Did your case status get a touch or change from P3

I have seen some people post that they got a touch from a P3 or maybe a P4 to the SO...

Hi L, I'm curious, where do you see these "touches" on CFL? Are you referring to posts on VJ? Mostly, we don't use "touches" on CFL.

As Randy indicated above, once you receive your NOA2, USCIS is done and over with for this part. There will be no more updates from USCIS. It's all NVC and mostly GUZ from then on.

I also tried calling today and was told that my case has not been received by GUZ either. But I know that the computer is not updated too regularly (based on other people's experiences on CFL) so I am not too worried. But seeing that P3 show up in my fiancee's mailbox unexpected would be excellent! :rolleyes:

ILS, I'm curious how you arrived at the conclusion that DOS system is "not updated too regularly"? It is generally stated on here that DOS computers are very much updated in real-time. DOS should know exactly what GUZ proper knows in realtime. In fact, I further suspect DOS and GUZ are operating on the exact same back-end database, so they both see the same information.

Given your time line info of "06/14/07: NVC approved, GUZ# assigned" I would say you still have at least a couple of weeks to go before GUZ will mark your files as being received.

It would greatly surprise me if your SO suddenly received her P3 this week or next.

Just as a follow-up, I called DOS on August 2 and they said my file had yet to be received by GUZ.

On August 7, I called again, and they said P-3 had been sent out on August 2.

Clearly, there is not a real-time system. My background is in databases, and such a real-time system is hard and expensive to implement globally and is rarely used, except in situations that truly need it (financial systems, stock market trading systems, etc.)

The once or twice a week synchronizations for them seem to be a more accurate explanation.