Hi everybody.

My name is Doris and I live in Beijing while my husband, Rex lives in Florida. We got married on 22 July 2002 in Beijing and we filed our petition papers on March 12, 2003 (for the I-130) and April 23, 2003 (for the I-129F).

I think with the new procedure being implemented by the NVC, the release of k-3 petitions will be a lot faster compared to the old process. Pls. see our timeline below:

Mailed I-130 to Texas SC - 3/12/03

1st NOA for I-130 - 3/22/03

Mailed I-129F - 4/16/03

1st NOA for I-129F - 4/25/03

2nd NOA for I-129F - 5/12/03

Notice from NVC - 5/21/03

Packet 3 - ???

Visa issuance -???

The letter from NVC did not state anything about the name check. It stated that the State Department’s NVC has recently received an approved I-129F petition and thus the letter is to inform the petitioner that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the US Consulate in Guangzhou.

I am happy to hear this good news from my husband. Although I will still continue to pray that the visa will be released before July 15, so I can fly to Florida and be with him on our 1st wedding anniversary.

Doris

:angry:

Doris,

Welcome to Candle. If you get your visa before July, then the total processing time will be only around 4 months. That would be too much to wish for and a world record. If you get your visa before the end of this year, then you are lucky. I wonder why it took your husband so long to start the paperwork since you got married on July 2002.

Doris, welcome to Candle. It is good to have you here and I think you will find that there is much help, support, and valuable information available from our members. We wish you a speedy and successful continuation of your visa process. :angry:

Hi Tony

After the wedding, I came to US on a tourist visa and stayed there for 3 months. We deferred the visa processing, to give me enough time to be mentally and emotionally prepared before I permanently migrate to US . I know it will be difficult for me to be away from my family and friends and to live in a country and embrace a culture so foreign to me. I am so happy that my husband supported and understood my concern.

And now I know I am ready to live in US, start my new role as a wife and to accept each other’s cultural differences. I realize that married life is truly a wonderful journey; far wonderful than the freedom a person gets from being single….

Doris

i thought if you were married in china, you can't apply tourist visa anymore.  correct me if i am wrong.  i called a laywer for information on this and he told me once you applied for K-3 visa, you can't apply tourist visa anymore.

You can always apply tourist visa as well as K visa at the same time. However, the chance of getting a tourist visa is almost impossible when US immigration sees you as a threat to overstay your visa. The lawyer knows the odd and tell you not to apply.

i went throught my old email achives and found the one that laywer replied me. "No, sorry, they will not give her a visitor visa as long as she has another visa in process."

if i knew, i might follow what beijinglady did, spending 3 month with my wife first before this long frustrating process. according to beijinglady, it seems like the processing time is faster than before now.

if i knew, i might follow what beijinglady did, spending 3 month with my wife first before this long frustrating process.  according to beijinglady, it seems like the processing time is faster than before now.

Dear Tonyuab,

Don’t be sad cause you’re more than half-way through with the paperwork…just hang on and before you know it ,you’ll be waking up every morning with an angel beside you..

Doris B)

Hi Tonyuab, if you have your namecheck already then I see no reason for complaints. B)

Guys you're missing what she said. Beijinglady got the tourist visa visited the U.S., then went back to China and applied for her K3 visa, which is why they are starting the process so late after their marriage. She was not applying for 2 visa's at once. :D

Personally, I think she should have stayed in the U.S. and applied instead of returning to China. She would have been wrong, but they would have only slapped her hand. When my wife was in the U.S. last summer, if I knew then what I know now, there's no way she would have returned to China back then. :D

Hi Tonyuab, if you have your namecheck already then I see no reason for complaints.  :)

Guys you're missing what she said.  Beijinglady got the tourist visa visited the U.S., then went back to China and applied for her K3 visa, which is why they are starting the process so late after their marriage.  She was not applying for 2 visa's at once.  :)

Personally, I think she should have stayed in the U.S. and applied instead of returning to China. She would have been wrong, but they would have only slapped her hand.  When my wife was in the U.S. last summer, if I knew then what I know now, there's no way she would have returned to China back then.  :(

Avaster,

Good point. She should have applied while she was in USA. I am very surprised that the US immigration gave her the tourist visa knowing that her husband is an American and it was likely that she won't go back to China.

Good point.  She should have applied while she was in USA.  I am very surprised that the US immigration gave her the tourist visa knowing that her husband is an American and it was likely that she won't go back to China.

Hi ttle_99..

I got the tourist visa when i was still single. I just used the passport with my single name. . No questions from the Immigration officers...

Doris