AOS Morons......

Curt ... I hope you filed a G-28 Notice of Appearance of Representative along with your original filing. This allows you to correspond directly with the government on behalf of your wife.

Our K-2 AOS is currently in progress and they send duplicate copies of everything to me and will accept correspondence. We just got our biometrics appointment notice yesterday.

Also ... did you file the I-864EZ or the long form. We've filed the EZ both times and so far no probs. (knock, knock)

G-28 and I-864. Ling's Biometric's appointment is next Friday morning.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry; we got RFE'd for a W2 that was already sent.

I called and spoke to a nice lady who said, "Just send a photo copy

of the W2, they loose things all of the time". :lol:

One other note:

At the interview our IO seemed to get frustrated when going

through file looking for things. He said things were in the wrong order.

Oh, I didn't mention, we were also asked for W2's. Only one small problem, I've been self-employed for 21+ years. I've not received a W2 since 1986. And this information is easily discerned by looking at my damn tax returns I've just resent. Of course I had to explain all of that to try and reduce the chances of getting RFE'd again for W2's........

Sometimes they just do not even look at the information in front of them ,I am sure they must have a check list to follow which maybe does not contain an allowance for self employed people ( really I do not believe that ) what happened is that your reviewer is either

use this as your check list :rolleyes:

1. Lazy

2. incompendent

3. over worked

4. a moron

5 All of the above

One other note:

Oh, I didn't mention, we were also asked for W2's. Only one small problem, I've been self-employed for 21+ years. I've not received a W2 since 1986. And this information is easily discerned by looking at my damn tax returns I've just resent. Of course I had to explain all of that to try and reduce the chances of getting RFE'd again for W2's........

Sometimes they just do not even look at the information in front of them ,I am sure they must have a check list to follow which maybe does not contain an allowance for self employed people ( really I do not believe that ) what happened is that your reviewer is either

use this as your check list :rolleyes:

1. Lazy

2. incompendent

3. over worked

4. a moron

5 All of the above

One other note:

use this as your check list :lol:

1. Lazy

2. incompendent

3. over worked

4. a moron

5 All of the above

You will get things squared away at the interview.

Check David's AOS Interview Checklist.

Get ready and good luck........... :)

Mine went to Nebraska and now I'm being asked to send this repeat info to Missouri. Guess we've been transferred to the slow track too.

You can't worry about the USCIS. They're going to do what they want to do.

This is one of those cases where when they say jump, you ask how high!

Sad but true. Give 'em what they want! :lol:

Mine went to Nebraska and now I'm being asked to send this repeat info to Missouri. Guess we've been transferred to the slow track too.

You can't worry about the USCIS. They're going to do what they want to do.

This is one of those cases where when they say jump, you ask how high!

Sad but true. Give 'em what they want! :lol:

Yes, just give them what they want. Then you should be okay.

• 1 month later...

First the damn RFE for information that was already sent with the application..........

Today we got a letter acknowledging our request to change our address saying they will hold the application process until we submit an AR-11 to properly change our address.

One little problem:

We didn't send any frickin' request to change our address! In fact we've been (not so patiently) waiting and have not contacted them for any reason!

I just got off the phone with USCIS and they apologized for the error and promised to send us a letter of acknowledgement within 45 days.

45 DAYS???? It takes 45 days to write a note that says, "we're sorry we made a mistake." ???? Is our case going to be put on hold for another 45 days before it resumes its path through the process?????

We are both very pissed right now. In light of the obscene PM's I've been being flooded with, I'd almost suspect this a-hole somehow got Ling's case number and sent in the address change just for sh!ts and giggles........

Hmmmm.....I see it's also now been 14 days since my last email to GZ in reference to our K2 interview request with no response......

@$^$%&^*%^*^%#&

First the damn RFE for information that was already sent with the application..........

Today we got a letter acknowledging our request to change our address saying they will hold the application process until we submit an AR-11 to properly change our address.

One little problem:

We didn't send any frickin' request to change our address! In fact we've been (not so patiently) waiting and have not contacted them for any reason!

I just got off the phone with USCIS and they apologized for the error and promised to send us a letter of acknowledgement within 45 days.

45 DAYS???? It takes 45 days to write a note that says, "we're sorry we made a mistake." ???? Is our case going to be put on hold for another 45 days before it resumes its path through the process?????

We are both very pissed right now. In light of the obscene PM's I've been being flooded with, I'd almost suspect this a-hole somehow got Ling's case number and sent in the address change just for sh!ts and giggles........

Hmmmm.....I see it's also now been 14 days since my last email to GZ in reference to our K2 interview request with no response......

@$^$%&^*%^*^%#&

Welcome to the "snake pit".....................proceed with caution. :ph34r:

Definitely proceed with caution.

You might want to schedule an infopass appointment and discuss the change of address with them. It would also be a good time to submit a G-28 which gives you full authority to discuss the case.

Just a suggestion, quit taking it so hard. The only thing you do is cause yourself stress and heartache, the USCIS isn't going change their way of doing business no matter how you react and if you go off on them on the phone or in their offices they will justifiably show you the door and then your on the outside without getting anything done.

You might want to schedule an infopass appointment and discuss the change of address with them. It would also be a good time to submit a G-28 which gives you full authority to discuss the case.

Just a suggestion, quit taking it so hard. The only thing you do is cause yourself stress and heartache, the USCIS isn't going change their way of doing business no matter how you react and if you go off on them on the phone or in their offices they will justifiably show you the door and then your on the outside without getting anything done.

Proceed with what???? I didn't do this. This is the second time they've contacted me for reasons they've invented out of thin air. I called and said I didn't do this. They apologized. Who knows what further delay this will add.

I already filed a G-28. That's why I was able to talk with them today (although only after they talked to Ling first and got her verbal permission--so much for the G-28).

Infopass: I went online to try and schedule an infopass appt. The webpage only gives three reasons for appts:

1. Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

2. Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

3. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

None of the three apply but I clicked on #2 as being the closest to why I wanted to talk with someone. The next screen said:

At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

I don't stress over the waiting. I am angry over twice having delays because some moron is entering false information into our file. Don't stress? You want to be the one to try and explain to Ling 20x every day why her work permit isn't in the mail??????

Proceed with what???? I didn't do this. This is the second time they've contacted me for reasons they've invented out of thin air. I called and said I didn't do this. They apologized. Who knows what further delay this will add.

I already filed a G-28. That's why I was able to talk with them today (although only after they talked to Ling first and got her verbal permission--so much for the G-28).

Infopass: I went online to try and schedule an infopass appt. The webpage only gives three reasons for appts:

1. Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

2. Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

3. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

None of the three apply but I clicked on #2 as being the closest to why I wanted to talk with someone. The next screen said:

At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

I don't stress over the waiting. I am angry over twice having delays because some moron is entering false information into our file. Don't stress? You want to be the one to try and explain to Ling 20x every day why her work permit isn't in the mail??????

Try item #3, the change of address is reason enough. You just need to get in the door to talk about the case. Take every piece of paper with you concerning the case.

As for explaining to your wife, try the "I don't know" answer and you are trying to find out, because it's the truth. You getting angry only makes her worry.

If you want to give yourself a stroke or heart attack, keep up not stressing and all. Make a plan and pursue it, but getting angry over it does nothing but make life harder for both you and your wife.

Been there with her green card, delayed twice do to screw ups. She

couldn't understand why they just wouldn't send it out again at

once. Her anxiety level was higher because she had to go back to

China to deal with family issues and kept getting wrong info from

friends saying she would need her card to travel. Not a happy time!

Just tell her the truth, sometimes this is how our Gov. works. you

are on top of it and it will get done. I know it sucks, just keep an

even keel so not to worry her.

Hope you get this resolved quick!