DvD English Lessons

I can't find the posts about English Dvd lessons. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried to locate them at Barns and Noble, no luck. I would like it so she could watch them on TV instead of the computer. She does not like using the computer. :)

I know the translation website Babelfish had some advertisement for such but I didn't pay mind to it because my wife has software on this compyter and likes to be on.

Try a local college or even Amazon.com, someplace like that. Computer software, in my opinion, is more interactive. She'd probably learn better that way.

Ron, does she also not want to attend an ESL class? If you can find one locally that's not taught in Spanish it may be a good opportunity. You can get many opinions on July 1st.

Yes, if she does not like the computer, then ESL classes would be beneficial. There are ESL classes in most community colleges. I'm sure there's one in Redlands or nearby.

Thanks everyone. Yes, I am taking Ivy to register for an ESL class next Tuesday. First she must go through an assessment to find out her level and they will teach her accordingly. Judging from what I was told on the phone, the school is excellent. Ivy wanted a teacher who could speak both Chinese and English. Her teacher in China was able to do that, however, from everything I've read and been told, it is better if they only teach English. That way she does not rely on the Chinese as much. I understand that concept and it makes sense that she would learn at a faster rate. Thanks for the link, Jim and, yes, Yimi, the school is in Redlands. :D

P.S. esun (Eric) are you coming to our soiree'?

Would love to come Ron but commitments and work schedules just don't allow us the time. We are planning for this fall. I still have my adult children in the Murrieta area, Phil and Yun are in Newport and you in Redlands(among others I would love to meet in the L.A. area)

Maybe the whole So. Cal CFL base could meet up at that time. Although I reside in Texas now... my heart still roams the beaches of California.