Interview date for CR-1 given

I don't know what the answer is.

I just get tired of the hoops considering how easy it is for illegals. They practically fill out the forms for you where I live.

Anyway. I found my packet and I guess tomorrow I'll make sure I have everything I need lined up and get the package filled out and just sit and wait.

I'll have to go to Guangzhou a few days early and get the police certificate translated and do all that stuff.

But for me, unlike some others, a blue slip or pink does make my world or end it. I'm pretty much emotionless about it now.

Jim

if they're illegal, why are they filling out forms :lol:

I think a stoic posture is a good thing for this process... if one thinks they are on a boat lost at the middle of the sea, they will throw up... or if they feel they are the rower they will give up... Be the guy at the top pole expecting land since you know it is there somewhere.

Hi David,

I guess a more accurate description of my current emotional state is that unless they give her a white slip and send the case back to the NVC, I have this thing down in Augist or a year from August.

Most people have been apart for months or more and are pining for their wife or fiance. I'm lucky in that regard, here I am. I'm not leaving if she gets a blue, life will go on pretty much the same.

If she gets a pink, THEN we have to change our life.

We bought a house here and its under construction. It won't be ready until late 2008. In the meantime I'm leasing a place. If she gets pink, then we have to figure out what do we do with our scooter? Where do we store 6 rooms of furniture, 3 air conditioning units, a satellite dish all the household goods and all that STUFF until the new place is ready. Well it goes beyond that, even when the new place is done, I have to have it decorated. That will involve coming over here at least 2-3 times for a month or two at a time to pick a decorator, pick all the furnishings and supervise the construction.

And I have to bring a few cats with me. What do I do with THEM when we come back here for business and the house.

Uggghhh!

Oh well, everyone has their own crosses to bear. Mine are minor compared to people apart.

Now, if I can just figure out the GIV-24, I can relax.

Jim

Hi David,

I guess a more accurate description of my current emotional state is that unless they give her a white slip and send the case back to the NVC, I have this thing down in Augist or a year from August.

Most people have been apart for months or more and are pining for their wife or fiance. I'm lucky in that regard, here I am. I'm not leaving if she gets a blue, life will go on pretty much the same.

If she gets a pink, THEN we have to change our life.

We bought a house here and its under construction. It won't be ready until late 2008. In the meantime I'm leasing a place. If she gets pink, then we have to figure out what do we do with our scooter? Where do we store 6 rooms of furniture, 3 air conditioning units, a satellite dish all the household goods and all that STUFF until the new place is ready. Well it goes beyond that, even when the new place is done, I have to have it decorated. That will involve coming over here at least 2-3 times for a month or two at a time to pick a decorator, pick all the furnishings and supervise the construction.

And I have to bring a few cats with me. What do I do with THEM when we come back here for business and the house.

Uggghhh!

Oh well, everyone has their own crosses to bear. Mine are minor compared to people apart.

Now, if I can just figure out the GIV-24, I can relax.

Jim

my 'boat' comments were not directed just at you... but I have enjoyed your candid posting on CFL... glad to have you aboard ! :lol: