Our BlueSlip Experience

I see Ron you must have had the same VO as Yanlan, rude like she said. Did not pay much attention to her, only asked a few things, then put a blue slip on the pink slip, and wamo, Yanlan was asked for the same things your SO was asked for.

Glad to see it over for you so soon.

Happy Life!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been one of the better post placed on candle for a while. To have prepared for everything and still not pass the interview can do a number on you. In this situation you must remain calm and give them what they desire. This is a clear example where a blue slip is not the end of the world ,just one more set back.It is kind of like a boxing match you suck it up and go in for another round.You just never give up, you keep fighting. :boxer:

Yan and I were married a few weeks ago and the preacher mentioned if we had thought about how easy it was to get married and if we were really ready to be married. What flashed through my mind was "hell yes and we even have a VO's permission along with the US government". :worthy: We wish you a good life......... Kinda makes you think how people cope with a situation like this without candle

Great post Ron. My hearty congratulations to you and Ivy....you, Sir, are a class act....the way you put your shoulder to the wheel and overcame what was surely an undeserved blue slip, shows the strength of your commitment to each other. I am sure Ivy was very unhappy with the outcome of the interview, your support by being there for her will live forever in her heart. Her man was there for her...this is hugely important for her...and you. You are the best example of what it takes to make it through this process....thanks again for the execellent report. Each bit of information helps those of us still to enter the gauntlet at GUZ......best wishes for a speed trip back home with your wonderful lady!

It is disgusting that a VO's bad attitude landed on you guys.....I would bet that he broke policy by not having the interview conducted in Mandarin....maybe a few days off without pay would get his attention...not that it's likely to happen...

Steve

Edited by Steve and Aiwen (see edit history)

Ron and Ivy,

Thank you for your well laid out tale of woe.

I know you two will overcome. The next VO will be very different and you will see the PINK!

Best wishes and Happy Memorial Day!!!

Thank you all again. I would just add to all those waiting for the interview -- study up on those 95 questions. They may only ask a few, but they can come off the wall with something like "what is the name of your fiance's son or daughter and where do they live?" :worthy:

The next VO will be very different and you will see the PINK!
David and Wendy, I hope Ivy never has to talk to another visa officer as long as she lives. :boxer: Edited by RLS (see edit history)