surprised by english

We often remark on the cute accents and the hilarious chinglish... but how about when she uncorks some really good english line on you :blink:

I'm always like, where the hell did she learn that.. and it is usually from the 'Friends' series she watches over and over... She can act out complete scenes and do each character :D

Anyway.. the other day we're talking... she in her very soft and sweet, musical like voice.. after a few exchanges, she sweetly says, "this conversation is over", and turns away. :lol: (so my mind starts racing through 10 years of 'Friends'.. to figure out which episode that is from) ;)

We often remark on the cute accents and the hilarious chinglish... but how about when she uncorks some really good english line on you :blink:

I'm always like, where the hell did she learn that.. and it is usually from the 'Friends' series she watches over and over... She can act out complete scenes and do each character :D

Anyway.. the other day we're talking... she in her very soft and sweet, musical like voice.. after a few exchanges, she sweetly says, "this conversation is over", and turns away. :lol: (so my mind starts racing through 10 years of 'Friends'.. to figure out which episode that is from) ;)

LOL, David, that is funny. Was she holding a mop when she said it? ;)

Yes my fiancee loves Friends.

When I was there I went to the DVD shop and bought all 10 seasons of Friends as a gift to her. She loves it. She has watched all 10 seasons with Chinese subtitles and then again with me with English subtitles.

Sometimes I have to pause the DVD and explain an obscure George Michael and WHAM reference that Chandler made one time. "Wake me up before you Go Go!"

We often remark on the cute accents and the hilarious chinglish... but how about when she uncorks some really good english line on you :P

I'm always like, where the hell did she learn that.. and it is usually from the 'Friends' series she watches over and over... She can act out complete scenes and do each character :P

Anyway.. the other day we're talking... she in her very soft and sweet, musical like voice.. after a few exchanges, she sweetly says, "this conversation is over", and turns away. :huh: (so my mind starts racing through 10 years of 'Friends'.. to figure out which episode that is from) :D

:huh: Have you ever played the "Friends" drinking game? :D

Take a drink everytime someone on the show makes a obscure 80's cultural reference.

Most of those references you would only understand by having lived in America during the 80s as a teen or low 20 somethings.

I noticed that when I was in China on business. Some guy that never speaks english finally says something and it is perfect with no accent. Daughter has done this too after I am around for a week or so.

I get amazed at their vocabulary and how quick they learn.

Seen the Rush Hour movie... Jackie Chan doesn't speak at first and Chris Tucker thinks he cannot speak english.. till they get pulled over...

When I was in china on my last trip, I became friends with the doctor we went to many times.. he had been studying english for 10 years but could not barely speak it. He was so shy about trying that he stammered and stopped. At dinner, the last time I would see him, he broke the silence with a perfectly spoken english sentence... ;)

BTW: I tried using that line, 'this conversation is over'.. but she kept on talking :beer: :P :alldone:

We often remark on the cute accents and the hilarious chinglish... but how about when she uncorks some really good english line on you :P

I'm always like, where the hell did she learn that.. and it is usually from the 'Friends' series she watches over and over... She can act out complete scenes and do each character :P

Anyway.. the other day we're talking... she in her very soft and sweet, musical like voice.. after a few exchanges, she sweetly says, "this conversation is over", and turns away. ;) (so my mind starts racing through 10 years of 'Friends'.. to figure out which episode that is from) :)

Your comments are very funny and at the same time touch my heart so much !!

My favorite word to hear my sweetie say in English, is "personality" !! She says it in a soft way with almost a slight lisp to it. She always drives me crazy when she speaks and I hear her soft/darling voice !!! :) :) Wow ! Why did it take so many years on this Earth, to finally be truely in LOVE !!

That is truly funny. I just got off the phone with Yang Bo. I asked her if she wanted to keep her name after we get married or change to my last name. She paused and resonded with "whatever". Surprised me. :roller:

We often remark on the cute accents and the hilarious chinglish... but how about when she uncorks some really good english line on you :D

Anyway.. the other day we're talking... she in her very soft and sweet, musical like voice.. after a few exchanges, she sweetly says, "this conversation is over", and turns away. :roller: (so my mind starts racing through 10 years of 'Friends'.. to figure out which episode that is from) :o

Yes my fiancee loves Friends.

When I was there I went to the DVD shop and bought all 10 seasons of Friends as a gift to her. She loves it. She has watched all 10 seasons with Chinese subtitles and then again with me with English subtitles.

Sometimes I have to pause the DVD and explain an obscure George Michael and WHAM reference that Chandler made one time. "Wake me up before you Go Go!"

We often remark on the cute accents and the hilarious chinglish... but how about when she uncorks some really good english line on you B)

Anyway.. the other day we're talking... she in her very soft and sweet, musical like voice.. after a few exchanges, she sweetly says, "this conversation is over", and turns away. :D (so my mind starts racing through 10 years of 'Friends'.. to figure out which episode that is from) :D

We're driving down to Miami and suddenly she breaks the silences and starts laughing in the car.. I ask her what's up.. and she starts acting out a scene from friends again.. doing each persons part :D

I did have to explain to her one Chandlerian phrase.. when he was asked, "what do you do".. he replied, " I do do..." once she understand the scatological pun, it's all she could do from crying her eyes :D