Question about the medical interview process

Tiger320

My fiancee was wondering about the medical interview in China. What exactly do they check at the medical interview? How long does it usually take? (not the waiting itself, but the actual exam) Also, any special requests for doctors (or maybe they already set them?) Like if you are female, do you get a female doctor and if you're male, vice versa? I think sometimes different hospital and even countries have different rules and procedures, and maybe do or do not allow such special requests?

What are your guys experiences? Thanks!

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)

My fiancee was wondering about the medical interview in China. What exactly do they check at the medical interview? How long does it usually take? (not the waiting itself, but the actual exam) Also, any special requests for doctors (or maybe they already set them?) Like if you are female, do you get a female doctor and if you're male, vice versa? I think sometimes different hospital and even countries have different rules and procedures, and maybe do or do not allow such special requests?

What are your guys experiences? Thanks!

Did you check the FAQ? Always a good idea to check the FAQ for any questions you have. 90% of the time, it's answered there.

Start with this link:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_P4_Final1.htm#Q1_16

Lance, from the link you posted above:

A.1.16.3

They suggest allowing 4 hours for the exam. You don't need advance appointment.

Is that true that you don't need to make an appointment? :blink:

A.1.16.3

When she gets her P4, GZ will enclose a list of approved hospitals for the exam, with the fee each hospital charges. I dont remember if they had the exam times or not on that paper, or if Jie had to call them, but in Shanghai People Hospital, we found out there were preset days/hours for the exam, no appt was necessary, she just shows up during those times. The actual exam took about an hour. I dont think there is a choice of male/female, but the exam doesnt get that personal anyway.

It was mostly blood draw, blood pressure, lung xray, and a long questionairre.

Tiger, here are two links from myself and my wife about the medical exam she took.

1) Medical exam: our experience in Shanghai-

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hanghai+peoples

2) Medical exam, Part 2: the 'envelope'-

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hanghai+peoples

I hope these are helpful! Ken

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

A.1.16.3

RLS, I believe there are 5-6 hospitals in China who are certified to do these medical exams. They may have their own policies regarding appointments. I'd suggest everyone's SO contact the specific hospital they intend to visit and confirm their policies regarding appointments or not.

A.1.16.3

RLS, I believe there are 5-6 hospitals in China who are certified to do these medical exams. They may have their own policies regarding appointments. I'd suggest everyone's SO contact the specific hospital they intend to visit and confirm their policies regarding appointments or not.

Specific appointment times are not required at the two hospitals in Guangzhou, which is where RLS's SO will be going. She's from Nanning. You just go in the morning. As soon as you know the interview date, I'd make a reservation for her at one of the hotels in the Consulate building. Information on both is pinned in the GUZ Information forum. Either Mr. Yang or Mr.Xie can provide all the advice you'll need for getting through the medical as well as double-checking the paperwork before hand.

If she takes the train from Nanning, she'll have time to get to either of those hotels, check-in and get to either hospital the same morning, if needed.

A.1.16.3

Is that true that you don't need to make an appointment? :huh:

When she gets her P4, GZ will enclose a list of approved hospitals for the exam, with the fee each hospital charges. I dont remember if they had the exam times or not on that paper, or if Jie had to call them, but in Shanghai People Hospital, we found out there were preset days/hours for the exam, no appt was necessary, she just shows up during those times. The actual exam took about an hour. I dont think there is a choice of male/female, but the exam doesnt get that personal anyway.

It was mostly blood draw, blood pressure, lung xray, and a long questionairre.

Oh, no nakedness? Like the usual "physical"... Ahem... "Spread em" ? :P :rolleyes:

The exam Jen went to was in GZ. We got there in the morning 2 days before interview. The whole process was over in about 4 hours with Jen going to different doctors at stations for different parts of the exam. You pay the fee up front and can pay extra to expedite the results for next day. The will take your results and your interview paperwork and seal it for the interview.

If I had to do it again, I would have liked an extra day between exam and interview just to reduce stress a little but it can be done 48 hours before interview. We did and no real problems.

A.1.16.3

Is that true that you don't need to make an appointment? :huh:

Specific appointment times are not required at the two hospitals in Guangzhou, which is where RLS's SO will be going. She's from Nanning. You just go in the morning. As soon as you know the interview date, I'd make a reservation for her at one of the hotels in the Consulate building. Information on both is pinned in the GUZ Information forum. Either Mr. Yang or Mr.Xie can provide all the advice you'll need for getting through the medical as well as double-checking the paperwork before hand.

If she takes the train from Nanning, she'll have time to get to either of those hotels, check-in and get to either hospital the same morning, if needed.

Thanks, Duke

I plan on being there with her through this stressful ordeal. :)

Ah, so it seems different parts are split into different departments and doctors (I presume also)... which only seems to make it probably much more stressful and confusing. I originally thought it was with one doctor... Hmm, I wonder if the docs do the full (where you take off your clothes?) physical too.

We had ours done in GZ. 8 Dec. and from time she left to go and have

it done till the time she came back was about 3-4 hours.

One of the ladys from MR "whatz his name" in the consulate building went with her.

Then you go back and pick up the results the next day. That took about

2 hours as they are always busy. The waiting room was full of others getting

results done or either picking up the results

My wife told me they did make sure she was a real female...

or real male it you have a female USC SO.

Yes she did have to take her cloths off, and yes it was a lady that checked her body.

Now if they made her "SPREAD EM" I'm not sure.

She said they did write down the location and put in her file all marks on her body

like birth marks, molds, scares, tattoos, and thats she was 100% female no aftermarket

or replacement parts was added to her body.

Bobby....

Concerning appointment times:

In general, it's good to call ahead.. to confirm any conflicts with closing.

If you want to have expedited service (in some locations this is next day and in some same day), then you should call ahead and see if they want you to come via an appointment to assure the expedited processing.

Ah, so it seems different parts are split into different departments and doctors (I presume also)... which only seems to make it probably much more stressful and confusing. I originally thought it was with one doctor... Hmm, I wonder if the docs do the full (where you take off your clothes?) physical too.

We had ours done in GZ. 8 Dec. and from time she left to go and have

it done till the time she came back was about 3-4 hours.

One of the ladys from MR "whatz his name" in the consulate building went with her.

Then you go back and pick up the results the next day. That took about

2 hours as they are always busy. The waiting room was full of others getting

results done or either picking up the results

My wife told me they did make sure she was a real female...

or real male it you have a female USC SO.

Yes she did have to take her cloths off, and yes it was a lady that checked her body.

Now if they made her "SPREAD EM" I'm not sure.

She said they did write down the location and put in her file all marks on her body

like birth marks, molds, scares, tattoos, and thats she was 100% female no aftermarket

or replacement parts was added to her body.

Bobby....

My wife told me too that she had to take off all of her clothes. But she had a male doctor do the exam. She DID NOT have to "SPREAD 'EM" however he did a quick breast exam. She said it was very quick. To say the least I wasn't very happy to hear about this. Also there was no one else in the room. My wife assured me that it was very quick and no harm was done. Things in China are not the same as in the USA.

My wife told me too that she had to take off all of her clothes. But she had a male doctor do the exam. She DID NOT have to "SPREAD 'EM" however he did a quick breast exam. She said it was very quick. To say the least I wasn't very happy to hear about this. Also there was no one else in the room. My wife assured me that it was very quick and no harm was done. Things in China are not the same as in the USA.

Oh I see. How so are things in China diff. in USA?

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)