DOS said is cleared

Guest cathy

Guest cathy

Finally I called DOS info line and the lady said my case is cleared.

I was interviewed on aug. 23rd. maybe i will get a letter from GZ in a couple of weeks, I hope. :(

Guest cathy
EMS for black hole folks are being sent pretty quickly, by GZ standards. Did you get a date that it was sent to GZ? It seems like a two week wait between GZ receiving the clearance and the EMS. Good Luck.

the lady said is cabled on 4/11. she said i was the first one to tell a good news :(

Guest cathy
Cathy,

Ours was cabled on the 28th of March and Yin got her EMS on April 8th.

Jim

Jim, thanks for the info. that is only 11 days. do you need to call GZ or just wait there?

Guest cathy
Great news,

So glad to hear that another couple is out of the Black Hole, your long wait is about over.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis, IN

thanks every one for your support. I got the EMS and going to GZ on the 15th. but GZ is hosting the trade show and all the hotels are charging huge amounts :lol: and airfares are more also. and GZ wants the difference for the visa fees. they messed up and they shouldn't charge us for the fee increase. this delay cost us too much. anyway, enough complains. i should be happy. thanks again.

Great news,

So glad to hear that another couple is out of the Black Hole, your long wait is about over.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis, IN

thanks every one for your support. I got the EMS and going to GZ on the 15th. but GZ is hosting the trade show and all the hotels are charging huge amounts :lol: and airfares are more also. and GZ wants the difference for the visa fees. they messed up and they shouldn't charge us for the fee increase. this delay cost us too much. anyway, enough complains. i should be happy. thanks again.

Sorry that you have to go to GZ during the trade show. I am surprised to hear that hotels are trying to overcharge people since so many countries are warning people not to go China because of SARS. It happened to me too during the China Fair in Oct 2001. I had to pay $105 USD for a dirty room at an old hotel.

Have you considered booking a room in Kaiping or some other city perhaps 1 to 2 hours from GZ by bus. Not sure how far Taishan would be (a smaller fishing village would be.)

The cities are often nicer, less crowded, more interesting and much less expensive during the trade shows.

Amazing... many of these trade shows are cancelling, but the rooms are not being discounted. Different mind set.

Just something to consider?

bob

I don't know, but based on experience here, I am speculating. Those hotel rooms were booked long ago and it is entirely possible that the hotels are refusing to refund the room charges. Therefore they are technically still booked solid. Also, you are right, there is a different mind-set. For instance in the US it is usually considerably cheaper to book transportation well in advance. Not so here. Usually, you can only buy tickets for transportation a few days before-hand.

Great news,

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis, IN

thanks every one for your support. I got the EMS and going to GZ on the 15th. but GZ is hosting the trade show and all the hotels are charging huge amounts ;) and airfares are more also. and GZ wants the difference for the visa fees. they messed up and they shouldn't charge us for the fee increase. this delay cost us too much. anyway, enough complains. i should be happy. thanks again.

Try the web www.v222.com,there are the hotels from **star to*****star,I booked hotel for my fiance through that web.every time before he came to visist me. Compare with other hotel booking web,the rate for same hotels are cheapest,from what I know.