We will be leaving earlier than planned, we are getting more and more worried that things might get too crazy over here real soon. Anyway we will be leaving May 6 from Shanghai going to Memphis, Tennessee. Our POE will be San Francisco and we will only have about 2 hours to make the connecting flight. If anyone has advice for us on how to make it through faster or just your experiences with San Fran airport they would be appreciated. I have been through there a time or two in the last 3 years but don't remember much about it, and have never had to deal with immigration either. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Glad to hear you are headed home before things get too stupid.

My experience with San Fran is that it can take awhile to get through even without the extra time you will spend. They have a lot of flights that all seem to arrive at the same time. Also, depending on which airline you are flying, it can be a LONG run from international to domestic. I flew United and it's all the way at the other end of the airport. Figure twenty minutes just for that.

My school has broken my contract many times and I had done nothing about it. I did nothing because I have seen people try and seen the results; bribed policemen, lies to officials, and friends on their side. So I just waited to see what would happen with our visa. She got it and then we packed up and moved in with her parents for a week to say goodbye to them and then I returned to the school gave them the key to my apartment and said goodbye. No problems because I did not give them time to cause any. As for the airfare I was smart and got all of that after Christmas Break just in case something like this happened. So I did technically break the contract, but they have many times before. Last thing that made up my mind for me was keeping some of my money on my last paycheck, I told them if they did this I would leave, I guess they just didn't believe me.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, not an uncommon experience in China.

I was just talking with one of the Liaoning Educational Authority people and had to explain to her that one reason they have so much trouble getting schools from the west to show an interest in cooperative agreements is because of Chinese schools in the past not adhering to contracts.