P4 received today also

Just got the email from my SO. Wow!!! Now I'm nervous

I filed in Dec and got NOa2 in March. I sent her all of my stuff(I-134 etc) then, she has had her police.birth certifcates since January.

We only saw each other for the 10 days I was in Shenzhen last November. Seems like a long time ago.

Now I'm nervous

Congratulations kangjie. When did you file in December and what was your NOA2 date? What interview date did you get? It looks like we're on similar timelines.

Thanks,

Claude

File 12/23/06

NOA1 12/28/06

NOA2 3/19/07

NVC deliver 3/23/07

NVC complete 3/29/07

P3 receipt 6/18/07

P3 send 6/18/07

Eligible for interview 7/16/07

Interview????

Congratulations kangjie. When did you file in December and what was your NOA2 date? What interview date did you get? It looks like we're on similar timelines.

Thanks,

Claude

File 12/23/06

NOA1 12/28/06

NOA2 3/19/07

NVC deliver 3/23/07

NVC complete 3/29/07

P3 receipt 6/18/07

P3 send 6/18/07

Eligible for interview 7/16/07

Interview????

I filed Dec 15th

had NOA2 on 3/8

Not sure when she sent the p3 stuff but 2 or 3 weeks \

Received p4 today but she did not say when the interview date is.

She has a guy in shenzhen who helps her with the paperwork.

I need to find out how much money she needs. I think she said she wanted to try to get this together herself

CONGRATS kangjie!! :cheering: :cheering:

I'll bet it's the best nervous you've ever felt huh?

Actually its worry since this is my first marriage. It is a big deal pulling her away from country and faimly to come all the way over here just for me.I live a quiet life in the country and drive into the city every day to work. Don't know how she is going to adjust to not having a million people around her every day and not be able to walk to a store or understand the telemarketers calling on the phone.

Actually its worry since this is my first marriage. It is a big deal pulling her away from country and faimly to come all the way over here just for me.I live a quiet life in the country and drive into the city every day to work. Don't know how she is going to adjust to not having a million people around her every day and not be able to walk to a store or understand the telemarketers calling on the phone.

Your situation is almost identical to mine. First marriage for both of us. I too worry about yanking her away from everything she's known and loved her whole life and bringing her to a totally new/strange place. I'm in the burbs, not the country. But it may as well be for someone who's lived only in Shanghai and Shenzhen, two of the largest cities in China.

I worry about all that every day. When I bring it up with her,she's quick to reassure me that she's coming here because she wants to be with me and be a part of the life that I live. I believe her when she says that, I don't have a choice. And I believe she will come here and do everything she can to be happy and content. And I'll do everything I can to make sure that happens.

Nothing's guaranteed. But if you've done all you can to make sure you two are compatible and that you belong together before she gets here, you're off to a great start. After that you just be yourself and do all you can to make her happy and comfortable. You're both making a huge leap in your lives. She understands what's involved or she wouldn't have come so far with you.

Trust her and trust yourself.

Best of luck. :(

CONGRATS kangjie!! :angry: :angry:

Your situation is almost identical to mine. First marriage for both of us. I too worry about yanking her away from everything she's known and loved her whole life and bringing her to a totally new/strange place. I'm in the burbs, not the country. But it may as well be for someone who's lived only in Shanghai and Shenzhen, two of the largest cities in China.

I worry about all that every day. When I bring it up with her,she's quick to reassure me that she's coming here because she wants to be with me and be a part of the life that I live. I believe her when she says that, I don't have a choice. And I believe she will come here and do everything she can to be happy and content. And I'll do everything I can to make sure that happens.

Nothing's guaranteed. But if you've done all you can to make sure you two are compatible and that you belong together before she gets here, you're off to a great start. After that you just be yourself and do all you can to make her happy and comfortable. You're both making a huge leap in your lives. She understands what's involved or she wouldn't have come so far with you.

Best of luck. :)

Does your girl know how to drive? Speak good English ? Have any realtives in the states ?

My girl is a 'no' on all these although she has a cousin in Toronto. I feel more like I am adopting a person rather then just marrying a girl.

I have been killing myself getting my place together(fixin stuff that don't bother me but might her)

There is also medical care in between the time she comes over and the time I marry. I want to use the full 90 days so she can really evaluate me and my place, plus the cost of the aos just went up to a 1000 buck after 7/31 so...I have plenty to worry about and keep myself happy. Good luck to you

Does your girl know how to drive? Speak good English ? Have any realtives in the states ?

My girl is a 'no' on all these although she has a cousin in Toronto. I feel more like I am adopting a person rather then just marrying a girl.

I have been killing myself getting my place together(fixin stuff that don't bother me but might her)

There is also medical care in between the time she comes over and the time I marry. I want to use the full 90 days so she can really evaluate me and my place, plus the cost of the aos just went up to a 1000 buck after 7/31 so...I have plenty to worry about and keep myself happy. Good luck to you

She has a license in China but hasn't driven in quite awhile so she's a little nervous about that. I've reassured her that driving in Plainfield, Illinois is MUCH different that driving in Shanghai. :blink:

I'm very lucky in that she speaks very good English. I think it's the biggest factor that allowed us to bond so quickly and get to know each other so well. Of course themore she speaks the better she gets so once she's here I don't see that being too big a problem.

She doesn't have any relatives here but has a friend in Ohio that she keeps in contact with so that will help some.

I agree that since your SO is a no on all those factors it will be more of a challenge. But I think it's a challenge that will help both of you grow together and strengthen your relationship as you'll be going through it together and have each other to lean on. I also think it's smart to take as much of the 90 days as she needs to make sure she can make the adjustments that she'll need to make.

It sounds like you've got a pragmatic attitude about everything so I'm sure you'll make the right decisions.

Good luck to both of you.

CONGRATS kangjie!! :rolleyes: :tomato:

Best of luck. :mobrun:

Same thoughts drive me nuts everyday too guys. I lose sleep over it. I just think it means we care (which means everything will be ok). I get the same answer as you from my sweet Fang when I tell her my concerns. I think she is a very strong girl. She is much stronger than any girl I have ever met!!! I think your SO's will be fine too. (I DO plan on falling all over over myself to make Fang happy!)

CONGRATS kangjie!! :rolleyes: :tomato:

Best of luck. :mobrun:

You're not alone. Same going on here. If it makes you feel better, I am told AOS now includes early work and travel (don't remember govt technical term but gets her work papers and ability to travel home for visit, both after only 4 or 5 months from entry?) which I planned on getting for my SO anyway. I want her to have choices real quick when she gets here. Also want her to be able to travel home if she freaks out after being here for 4 or 5 months! Not sure what South Florida is gonna do for her....I know she doesn't drink rummrunners or listen to Jimmy Buffet music....

Best of luck. :)

You're not alone. Same going on here. If it makes you feel better, I am told AOS now includes early work and travel (don't remember govt technical term but gets her work papers and ability to travel home for visit, both after only 4 or 5 months from entry?) which I planned on getting for my SO anyway. I want her to have choices real quick when she gets here. Also want her to be able to travel home if she freaks out after being here for 4 or 5 months! Not sure what South Florida is gonna do for her....I know she doesn't drink rummrunners or listen to Jimmy Buffet music....

I hope your right about that AOS thing.

I have read about many SO's after being in the states a year or so return to china for a couple of months. I think this might be a good idea. Lets them know what they left and missed is still there.

Sometimes the memory of something is better than the actual reality.

I am this way.

• 2 weeks later...

"I know she doesn't drink rummrunners or listen to Jimmy Buffet music...."

I would bet dollars to donuts that my (Chinese) wife is the ONLY lady in all of the Middle Kingdom who knows the words to Come Monday and Margaritaville by heart. I taught her well! Hahah. I have a feeling she'll be just fine when we settle in Tampa next year! :)

Where do you live? Send em an email at abrown2516@hotmail.com if you're in the Tampa area! :)