Did your case status get a touch or change from P3

On April 11, 2005, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Once your case is approved by USCIS (NOA2), they are done with it.DOS does not provide online updates.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I have seen a number of guys talk about being touched.

My legitimate question is how do you know that your file has been touched?

I don't have an illegitimate question.

I have seen people mention the touch factor as well during P3 and P4 events...

you go to http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis on the right is case is pending .. then the next page then right in the middle is Processing Times and Case Status .... then you have to setup a profile with a login and password... you want to use CUSTOMER in the drop down box.

A touch is a date change. It is the only way you know a touch occurred. Like my case was transfered to CA from MO, and it was only touched for the transfer, but the date changed each time it was handled.

>L

I just called DOS today to inquire about my case status (ph. 202-663-1225 then press 1 then 0) and they told me it takes about two months for the case to show up in GUZ after NVC. It has been about a week short of two months for me. The lady agreed with me and she stated I should hear something in about a week.

You just cannot tell how these petitions will move in GUZ. DOS said not entered in the computer as hard copy recieved, so no P3... however, 4 days later, there was P3 in my SO hands.

Good luck and hopefully soon for you and all others in the waiting process.

>L

I just called DOS today to inquire about my case status (ph. 202-663-1225 then press 1 then 0) and they told me it takes about two months for the case to show up in GUZ after NVC. It has been about a week short of two months for me. The lady agreed with me and she stated I should hear something in about a week.

I tried DOS today and the message said they are open from 11am to Noon. No wonder things take so long!!! Just kidding. Guess today is a short day for them. NVC told me my case was sent to GUZ on June 18th. I have not heard nor seen anything else yet either.

I tried DOS today and the message said they are open from 11am to Noon. No wonder things take so long!!! Just kidding. Guess today is a short day for them. NVC told me my case was sent to GUZ on June 18th. I have not heard nor seen anything else yet either.

I also tried calling today and was told that my case has not been received by GUZ either. But I know that the computer is not updated too regularly (based on other people's experiences on CFL) so I am not too worried. But seeing that P3 show up in my fiancee's mailbox unexpected would be excellent! :)

I have seen some people post that they got a touch from a P3 or maybe a P4 to the SO...

Hi L, I'm curious, where do you see these "touches" on CFL? Are you referring to posts on VJ? Mostly, we don't use "touches" on CFL.

As Randy indicated above, once you receive your NOA2, USCIS is done and over with for this part. There will be no more updates from USCIS. It's all NVC and mostly GUZ from then on.

I also tried calling today and was told that my case has not been received by GUZ either. But I know that the computer is not updated too regularly (based on other people's experiences on CFL) so I am not too worried. But seeing that P3 show up in my fiancee's mailbox unexpected would be excellent! :)

ILS, I'm curious how you arrived at the conclusion that DOS system is "not updated too regularly"? It is generally stated on here that DOS computers are very much updated in real-time. DOS should know exactly what GUZ proper knows in realtime. In fact, I further suspect DOS and GUZ are operating on the exact same back-end database, so they both see the same information.

Given your time line info of "06/14/07: NVC approved, GUZ# assigned" I would say you still have at least a couple of weeks to go before GUZ will mark your files as being received.

It would greatly surprise me if your SO suddenly received her P3 this week or next.

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

Just another post about my phone experience with DOS...

I called as indicated on a Friday July 20th.... No petition recieved by GUZ / entered into the computer.... However on July 26th, my SO had the P3 in her hands...

Now, I called DOS again August 3 to see if P3 was entered, and got this repsonse..

Petition in GUZ computer July 21, and P3 sent. ( However, the date on the EMS was July 24th, and my SO had the P3 in her hands on July 26th... )

The lady ask me if P3 was recieved... and I responded it was received and returned already. She said that P4 will be about 15 days from P3 entered to the computer in GUZ, please call back in two weeks... I thank her..

So, the GUZ and DOS computers are not in total sync, but at least they are pretty close.

>L

Edited by LGR_WEI (see edit history)

I called as indicated on a Friday July 20th.... No petition recieved by GUZ / entered into the computer.... However on July 26th, my SO had the P3 in her hands...

Now, I called DOS again August 3 to see if P3 was entered, and got this repsonse..

Petition in GUZ computer July 21, and P3 sent. ( However, the date on the EMS was July 24th, and my SO had the P3 in her hands on July 26th... )

So you called on July 20th, then you called on August 3rd? Did you call inbetween those two dates? Did you call for instance on July 21st?

As the Duke or (Mike) liked to say, the date given as the P3 sent date is most likely not the actual date it was sent out via EMS. The date given is usually the date P3 was printed out and moved to the shipping room for shipment. It could take up to a week more before it's actually sent off into the EMS mailstream. Our EMS package was actually dated 6 days after it was officially "sent".

So you called on July 20th, then you called on August 3rd? Did you call inbetween those two dates? Did you call for instance on July 21st?

As the Duke or (Mike) liked to say, the date given as the P3 sent date is most likely not the actual date it was sent out via EMS. The date given is usually the date P3 was printed out and moved to the shipping room for shipment. It could take up to a week more before it's actually sent off into the EMS mailstream. Our EMS package was actually dated 6 days after it was officially "sent".

Did you notice those dates, and what day they are on?

Friday was the 20th.... I called DOS... petition NOT entered into computer as received in GUZ, only electronic copy showing received.

PER DOS conversation on Aug 3.. This was a Friday.. Petition in the GUZ computer as received July 21 ( Saturday folks ), and P3 showing sent to SO. No further updates at this time on Aug 3.

So, this shows that GUZ has people working in the consulate on Saturdays, or the computer in the USA is updated on Saturdays.

I indicated that the EMS shows a date of July 24th as sent to SO, and the EMS P3 was in my SO hands on July 26th...

She returned P3 July 27th via EMS and this shows based on tracking number to have been received at the White Swan July 29th, and signed for.

Thats all I know.

>L

I have seen some people post that they got a touch from a P3 or maybe a P4 to the SO... My case status is still May 16 for the approval date. Not even NVC sending the case to GUZ created a change in date. Did anyone else notice this, or get a change?

>L

mine was never touched after it was approved until i just sent in my i765, which is done after she passes her interview and enters to the USofA.

i cna't think of a good reason why it would be either, considering the evolution of the BS process.