Feeling as blue as the paper they gave my SO...

THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Jianhong's interview did not go well. And I was feeling so

confident last week. I felt that we had crossed all our T's and

dotted all our I's and had enough paperwork to where any normal

human with half a brain would look at all this and know we have a

valid relationship.

What I failed to factor in is that, anytime you are dealing with a

government employee, you should *KNOW* you are never dealing with a normal human with half a brain.

She got a blue paper and a list of additional info she needs to

supply.

So that others may benefit from my tale of sorrow, here is the list

of what they want (though I cannot even begin to guess as to *WHY*

they want some of this).

1. Documentation on the development of our relationship from initial

stages until the current date. Phone records, emails, etc. I gave

them all this stuff already. I have no clue why they checked this

box. Initially I gave them a sampling - some from initial contact,

some from the middle, and a few most recent. So I guess now they

get the whole thing. A year's worth of daily emails and twice

weekly phone records.

2. Detailed statement describing the evolution of our relationship.

Again, they already have this. But I guess it wasn't detailed

enough.

3. A statement listing every trip I've made to China, who arranged

it, what I did while I was there, proof of the trips. They already

have the proof of all the trips (hotel receipts, boarding passes,

copy of my Chinese Visa). So I guess I have to write a letter

explaining what I did on these trips. How lame.

4. Evidence as to the residency of Me, my ex-wife, Jianhong and her

ex-husband. The guy wrote in the margin that they want my ex-wife's

social security number. Have no clue why they want this but why

didn't they ask this in the original form I filed last year? What a

crock of sh*t to make me wait a year and spend money on a trip to

GZ only to then say "oh yeah, we need your ex's social. Come

back again another day."

5. OH THIS IS MY FAVORITE: I'll quote from the page on this

one...."Notarized photos of the petitioner standing next to the

front entrance of a U.S. post office (make sure post office's

address is visible), holding a current local newspaper. Submit

newspaper." WTF IS THIS ALL ABOUT? I can only assume to prove that

I am in the USA at the moment. I was not aware that this was

important. SO ALL YOU PEOPLE JUST STARTING OUT TAKE NOTE - I would submit this photo from the beginning to save you some heartache later on. Be sure to notarize it. And remember to send the

newspaper you are holding.

6. Notarized copy of my passport and Chinese visas. They already

have copies of these but not notarized. So you newbies take heed.

Notarize the copies of your passport and visas. Oh and be sure to

copy ALL PAGES OF YOUR PASSPORT. Even the blank pages (they asked for that also)

7. Submit plane tickets from the trips to China. The guy hand

wrote "proof of purchase" in the margin. Again - they already have

this. I submitted all this with the original application.

Including a copy of my credit card statement to show proof of

purchase. I have no clue what else I can send to satisfy this

request.

In summary I find this entire letter to be BULLSHIT! 95% of what

they are asking for is stuff they already have. And the couple items

they they ask for that I did not submit are things they should have

asked for last year when I first filed the application.

I feel powerless and at the mercy of some idiotic bureaucrat a world

away. It's just a job to that guy. And I'm sure he gets bored and

enjoys toying with other people's lives to gain some sick feeling of

power in his otherwise impotent, unimportant and pathetic little

life.

Oh well....nothing to do now but jump through the hoops and continue

to play their little games and wait (as if I haven't been waiting

long enough already). I keep telling myself that my Jianhong is

worth it.

Thanks for letting me vent...

-Bill

"when the going gets tough-the tough get going!"

Jump on that horse now and ride it to the ground! Waste no time! Be thorough, timely and efficient!

These things, like the newspaper, have been requested of others before by the consulate. Concentrate on getting and giving them what they want. It's okay to vent too!.......:)

Sorry for the set-back. You'll come out of it okay!

-good luck

Apparently there is enough questionable information in either yours or your fiancee's background, or both, that caused Guangzhou to see a lot of red flags in your petition. This was only your second post, so I'm not sure what type visa you are going for and ya'lls background, but good luck.

As aye,

Jim

Edited by SinoTexas (see edit history)

Your number 4 seems to trigger the rest, it seems that they are harder on cases where the US citizen has gone through a divorce.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24285

I can understand this. I'm all legally divorced so I have nothing to hide. I don't know why they want her social - I submitted my divorce papers with the original K1 application so why would they even care anything about my ex. We are divorced. I've shown that. End of story. But I accept that there could be a reason that I am just unaware of. I suspect to check records to see if there were any domestic violence charges filed by her. No problem.

I'm just very upset that they didn't ask for this info (or ANY of the items listed) up front. They cost me alot of time and money by waiting until the 11th hour to request this info.

Guest Mike and Lily

Yeah, they don't ask for many things up front from what I gather. Another thing you might try to get is proof of residence of your ex. Utility bills and copy of driver's license if possible. They sometimes ask for these as well.

Apparently there is enough questionable information in either yours or your fiancee's background, or both, that caused Guangzhou to see a lot of red flags in your petition. This was only your second post, so I'm not sure what type visa you are going for and ya'lls background, but good luck.

As aye,

Jim

Jim, that assumes that my application received a thorough and fair review. That some responsible, hard working Consolate employee poured through the documentation submitted and found "red flags". And since he is bound by his oath to protect our borders from the "yellow hoarde", he determined that this application required more detailed documentation.

I doubt very seriously that this was the case. As evidenced by his multiple requests for information that was contained in the envelope in front of him. At best, I think my packet received a quick glance. At worse - the dude never even opened it. Because if he had, he would have realized that 90% of what he is asking for was already in his hands.

No, I don't think much analysis went into my application. I think I am just the victim of somebody's "bad day". Who knows? Maybe his Chinese girlfriend just dumped him.

Hmmmm.........I'm not cynical.....honest I'm not :D

Figmo

I can only say that I've been through it. As the others have said, give them exactly what they ask for. Make an overcome appointment as soon as possible. I would also recommend getting a utility bill, copy of driver's license, or some other document, along with your ex's s.s# to prove where she lives. It is my understanding that they ask for this because it proves you do not still live together. Vent now and then get to work. You can overcome this. Good luck! :D

As evidenced by his multiple requests for information that was contained in the envelope in front of him. At best, I think my packet received a quick glance. At worse - the dude never even opened it. Because if he had, he would have realized that 90% of what he is asking for was already in his hands.

Yes, 90% of what they asked for is already in your file. This proves your side. It is not unreasonable for them to ask for exactly the same information from your SO. This is what proves the validity of a relationship. The sharing of intimate details and finances.

This is why many of us sent our SO's with what we like to call the kitchen sink. I sent my wife with everything already in my file. I had three years taxes attached to my I-129F. The VO requested to see this information from my wife (fiancee at the time). The fact that she could easily provide it helped get her a pink slip.

Figmo .... you do not "have your orders".

They are in charge.

They can make you jump through almost any hoop they choose to.

Their job is difficult and they are subject to human failings.

You simply need to thoroughly and unemotionally comply with what they ask.

In the end, if you do this, you and yours will get the visa.

Then you win.

Figmo .... you do not "have your orders".

They are in charge.

They can make you jump through almost any hoop they choose to.

Their job is difficult and they are subject to human failings.

You simply need to thoroughly and unemotionally comply with what they ask.

In the end, if you do this, you and yours will get the visa.

Then you win.

Id like to add:

Just to make you feel better,there are many people who get paid money to cheat this process.

LOTS of people.

I dont know why they chose you.

If an American citizen was being paid to cheat the system and help a Chinese person to get a visa illegally,like MANY do,then all that extra stuff they want you to submit would make it much more difficult and less profitable.

If the American and Chinese person have a genuine relationship,then its quite possible to collect all of those rediculous items listed on the blue slip.

I know the stuff they are asking for is redundant,but you can get it.

If it was me,I would have my photo taken in front of 10 different post offices while wearing an Uncle Sam suit,and holding 10 different newspapers.

THOSE BASTARDS!!!

-Bill

Sorry to hear about you misfortunes, Bill.

I have two questions for ya if you don't mind.

What type of petition was this (K1 or K3)? I'm interested in seeing if there's any correlation between petitioners with divorces and their type of petition.

And, was your ex a US citizen, or someone you previously helped petition to the US?

Good luck man. At least the newspaper isn't difficult to do, though probably a little embarrassing to ask someone to take a pic of you holding one. ;-)

Why they don't give hints prior to the interview of potential pitfalls that they foresee, is absolutely ridiculous. I wonder how they sleep at night.

THOSE BASTARDS!!!

-Bill

Sorry to hear about you misfortunes, Bill.

I have two questions for ya if you don't mind.

What type of petition was this (K1 or K3)? I'm interested in seeing if there's any correlation between petitioners with divorces and their type of petition.

And, was your ex a US citizen, or someone you previously helped petition to the US?

Good luck man. At least the newspaper isn't difficult to do, though probably a little embarrassing to ask someone to take a pic of you holding one. ;-)

Why they don't give hints prior to the interview of potential pitfalls that they foresee, is absolutely ridiculous. I wonder how they sleep at night.

It is a K1 visa and my ex wife is an American citizen.

I'm going to move this to a new topic because the emotional phase is wearing off and now I have alot of legal questions. Thanks to all for your support.