interview date change ?

has any one changed there interview date ? we still have not received our p4 packet that was supposed to have been mailed on the 17th. i called my congress woman and she said she would contact guangzhou for me i also emailed them and my so faxed them too . My question is can we change our interview date and will it cause a problem

has any one changed there interview date ? we still have not received our p4 packet that was supposed to have been mailed on the 17th. i called my congress woman and she said she would contact guangzhou for me i also emailed them and my so faxed them too . My question is can we change our interview date and will it cause a problem

how do you contact your congress man/woman?

are you trying to change your date? have you asked if this can be done?

Try one of these links to find your congressperson http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=599

Changing an interview date can be done. I think there might be something about it in the GZ consulate's FAQ's.

Try one of these links to find your congressperson http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=599

Changing an interview date can be done. I think there might be something about it in the GZ consulate's FAQ's.

thanks!!

In reference to the OP, how can you change a date that you don't have yet? Are you saying that you want to change whatever interview date you get?

In reference to the OP, how can you change a date that you don't have yet? Are you saying that you want to change whatever interview date you get?

I'm with Ron on this one. I'm not sure what you are doing? You have a date and you want to change or you want to change whatever date USCONGUZ may give you? Maybe all this is in another post and I'm just dumb.

When my fiancee did not have the "kitchen sink" in hand in the days leading up to her interview, I asked that question. Everyone on this site told me NOT to change it, and if need be, go into the interview with the bare minimum. I can't find those recommendations, but I'm just passing on the advice I received a few months back.

As aye,

Jim

ok I geuss i didn't make my self clear i know my interview is on the 26th of june. i want to know if we can change the date I already have. my fiance needs the interview letter for the mecical exam you have to have it for that.

I contacted Guz earlier today (when it was daytime in China still), and they said you will need to send a notarized letter in English and Chinese to the consulate mailing address asking it to be rescheduled and why. They said it should not be a problem.

I also contacted the DOS and they said contact Guz, but they sai dit should be fine to reschedule and that you won't have your case thrown out or sent back to USCIS.

Disclaimer: This is what I was told. But don't' hold me responsible for these words. :)

I'm with Ron on this one. I'm not sure what you are doing? You have a date and you want to change or you want to change whatever date USCONGUZ may give you? Maybe all this is in another post and I'm just dumb.

When my fiancee did not have the "kitchen sink" in hand in the days leading up to her interview, I asked that question. Everyone on this site told me NOT to change it, and if need be, go into the interview with the bare minimum. I can't find those recommendations, but I'm just passing on the advice I received a few months back.

As aye,

Jim

He is well within his rights to do so. :)

As aye,

Jim

He is well within his rights to do so. :threeques:

Uh, do what?

Hey my 777th post. Too bad those numbers don't come up like that on a slot machine!

As aye,

Jim

As aye,

Jim

He is well within his rights to do so. :threeques:

Uh, do what?

Hey my 777th post. Too bad those numbers don't come up like that on a slot machine!

As aye,

Jim

He can change his date by delaying the interview. He needs to write the consulate. According to their FAQ's, they will oblige.

I cannot see any reason to delay the interview. We're only talking about needing the appointment letter. I'll bet they will give you one in person.

Get to GUZ a week early if needed; walk in and get an appointment letter; go to a medical clinic.. then go to your interview...

Why delay the interview by month(s)...

Until that time.. keep asking for another one to be sent to your SO... provide her cell number too.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

My stepson received his P4 a week before the interview, and 2 days before going to GUZ. Talk about cutting it close! I did however email them several times, as well as faxed them letters rquesting the P4, which I think helped. I was told by DOS that changing the interview date is NOT a good idea.