Overcome

Forgive me if it is posted elsewhere. I don't see it. Can someone explain the "overcome" process, how much time lapses, (day(s), weeks, months) can it occur at window #30, and, if I read correctly, that my SO should not leave the room after interview (if blue-slipped) (or Guangzhou for that matter) without attempting to present overcome evidence?

If a blue slip is issued with request for additional information, the beneficiary can go to Window #30 for any Q&A to clarify something... There is no presenting evidence at that time.

you call the Call Center to schedule an appointment to drop off the materials.. it is taking people around 2+ months to get a slot. Given that time lag, don't worry about this unless it becomes a reality.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24053&hl=

My advice would be that she not leave the interview room until she thoroughly understands the reason(s) for the blue slip.

Ask questions of the VO who gives the blue slip before leaving the window.

Sit and read through the blue slip very carefully. Think about it.

Then go to Window 30 and either ask questions or tell the VO there what she thinks the blue slip requires and get verification.

You want to make an accurate and complete reponse.

My advice would be that she not leave the interview room until she thoroughly understands the reason(s) for the blue slip.

Then go to Window 30 and either ask questions or tell the VO there what she thinks the blue slip requires and get verification.

Since I will be providing every possible piece of information and evidence I can think of, may my Fang have time to look for something that the VO asks of her or if he blue-slips and she thinks she has it, will they give her a few minutes to look through her "kitchen sink"?

Since I will be providing every possible piece of information and evidence I can think of, may my Fang have time to look for something that the VO asks of her or if he blue-slips and she thinks she has it, will they give her a few minutes to look through her "kitchen sink"?

The only one who could truly answer your question are the ones who have been through it. Hopefully someone will answer it for you.

Your second question is hyothetical. The best you'll get there are hypothetical answers which I can give you and I will say, No; the VO won't give her any time. The decision is made and that's it. But who knows? Maybe the VO will but it's highly unlikely.

The best anyone can do is to prepare well and hope for a successful outcome which in most cases it is.

If not, then go to "plan B!".

Don't bother the VO. They will tell you to follow the instructions on the blule slip. They don't explain themselves. Kitchen sink or not. We had it, didn't even bother to look even though she had all the information requested in her hands.

*IF* you get the blue slip, get the phonecard fast. But don't expect to get an overcome appointment for maybe a month. Best time to get appoints seems to be the last week of the month. So far that is what Guangzhou says, and has been the rule lately.

Don't bother the VO. They will tell you to follow the instructions on the blule slip. They don't explain themselves. Kitchen sink or not. We had it, didn't even bother to look even though she had all the information requested in her hands.

*IF* you get the blue slip, get the phonecard fast. But don't expect to get an overcome appointment for maybe a month. Best time to get appoints seems to be the last week of the month. So far that is what Guangzhou says, and has been the rule lately.

Thank you so much...everyone. I'm not even going to let my mind go there yet!

If the VO has his or her mind set on handing out the blue slip, it won't matter if you have a dump truck full of documents. The VO will refuse to see anything at that point.

Just go with the flow and gather the required documents and hope for an overcome appointment within a reasonable amount of time.

If the VO has his or her mind set on handing out the blue slip, it won't matter if you have a dump truck full of documents. The VO will refuse to see anything at that point.

Just go with the flow and gather the required documents and hope for an overcome appointment within a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you.

Could you explain the phone card comment.

I am no where near an interview, but I have seen other people refer to a phone card, and I would like to understand.

What is requirement or use for phone card?

Could you explain the phone card comment.

I am no where near an interview, but I have seen other people refer to a phone card, and I would like to understand.

What is requirement or use for phone card?

https://www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx

I think this is what he means. You have to pay for your minutes and to do that you have to have a PIN.

This is way sfter my time. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Am I correct in reading that I must have a credit card from a bank in China or an international credit card? Who in America has one of these? I did not see any credit card choice that looks familiar?

Am I correct in reading that I must have a credit card from a bank in China or an international credit card? Who in America has one of these? I did not see any credit card choice that looks familiar?

Such as Visa or MasterCard

usavisainformation.com.cn payment options include the use of international credit cards (Visa, Mastercard ) or China bank issued credit/debit cards. For full list of banks and supported cards and their supported location click here.

Select International Credit Card

Don't click where it says click here

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I used my Visa