My approved I129F is about to expire. It is valid from February 9 until June 8. Do I need to call GZ for an extension? Or does my husband need to file another I129F form and start over again?

GZ just takes too long. This is just not right making us wait for no reason.

Thank you for your help.

:lol:

Hello China Rose, because of the amount of time it is taking to process these applications GZ, normaly extends them automatically.  However, it would be a good idea to send GZ an e-mail through their new system just to verify this.

Hi China Rose,

Exactly. we didn't do anything - I don' think these deadlines mean anything at all anymore, except to create a lot of hard feelings as they create an expectation of a false deadline.

dave

Guest Long_strider

I sent a quick email to GZ with a request for extension. They sent me a response with 2 days indicated approval for an additional four months.

Probably good thing to do. Then you have a record of approval in case there is a glitch later.

Mi.

Just received the reply from GZ about the I-129F expiration issue.

Quote:

"Thanks for your email. We will extend your I-129F on your interview date.

Yours Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit"

funny thing is I still don't know when is my wife's interview date...

<_<

Quote:

"Thanks for your email. We will extend your I-129F on your interview date.

Yours Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit"

Thank you all so much. My husband just received a similar response from GZ. They also added that my interview will take place in one or two months. It's already been one month since my name cleared. So we'll see.

:wacko:

i send another email asking GZ when is my wife's interview date. they replied me the same way as two weeks ago.

Quote:

"Dear Sir,

Based on our current schedule we will schedule the applicant for an interview in about two months.

Guangzhouiv"

... :( :angry: :angry:

it's already been one month since the name clearance...

wondering why some received their p4 in 2 weeks after name clearance.. :unsure:

it's already been one month since the name clearance...wondering why some received their p4 in 2 weeks after name clearance..

Yes, tonyuab, I'm wondering the same thing. Our timelines are very similar now. Why should it take two months to schedule a five minute interview??????????????????

:angry: :unsure: :angry:

Here's what GZ replied when I emailed them today. Fast reply but same automated response.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

Please not to worry about the validity of the petition since the consular

officer will extend it during interview. Based on our current schedule we

will schedule the applicant for an interview in one to two months.

Guangzhouiv"

Of course, they said the same thing about the interview 3 weeks ago :)

JC