Chinese New Year (Spring Festival)

Well, if anyone is going to be in the Atlanta area, the "2007 Chinese New Year Spectacular" will be on Feb. 20. It is a big event at the civic center and there is a big gathering at the Chinese market. Here are a couple of links to browse through:

http://www.atlantaciviccenter.com/events/c...enewyear.htmURL

http://spectacular.ntdtv.com/2007/content/view/46/lang,/URL

If anyone is going, let me know and I'll try to catch up with you. :(

Jim

After spending the last two Spring Festivals with my wife in her hometown of Chendgu (we married during Spring Festival 2005, on Feb. 3rd), we're celebrating our first Spring Festival in the SF Bay Area after our return from her successful CR1 interview on November 12th of last year. We're both going to miss the celebrating with her family in Chengdu, but we'll make jiaozi for my brother and his family, eat lots of delicious traditional Spring Festival foods since we're lucky enough to have access to almost any food we would eat in China here in Berkeley, thanks to the large chinese population in our area. SF has a big parade every year (on which it typically rains :P ) and though Keke doesn't like Chinatown, we'll go in for the parade. We sent lots of cards to her family, and I've sent her an ecard telling her how happy I am to have her with me at last, and wishing us both the best Spring Festival together ever. Xin nian kuai le to all on CFL! :D

Edited by naogong (see edit history)

The most important thing is that I will finally be with my lovely wife again !!

I'll be in Guangzhou for valentines day hopefully we will be celebrating a successful interview then Chongqing for CNY

Hong Kong Market here in Houston was handing out pamphlets with a complete list of activities for CNY. I guess I'll have to wait until next year to spend CNY with my SO :(