Finally! 14 month wait is over! (we think?)

Well, I found this site late but it was a great help!

3/20/02 applied for visa

8/02 sent in Packet 3

4/10/03 application resubmitted to DOS

5/6/03 application approved AND received by Guanzhou

6/02/03 interview scheduled

If you have any suggestions, don't be shy!

Didn't we already do a ds-156? Does she need a ds-157?

to those who have helped, thanks much.

To those few I have been able to help, hope it assisted....

take care

You will not need a DS-156 or 157 for the interview. Copying what Tony had recently posted in another thread (I am also going to post it in the Links and Resources):

K3

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho.../iv/gzfaqs.html

What documents should I bring to the visa interview?

The applicant should bring the following original documents:

Forms in the appointment packet

Chinese passport

Two visa photos

Notarial birth certificate

Notarial marital status certificate. If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

Medical report

Affidavit of Support - I-864 and copies of the three most recent years' tax returns if not already submitted to NVC.

Relationship evidence including family photos, correspondence and household registration to prove the claimed relationship.

Translations: Police certificates from other countries not in English, or in the official language of the country must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a notary public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/kvfaq.html

What documents should I bring to the visa interview?

The applicant should bring the following original documents:

Forms in the appointment packet

Chinese passport

Application fee receipt

Four visa photos attached to forms DS-156

Notarial birth certificate

Notarial marital status certificate. If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

Medical report

Affidavit of Support - I-134 and a copy of the most recent year tax returns from the petitioner.

Relationship evidence, such as correspondence and photos taken together to prove the claimed relationship to the petitioner

Translations: Police certificates from other countries not in English, or in the official language of the country must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a notary public.