Supporters of Illegal Immagration plan to march today

Supporters of all those over here illegally plan on marching in several cities again before their cause is pushed back by the upcoming presidential elections..the most recent proposal by congress is this.

The plan would grant illegal immigrants three-year work visas for $3,500 but also require them to return home to apply for U.S. residency and pay a $10,000 fine. It has been roundly criticized by immigrant groups.

Of course if youve been here for free...why would they agree to this..thats their view Im sure. Sounds fair to me. :P

Supporters of all those over here illegally plan on marching in several cities again before their cause is pushed back by the upcoming presidential elections..the most recent proposal by congress is this.

The plan would grant illegal immigrants three-year work visas for $3,500 but also require them to return home to apply for U.S. residency and pay a $10,000 fine. It has been roundly criticized by immigrant groups.

Of course if youve been here for free...why would they agree to this..thats their view Im sure. Sounds fair to me. :P

How many Mexicans have filled out paperwork to come here legally and are still waiting? I think we need to secure our borders and begin deporting those who are here illegally. Those who try to follow our laws should be given preference over those who broke our laws. We have no idea who these people are, there have been no background checks on these people and no sponsors. Just like our fiance' / spouses those who come here should have a sponsor and should not be eligible for tax payer paid public assistance of any kind.

I do not think those who get deported should be permanently banned entering the US, as is the current practice, but they should be subjected to the background checks and have employment arranged prior to entry with a sponsor (this sponsor can be the employer). The argument that they are hard workers is irrelevent. I am a hard worker, it does give me the right to break the law.

This is about immigration reform which is sorely needed. Everyone shopuld be in the streets telling Congress to stop politics and fix a system that puts our national security at risk and does not recognize facts about our economy.

Congress needs to do their job then no one needs to march!

Secure Borders

Strict Enforcement

Guest Workers (not like the current one that allows someone with a specialized skill proven by fake documents to immigrate to the U.S.. We need unskilled low level workers like every other developed nation does)

Amnesty (Put it behind us that government failed to enforce the laws and go forward)

All are needed to clean up the mess our government made.

I have absolutely no issue with legal immigrants from any country. I do have an issue with those from any country who violate laws to enter the US and continue to violate laws by working.

What about the root of the problem? The businesses that pretend not to know that the persons they are hiring, for far less money and benifits than their American counter part, is ilegal. Seems to me if we stop their reasons for coming here they would stop--unless you think they just come for our ghettos.

They have even taken it a step further and be as bold as to attack people of European descent saying that this is their land and that Europeans are the illegal aliens.

Where are the guys like Sam Houston, Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie? Or Andrew Jackson? I bet they're rolling in their graves!

i agree with all of you, i have seen many people replaced by cheaper less qualified workers ,most of them unable to speak english , legal immigrants, is a major infestation, in north carolina,

This is about immigration reform which is sorely needed. Everyone shopuld be in the streets telling Congress to stop politics and fix a system that puts our national security at risk and does not recognize facts about our economy.

Secure Borders

Strict Enforcement

Guest Workers (not like the current one that allows someone with a specialized skill proven by fake documents to immigrate to the U.S.. We need unskilled low level workers like every other developed nation does)

Amnesty (Put it behind us that government failed to enforce the laws and go forward)

I would agree with everything you said except

Amnesty - we have been there before and (Reagan ) and it did not work because the laws and the border was not made tougher

The Government

We are the Government and we can Hire and Fire our elected Politicians if they support illegal immigration -whether they are a Repubican or a Democrat -if they are in favor of illegal immigration then vote against them

also I turn in businesses that knowingly use illegal Aliens and I won't hire a contractor that uses then for any work I have .

it's only a small difference but if everybody was willing to do so then the problem would be lessened

Ever travel to Mexico ?

They have an Illegal Immigration problem here to but they will throw you in jail if they catch you breaking their strict laws -well unless you have a big enough bribe for them :lol: .

I never have bought all the Bull about work that other Americans won't do .I did many menial jobs when I was in high school and College!

Here is a Recent example !After the IMS raid got rid of 200 illegals out of a chicken plant near Metter Georgia in December of this Year ( how cruel it was to ruin thier Christmas party and to send them and their youngins who were out of School on Christmas break back to good ole Mexico ) all the jobs were filled within 1 week by American citizens at the same pay scale .

Suddenly the grade school , the high school and the community health clinic and hospital were no longer swamped by illegals that I was paying for their free services and free education with MY property taxes :blink:

There is alot of teen age unemployment - a major reason is (I think) is the illegal alien .

Those band of rioters threw down yesterday in L.A.

Did you see that bitch yelling and pointing her finger? If I was LAPD, I would've slapped her down and cuffed her. Too much troubles. I think the LAPD handled themselves well. Go Guys!......... :lol:

One of my co-workers attended a counter demonstration accross the street from the thousands of mexicans demonstrating at the capitol here in Denver.

He was in a small group of about 5 people when suddenly they were surrounded by a huge mob of mexicans. One of his buddies was hit in the head with a bottle. The cop standing nearby told the victim that is he couldn't do anything because it's not his district.

The mexicans were yelling and swearing at the small group and waving their mexican flags.

Completely disgusts me that they get away with walking the streets illegally while the cops stand by and watch.

Secure Borders

Strict Enforcement

I would agree with everything you said except

Amnesty - we have been there before and (Reagan ) and it did not work because the laws and the border was not made tougher

The Government

We are the Government and we can Hire and Fire our elected Politicians if they support illegal immigration -whether they are a Repubican or a Democrat -if they are in favor of illegal immigration then vote against them

also I turn in businesses that knowingly use illegal Aliens and I won't hire a contractor that uses then for any work I have .

it's only a small difference but if everybody was willing to do so then the problem would be lessened

Ever travel to Mexico ?

They have an Illegal Immigration problem here to but they will throw you in jail if they catch you breaking their strict laws -well unless you have a big enough bribe for them :lol: .

I never have bought all the Bull about work that other Americans won't do .I did many menial jobs when I was in high school and College!

Here is a Recent example !After the IMS raid got rid of 200 illegals out of a chicken plant near Metter Georgia in December of this Year ( how cruel it was to ruin thier Christmas party and to send them and their youngins who were out of School on Christmas break back to good ole Mexico ) all the jobs were filled within 1 week by American citizens at the same pay scale .

Suddenly the grade school , the high school and the community health clinic and hospital were no longer swamped by illegals that I was paying for their free services and free education with MY property taxes :angry:

There is alot of teen age unemployment - a major reason is (I think) is the illegal alien .

Dan is not recommending amnesty as a sole solution, so you take it out of context to suggest what happened in the past (it didn't work to tighten up borders); It's not meant to tighten up borders, that's another very important and distinct role... the problem is too big and impossible on a certain level; many distinct roles are needed and that is also part of the problem: Getting various agencies to do what is necessary is equally impossible.

To believe that they will come out of the woods, pay almost $15,000 and go back to their country to apply for a visa is truly credulous and absurd. I think amnesty plus some sort of payment is in the right direction but you will lose them back to the woods to propose they return to their country...

If we think that is the right thing to do, then they should just round them up and send them back period. But that's the reality; we know we cannot round them up to send them back... so if we keep these two parts together, even in the umbrella of 'amnesty', it just won't work IMO...

Here is an interesting twist.

Immigration Sweep Fears Spark Cancellation of Virginia Cinco de Mayo Festival

COLONIAL BEACH, Va. ¡ª Fearful of a federal sweep of illegal immigrants, organizers canceled a Cinco de Mayo festival scheduled for Sunday.

An organizer said she called off the traditional May 5 celebration of Hispanic pride after she said she received a phone call from the Fairfax office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

"I don't want to be responsible for one single parent to be taken from their home, whether they're illegal or not," said Maria Roe, who launched the festival three years ago.

Roe, who writes a Spanish-language column for a local weekly newspaper, said she asked the caller why she was interested in the festival and didn't get an answer.

"What does that make you think?" Roe told the Richmond Times-Dispatch in an interview published Friday.

Gloria Williams-Brevard, an Immigration Services community relations officer, said the call was simply intended to find out more about the festival and its location. She had an interest in attending the festival to offer information on how her office can help immigrants with visa applications, citizenship requests and other support.

"We're not the enforcement component" of immigration, she said. "If nothing else, it sounds like there is an opportunity for outreach there."

Roe said she communicated her concerns to the Colonial Beach Foundation, which was organizing the event. This year's celebration was to feature Hispanic pop bands, vendors and a parade. It had been renamed the Hispanic-American Festival of May.

"It's been gaining in popularity the last two years," said Peter Fahrney, foundation president.

Roe's fears of an immigration crackdown "rattled a lot of people in the area," Fahrney said.

"There was anxiety in the Hispanic community that they were going to be hassled or singled out in some way" at the festival, he said.

Workers from Mexico and Central America are becoming an increasingly important part of the economy in this tourist community on the Potomac River and in the rest of the Northern Neck. About 950 migrant workers are employed by the region's farms, nurseries, lumber mills and seafood processing houses, according to the Virginia Employment Commission.

Fahrney said he hopes the foundation will hold its Hispanic-American festival next spring.

"It serves to integrate a nonparticipatory minority into the mainstream culture of our small community," he said. "We'll have to see how it pans out next year."

San Francisco is really pushing the envelope.

They risk losing federal funding.

I think that if San Fran wants to disobey the federal laws then it should lose some federal funding -but perhaps not all

California remembers when the government came and arrested

all Japanese American citizens and sent them to concentration

camps. The first stop was a racetrack where familys were forced

to live in horse stalls.

As for federal funding: California gives, we do not receive.

We do our best to help the poor states. :)