Does your SO ever do this to you?

Does your SO ever start talking to you in Chinese intentionly, knowing you can't understand a word she/he is saying?

Mine does!!!

Now I have a comeback for her, "don't use that tone of jibberish with me" :lol:

at this stage in the relationship, she does it in an affectonate way... like calling me xian3 chan2 mao1 (small greedy cat) while I'm eating. She is from Beijing, and people there are given to injecting "nage" into their Mandarin quite frequently... since this sounds remarkably like a racial insult in English (at least with her Beijing accent), it is quite noticeable... my normal response is "nage blah, blah, blah"... she seems to like that :lol:

Edited by AmericanRooster (see edit history)
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my SO gets frustrated with me she starts speaking in Chinese to me. I'm sure I do not want to know what she is saying. :P Also, if she can not think of the English words, she will speak the words in Chinese. LOL, even though my Mandarin vocabulary is 25 words or less. :victory:

Does your SO ever start talking to you in Chinese intentionly, knowing you can't understand a word she/he is saying?

Mine does!!!

Now I have a comeback for her, "don't use that tone of jibberish with me" :lol:

You could try using :angry: :lol: :blahblah1:

I say to her... "brackah, brackah, brackah" (brackah is not a word that I know of) ;)

ok... she's half asleep, rolls over and starts talking in chinese... I wonder who she thinks is next to her :lol:

Maybe, she's calling out another man's name? :blink: :P

So you guys had to invent words like honey bunny, darling, sweetie, babe - good for anyhone you are with. :D

ok... she's half asleep, rolls over and starts talking in chinese... I wonder who she thinks is next to her :D

Maybe, she's calling out another man's name? :lol: :o

So you guys had to invent words like honey bunny, darling, sweetie, babe - good for anyhone you are with. :P

ahhh...

Eunice you figured me out. :blink:

only kidding

my little nicknames for SO are original from other ex's

it'd be bad karma if i called my wife the same name as my ex

• 3 weeks later...

:blink: :lol: :lol: :roller: :roller:

Wanting to impress the clients, he said "Fujifoo". The Japanese clients looked confused and said "No, you got the right hole."

I just say ºÃµÄÇØ°®µÄ (hao de qin ai de) = Chinese for "Yes, dear"

So you guys had to invent words like honey bunny, darling, sweetie, babe - good for anyhone you are with. :blink: