Well my ex-step-daughter is a hair dresser. She talks about the chemicals a lot and says the store brands are not so good. My 80 year old mother always had jet black hair and she goes to the beauty shopt to have it done also. I have no idea what brands from those buety supply places that she used last time but it sure looked better than before.

If you can befriend a hair dresser who has a license to get the pro stuff, you might want to do that. Heck if I know if it makes much dif.

Send a PM to c4racer. His wife knows stuff like that. I can't remember what store bought brand my wife uses but I know she likes the Chinese ones better. The internet is a wonderful thing. There are probably many websites that sell Chinese products. Hey I know! maybe one of our esteemed Chinese woman members could suggest something.

Well my ex-step-daughter is a hair dresser. She talks about the chemicals a lot and says the store brands are not so good. My 80 year old mother always had jet black hair and she goes to the beauty shopt to have it done also. I have no idea what brands from those buety supply places that she used last time but it sure looked better than before.

If you can befriend a hair dresser who has a license to get the pro stuff, you might want to do that. Heck if I know if it makes much dif.

Hmm........my wife will never go for it. She'll say, "cost too much!"

But I think she's willing to do it herself. I only hope it doesn't become a disaster! B)

My mom used Nice 'n Easy and she liked it.

When choosing hair dye, be careful to read about the allergy part. When using it, follow the steps too. One of my friend used one hair dye (dont remember the brand) and her face was swollen for one week. Her husband touched her head skin when brushing the dye, and I thought she was allergic to that product as well.

Just be cautious.

My mom used Nice 'n Easy and she liked it.

When choosing hair dye, be careful to read about the allergy part. When using it, follow the steps too. One of my friend used one hair dye (dont remember the brand) and her face was swollen for one week. Her husband touched her head skin when brushing the dye, and I thought she was allergic to that product as well.

Just be cautious.

Thanks for your reply, Cathy.

My wife bought Clairol Loving Care. It's a semi-permanent dye. She really doesn't know much about American products and such.

I mentioned Nice 'n Easy to her but I don't think she heard me.

Oh well, I think this dye will be good for her. I think she made a right choice. She is doing the allergy test now.

Thanks! :ranting:

My wife goes to Sally's Beauty Supply store and gets her gig there. If you have a Sally's close by, they will tell your " qizi" what she needs and give you 10% off (with free membership) quality, professional products. In my opinion, store bought hair products are ok but do not last as long as salon style products. In this case, spend more-get more!

My daughter is licensed in California and buys her stuff at Sally's. She likes them very much.

I just ask my daughter to pull the white hair off my head :angry: . If any of you meet me in person, please compliment "Eunice, I like your hair" though I'm getting bald

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

I just ask my daughter to pull the white hair off my head :angry: . If any of you meet me in person, please compliment "Eunice, I like your hair" though I'm getting bald

Eunice,that's what my wife was doing, pulling her white hair :roller:

i asked her to promiseto not pull any more of her beautiful hair.

This is a good post.

My wife goes to Sally's Beauty Supply store and gets her gig there. If you have a Sally's close by, they will tell your " qizi" what she needs and give you 10% off (with free membership) quality, professional products. In my opinion, store bought hair products are ok but do not last as long as salon style products. In this case, spend more-get more!

My daughter is licensed in California and buys her stuff at Sally's. She likes them very much.

We have a Sally's but my "qizi" would never go. She is one stubborn Chinese lady!

We have a Sally's but my "qizi" would never go. She is one stubborn Chinese lady!

Sallys is a very good beauty supply shop, my ex is a hair stylist and goes there all the time for supplies.