Who is still ON-HOLD?

Guest richard_pc

Hi all,

I too am "on hold" since April 4th. I have received the form letter from the automated reply. I have tried to call GZ - no luck, written to my congressman, who is too busy to do anything (Adam Schiff of CA).

My question is which department does the namechecks? Is it FBI. I would not think so since their perview is domestic. CIA - I don't think they would do much, NSA? Which committee do I have to write to to complain.

Anyway, I should write some more letters of complaint to my senators and anyone else I can think of.

Richard

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearance completed 5-6-03, here is the timeline of my case:

11-16-02 1st submission

3-13-03 2nd submission

ON-HOLD was told 3-18-03

Cleared 5-6-03

Email received same day from GZ!

Fax from DOS received last week 5-14-03 notifying cleared!

I think in the past months, I made enough noise to be on one of their list...hopefully everything will go well from now on...

Good luck to everyone who's been on-hold!

I received an email today:

Assistant Secretary Maura Harty has asked us to respond to your e-mail of

May 12 requesting information about the immigrant visa application of Jie

Huang. Let me assure you that we fully understand that delays in visa

issuance are seriously complicating the lives of applicants and of those who

are waiting for their arrival.

Your wife's case is currently pending completion of required security-related vetting through an interagency clearance process. Changes to this process made in July 2002, together with communications problems,

computer issues, and vastly increased work volumes, have had the effect of

delaying many clearances.

We are working with the relevant agencies to complete all clearance

requests. We are also working with technical experts here in Washington in an attempt to find new ways to expedite the clearance process.

Unfortunately, Ms. Huang's clearance will not be processed as quickly as

most others are. A government agency has placed a hold on the process. We expect that a significant amount of time may be required before that agency resolves this issue and before we are able to resume work on this case. When her clearance process has concluded, the Consulate will notify her.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Cabral

Chief

Public Inquiries Division

Visa Services

Last week when I called DOS, the lady told me that they received my wife's case last November. Half year passed. I wonder when it will be finished.

I am sorry to read a reply like that filatelist.

It means your wife's case is on hold just like ours now. :angry: ;)

so when is your wife's interview?

Our case has been resubmitted 3 times but still now good news yet. just half a year again since my interview and we really dont know how long we have to suffer like this still :angry: