Just to confirm

... just to confirm my interpretation ... when filing the I-485 for adjustment of status on a K2 visa the A number item is filled in as "None".

Right?

Since K2 is a derived visa there has been no A number directly associated with the K2 (but of course the K1 had an A number). This is also why supporting evidence includes the NOA-2 for the K-1, the marriage certificate, and the K-1's GC if already granted.

... just to confirm my interpretation ... when filing the I-485 for adjustment of status on a K2 visa the A number item is filled in as "None".

Right?

Since K2 is a derived visa there has been no A number directly associated with the K2 (but of course the K1 had an A number). This is also why supporting evidence includes the NOA-2 for the K-1, the marriage certificate, and the K-1's GC if already granted.

Definately NONE.

They will assign an A# and returned it on the I-797C receipt.

• 3 weeks later...

At this time I can not find my NOA 1 or 2. Where can I get Yanlans A number? With her moving in and Lulu, things are all over the place and changing daily.

You better find the NOA-2. You need it for AOS.

Correct you need to send a photo copy of the NOA2 in with the AOS application if you don't you will get an RFE for it.

To replace the NOA2 letter you need to file an I-824 and pay $200, the fee goes up after July 30.

We have the K2 AOS receipt and yep, they assigned an A number as well as an MSC file number.

Our daughter is on her way!

http://www.userfriendlyonline.com/pics/congarat.gif

Kewl. We're anxiously waiting for our daughter.....I raised two sons before. I honestly don't know if I'm ready for a teenage daughter..................................*yikes*

But she's a great kid and we both miss her tons.