :blink: I don't blame you Tom, I would be getting pissed as well. ;)

New process folks - approvals in March or later - have two of the background/name checks done at NVC instead of GZ. This will shorten the time it is in GZ but the jury is out on how much.

Where exactly did you get this information?

How do you know that the NVC's new processes replace anything Guangzhou does?

It makes me angry too but maybe this new process is the direct result of our efforts. let's face it - we have brought a certain amount of attention to the problem - now they are fixing it as we have demanded all along - it just sucks for those that are stuck in the old pipeline. C'mon - the old way of processing these petitions was just downright stupid - USA to China to USA and back to China - that's just asking for problems.

dave

It makes me angry too but maybe this new process is the direct result of our efforts. let's face it - we have brought a certain amount of attention to the problem - now they are fixing it as we have demanded all along - it just sucks for those that are stuck in the old pipeline. C'mon - the old way of processing these petitions was just downright stupid - USA to China to USA and back to China - that's just asking for problems.

dave

Good point Dave. Now someone needs to go to work on BCIS in terms of AOS, EAD, etc.

I read about 100 posts per day - everyday on 001, candle, AAC, CUC and britishexpats.

One JM on 001 posted part of an email  from either GZ or DOS saying that NVC does the name and background checks rather than GZ. It didn't make sense to send it to GZ and have them submit it when the approval was already here in the US.

Another JM posted part of an email saying that her P4 would be sent about 1 month after she returned the P3 documents. That could not possibly include the two checks that take about two months to complete.

These are the two that I specifically remember, but I have personal info from other sources that makes this believable. And, no. It's not posted on any official website that I've found.

Time will tell if the 4 ~ 6 month wait between P3 and P4 turns out to be 1 ~ 2. If so, it's true. If not, it's not

Thanks for the reply.

You read a lot of posts. But since no one knows for sure exactly what Washington DC is doing for the NVC that may be the same thing Guangzhou used to, or still does, is not clear. All I've heard about Guangzhou's side of it, is that after the beneficiary receives the P3, the Consulate initiates some sort of background check on the petitioner as well. No one knows exactly where that agency(s) exist, if in the USA at all. But it's just hearsay at this point. It's apparently not been made public yet. So there's really no 2 & 2 to put together. I'm not sold on any part of the process making sense. People receiving P4 or P3 or whatever phases faster or slower than others is still unexplainable. Because of no certain pattern can be uncovered, or the sources are off.

I've just heard from another online group that someone else reported the same thing without any proof. I've called NVC 3 times a week for the past 1 -1/2 months, and have been told more than once by the NVC staff that the new NVC/Washington DC process does not replace nor supercede any of Guangzhou's processes, to the best of their knowledge of course.

If P3 - P4 timelines decrease, that explanation will also probably be hypothesized, at least until Washington decides to just say so.

Of course I'm all for speeding things up, but what's worse is waiting even longer than hoped for.

BTW, the 2 checks you've referred to twice, do you know exactly what those 2 checks consist of?

"The phone number you listed is right. I was not able to ever access the automated system. However, I was able to talk to a live person within 3 minutes of waiting. They ask you for the the Receipt number, beneficiary name, their birthdate. If you gige the wrong birthdate, they will not give you any information. I filed my I130 and I 129 in april. I got the approved I-129 in 3 weeks. I just was mailed a letter from the NVC with approved name check which was done in 3 weeks. I was impressed. They said the paperwork will be in guangzhou in 2 weeks.

My concern is focused on the name check and the backround check. Does that have to be repeated again after my wife fill the paperwork in packet 3 or was the name check by the NVC now done before sending it to the consulate for K3 spouse visa?

Anyway, I thought I will share this information. I hope my paperwork will continue to move this fast.

Frank "

can i ask for the tel number that you used?..

many thanks.

Beijinglady...

can i ask for the tel number that you used?..

many thanks.

Beijinglady : sorry, this is a quote from another forum. I am under the old system, not the new one ...

Anyone know what the phone number is checking the namecheck process for the NVC ??

M

I know it too well,

First menu press 1 for english.

Second menu (wait until the second menu option starts) press 2 for K1 & K3's.

If the message states to call back due to the volume of heavy calls, 9 times out of ten if you immediately call back and try again, the message will state an average hold time, usually between 2 - 5 minutes.

They'll ask for your case number, beneficiary name & birthdate, sometimes your birthday and name, too.