Question about new "future" immigration laws.........

Hello,

I know several members have suggested that they are tired of hearing about my situation - if you are one of these - don't bother to read or reply. This is a serious question and I am seeking serious answers.

It is my understanding (I have been told) that my ex-wife is returning to the US using her conditional green card to gain entry. I will assume she will attempt to have the conditions removed on her own. I have a few questions about this......

1) What are the odds she can actually get the conditions removed although we are divorced? If I am not present at the "condition removal" hearing - can she still have conditions removed?

2) I am assuming that if she fails at this attempt - that she will then rely on the new (soon to be) immigration laws that will most likely allow her to still obtain a non-conditional green card and eventual citizenship. Is this really going to become a reality and it will allow her to actually stay here legally at some point?

3) I am sure she will not leave the US again until she has obtained legal status to stay here. But won't she have to return to China at some point before this process is complete?

I just need to better understand what options she has.

Thanks,

FC

A happy life must be in balance with both positive and negative

forces.

????????????????????????????????????????????? Don't understand the purpose of this reply .............. sorry, I guess I am stupid because I just don't get the meaning as it applies to the question and comments.

I just was curious about what her chances of success would be if she choose to do this. I would think ICE surely has red flagged her case - and make it near impossible for her to remove conditions - especially without me.

FC

I don't understand why it matters. She's your EX.

I think his concern is, if she is allowed to re-enter the US and stay, then what becomes of the I-864 and it's enforcement? Remember, this document can be very dangerous. I would be worried if I were in his shoes.

I agree with Mike. Call ICE, ask some questions, will she be allowed back in the US? Can you with proof, stop her from gaining entry or is what is already filed enough?

I think his concern is, if she is allowed to re-enter the US and stay, then what becomes of the I-864 and it's enforcement? Remember, this document can be very dangerous. I would be worried if I were in his shoes.

I agree with Mike. Call ICE, ask some questions, will she be allowed back in the US? Can you with proof, stop her from gaining entry or is what is already filed enough?

I'm glad that this author and Mike from the last post at least take this matter seriously. It is a great concern for me - and I am indeed trying to figure out how this matter can result in problems for me. Of course it would be great if the US would deny her entry - but I don't trust the US to stop her. But considering that she does have a legal green card - I guess I should not expect them to deny her entry. I am more worried about her getting the conditions removed on her own and how this will play out for me.

But by popular demand of the "vultures" on this website - I will no longer ask any questions here about anything. I am offended by the amount of heartless and non-caring people who only look to attack the people that they either don't like or agree with. I can only hope that these people (I speak of here) suffer similar situations/problems, as I have, and hope other members bash them as I have been bashed. But thanks again to the few members who have been understanding and kind to me - and helped in so many ways. This website (as a whole) has provided much needed help, advice, and support - but I will not take part anymore and allow the vultures to feast off of my misery.

Thanks

FC

I'm glad that this author and Mike from the last post at least take this matter seriously. It is a great concern for me - and I am indeed trying to figure out how this matter can result in problems for me. Of course it would be great if the US would deny her entry - but I don't trust the US to stop her. But considering that she does have a legal green card - I guess I should not expect them to deny her entry. I am more worried about her getting the conditions removed on her own and how this will play out for me.

But by popular demand of the "vultures" on this website - I will no longer ask any questions here about anything. I am offended by the amount of heartless and non-caring people who only look to attack the people that they either don't like or agree with. I can only hope that these people (I speak of here) suffer similar situations/problems, as I have, and hope other members bash them as I have been bashed. But thanks again to the few members who have been understanding and kind to me - and helped in so many ways. This website (as a whole) has provided much needed help, advice, and support - but I will not take part anymore and allow the vultures to feast off of my misery.

Thanks

FC

I don't think she stands a chance, Scott. It will be an uphill battle for her to get the card especially with all the reports you've made on her. In fact, that will most likely be what will save you if and when she trys to enter the country and be the end for her.

Thanks

FC

If she gets the conditions removed on her own due to divorce, then nothing will happen to you.

Hello,

I know several members have suggested that they are tired of hearing about my situation - if you are one of these - don't bother to read or reply. This is a serious question and I am seeking serious answers.

Maybe if you didn't start your posts off in such a confrontational manner, you'd bet better results.

Just MHO