Interview date for CR-1 given

I just called DOS again. We have an interview date.

It took GUZ 11 weeks to "open" the case after it was sent from the NVC.

And today, June 27th they assigned an interview date of August 27th. A full two months to the day from assignment!

Well, I won't feel rushed waiting for the P4 packet or getting any last minute things done, I guess.

Wait, I take that back, I need to get back to the USA quickly to cover for my Operations Manager to go on vacation for 2 weeks to Costa Rica. My 2nd wedding anniversary is September 6th. So assuming she passes, I'll have to stay in GUZ for a couple of days to get the visa and then haul tail back to close up shop here to stay gone until Christmas or so.

Oh well, at least I've got an interview finally, after 2 years in the queue.

Jim

Edited by JimandSarha (see edit history)

I'm going to get her coached on the interview as well as I can. And I'll try to get her to remember the interview so I can tell everyone what it consists of. She does pretty well since she acts as my professional translator. She can remember and spiel off conversations pretty well.

But thanks guys. Now just even more waiting ;)

For timeline junkies, I can't remember all my dates. But here's the last sequence.

This is CR-1

NVC sends package to GUZ on March 28th, 2007

GUZ limbo ends with package "OPEN" on June 18th

GUZ assigns interview date on June 27th

Interview date is a whopping 2 months out on August 27th.

For whatever reason, K visas tend to be getting faster interview dates than my CR-1.

I'm gong to assume there is something procedural here and not some sort of preference for unmarried USCs over married USCs.

But this process will end for me two years after it began.

Edited by JimandSarha (see edit history)

For timeline junkies, I can't remember all my dates. But here's the last sequence.

This is CR-1

For whatever reason, K visas tend to be getting faster interview dates than my CR-1.

I'm gong to assume there is something procedural here and not some sort of preference for unmarried USCs over married USCs.

You're moving at a good speed. Remember that she's going to be very nervous come interview time. Prepare for anything but tell her that it's a formality. She needs to approach the interview with complete confidence.

Yes. K1 visas have a higher priority than a CR-1.

Hello Jim, we got our notice that the K-3 left for GUZ on March 15th, and we returned the P-3 documents 10 days before we actually received them. Our interview is only 19 days before you! We are lucky, we are under the average times for our visas. Immigration - " HURRY-UP & WAIT ! " Gotta love it ! GOOD LUCK at the interview. get the PINK!

Mike & Zhen

This is CR-1

Yes.. CR1s are lower priority... GUZ has told us, but didn't claim to know why themselves... gotta love immigration [law]...

I'm going to assume there is something procedural here and not some sort of preference for unmarried USCs over married USCs.

Just for clarification and to avoid confusion.........

A USC can have a 'K' Visa and be married; as in the K-3 Visa :rolleyes:

This is CR-1

You're moving at a good speed. Remember that she's going to be very nervous come interview time. Prepare for anything but tell her that it's a formality. She needs to approach the interview with complete confidence.

Yes. K1 visas have a higher priority than a CR-1.

Frankly, as each day goes by, the entire drive to get the visa diminishes. I live here now. I have a place to go to in the USA when and if. But we went for this to be together more. We're together all the time now.

We went for this to be able to get visas from other countries easier as other countries were more likely to give a Chinese citizen a visa if they had a green card. As I said before, none with a US Green Card is trying to overstay a visa to South Africa or even Taiwan.

Now that I moved here and bought property and opened manufacturing, all of it wither both names or her name alone, she has enough financial ties to China that it should be relatively easy to go where we need to go.

What has happened is that I have become increasingly disillusioned with MY government, if not my country and people. I really don't give a crap if I ever go back. There's about 190 other countries I haven't lived in yet. 50 years in one was nice. I'm just as likely to go on permanent vacation.

I would much prefer that the USA just give my wife the same visa I get here in China. We don't need to live there, we just need to visit occassionally. But with this government, if you aren't a Latino migrant worker, there's no provision for a 1 year multiple visit visa for the spouse of a USC. There's just too much arrogance that they can't believe anyone who sets foot in the USA will have to be pried out with a crowbar. That may be the case for many people. But perhaps its the fault of a government with way too fat a head for is own good. Making travel hard just causes the abuses in the first place.

/rant

I don't know enough about the churnings in the sausage factory that is GUZ to complain too much. It just seems like it shouldn't take 2 months for the interview for a CR-1 when K-1s are a couple of weeks.

But, I'm beyond complaining. Its immaterial. Just weird.

Anyway, The interview date was assigned on June 27th for August 27th. Today, July 3rd the P4 packet arrived. It technically arrived yesterday. But in its first documented screw up yet, THE CSC managed to not update my mailing address I gave them for the mailing. You know, the one you also put in P-3.....

But happily they did update our phone number. So after striking out trying to deliver the packet yesterday to our old address, they called this morning at 6am to get our current address and delivered it 17kms away by 8:30am.

So, my next task is to figure out where I set the package down and open it up and see what's in it.

I haven't seen it for over 12 hours.

Bitch, bitch, bitch for 2 years and then don't even bother to open the package. Is my apathy showing?

Jim

Jim, I totally understand your feelings.

I only just filed in May, and already I am looking for work in China.

There is just no need for the slow process our government has.

The arrogance drives me crazy as well.

I am so embarassed to have to explain to my wife why they wont let her visit the USA.

One discussion we had, she finally blew up. "Forget it, I am never moving to America. I don't WANT to be treated like some cheat! "

Marriage visa cheating can only occur if people are allowed multiple foreign marriages. Make the I-864 limit your next marriage.

If you have a current I-864 active, then your next petition costs you $30,000. If two active I-864s, then the next petition is 60,000.

This is a capitalistic country, deal with this problem as a capitalist instead of assuming we are all criminals.

I don't know what the answer is.

I just get tired of the hoops considering how easy it is for illegals. They practically fill out the forms for you where I live.

Anyway. I found my packet and I guess tomorrow I'll make sure I have everything I need lined up and get the package filled out and just sit and wait.

I'll have to go to Guangzhou a few days early and get the police certificate translated and do all that stuff.

But for me, unlike some others, a blue slip or pink does make my world or end it. I'm pretty much emotionless about it now.

Jim