The Chinese Prejudicial Chef Strikes AGAIN!

What a wonderful and hilarious story. It reminds me of a dinner with Ling's family in Shenyang. Her younger sister walked very far to get a very special "best" smoked duck for the wai guo ren.

The duck was very delicious!!! At one point I was explaining to the family how good it was but that in America, people don't like their food looking at them (of course the head was still on at this point). Well, ever pragmatic Ling simply reached forward, took hold of the duck's bill and gave a quick twist and snap. Then she proceeded to shove the head under the remains of the carcass. Next she announced. "Duck can no see now." We all then had one big laugh! My stomach still hurts thinking about it.

• 11 months later...

" Lets bring this back of the newer folks "

For many of these guys have no ideal how there everyday life

is bout to change,

"Some for better, Some for worst"

Merry Christmas Dave, and thanks for the great times

My wife Yin has struck again. Of course, it would be in this particular discipline or area of expertise. To refresh members of where this discourse starts, refer to the link here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=12455&hl=

To be honest, my wife is truly an excellent cook. She makes every dish from her native Sichuan province imaginable. At the risk of sounding insulting to some members, she turns her nose up with disdain at other Chinese regional cooking. I personally enjoy all of the five major cooking styles of China and always want to try every one of them, when I¡¯m in China. My wife¡¯s words as best as I can remember them with a bit of paraphrasing; ¡°They are not ¡°real" Chinese and DO NOT know how to cook! Sichuan people are the best at cooking!¡±

Now readers understand where the title of ¡°Prejudiced Chinese Cooking¡± originates. This original setting was approximately 2 years ago in the city of Chengdu. Let¡¯s us fast-forward to today!

Lately my wife Yin has been complaining about the taste of foods that she obtains in America. Most especially, the pork and chicken. She smells them prior to cooking of the meat and will turn her nose up at them. She concisely and clearly states that they ¡°Don¡¯t smell right, and are not butchered and dressed in Chinese style!¡±

Obviously, I am just a poor dumb Laowei with only 270~ years of culture behind me. Her culture has 5,000 years, (which I think that she delightedly and gleefully, emphasis on the gleefully) informs me of all the time. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction, available to any Chinese woman, to establish their premise in any disagreement.

As of late, we are more or less forced to do all of our shopping in Oklahoma City. This locale is NOT the Mecca of Chinese culture needless to say! Shopping for foodstuffs is a clever combination of other Asian culture (e.g. Vietnamese, Thai) grocery stores, attending open flea markets, and a variety of American stores.

This more or less sets the stage of the following observations and saga.

We stop by a Vietnamese grocery store, which specializes in foodstuffs for both Chinese and Vietnamese shoppers. We have an extensive shopping list and this is first stop of the day. The conversation at the meat counter: The players: Yin, one very confused and unsuspecting Mexican clerk (here after referred to as CM) and myself.

Alice: ¡°Langon (while standing at meat counter) we do not buy pork." I just want free range chicken!¡±

Dave: ¡°What is a free-range chicken?¡±

Alice: ¡°Sagwah! This is chicken that walks around and has good exercise with legs and eats very good to eat. They taste very good!¡±

Dave: ¡°Exercise does this?¡±

Alice: Yes! (She waves at CM to come over for service)

CM: ¡°May I help you?¡±

Alice: ¡°I want to buy two free-range chickens!¡±

CM: What?

Alice: (speaking slower) ¡°I want to buy two free-range chickens!¡±

CM: I don¡¯t understand you! What do you want?

Alice: (speaking very slowly and enunciating every word) ¡°I¡­want¡­to¡­buy¡­two¡­free-range¡­ chickens!¡±

CM: What is a free-range chicken?

Alice: It is a chicken that walks around.

CM: (Looking a bit confused) ¡°Ma¡¯am¡± all chickens walk around!

Alice: (becoming a bit exasperated) I know they do! But I want one that walks around wherever they want to.¡±

CM: (quickly approaching the point of mental overload looks at me for help!) ¡°Senor, what does she mean by this free range chicken?¡±

Dave: ¡°Don¡¯t look at me!¡± I asked and I was called a Sagwah! I know that she wants a chicken to make soup. I know that every times she does this soup it still has the head and feet on it.¡±

CM: (immediately brightening) ¡°I know what she wants now, senor!¡±

CM: ¡°Please come here ma¡¯am.¡± Here is your chicken you wanted.¡± (He proudly holds one up that has recently come from the freezer. Crisis has been averted!)

Alice: ¡°It is frozen!¡±

CM: "We have too. It is health Dept rules."

Alice: ¡°Stupid rules!¡±

CM: ¡°I know but it is law!¡±

Alice: ¡°This is man chicken!¡±

CM and Dave: ¡°What?¡±

Alice: ¡°It is man chicken!¡±

Dave: ¡°A chicken is a chicken, what does a rooster or man chicken have to with anything?¡±

Alice: ¡°Man chicken is very bad and doesn¡¯t taste good!¡±

Dave: ¡°Why?¡±

Alice: ¡°Man is a man!¡± Same as man-chicken. They walk around and party, drink and do not do anything. They do not taste good, are too tough!¡±

Dave: ¡°Never mind! Just buy the damn chicken!¡±

Alice: "But Langoun, it is a man chicken! It won¡¯t taste good."

Dave: "I don¡¯t care if it is a man chicken, a woman chicken or a hermaphrodite chicken. We don¡¯t have a choice do we? Besides, a man chicken is called a rooster. A woman chicken is called a hen. OK?¡±

Alice: ¡°No I guess not! But soup will not taste good, because it is a man chicken! Are you sure these are the right words for calling chickens?"

Dave: Yes, Yin! I¡¯m pretty sure of the English language. OK?"

Alice: "OK I trust you. It is still a rooster, not a hen. Very bad taste. We Chinese people know. We have, 5,000 years of culture.¡±

Dave: "Darling, I love you and your cooking. I will somehow eat the soup! OK?"

Alice: "Are you sure Langoun? It will taste bad you know."

Dave: "Yes Darling, I¡¯m very sure!"

Shortly thereafter, we departed the store with our groceries and Yin¡¯s ¡°man-chickens.¡± That night she prepared Sichuan style chicken soup with one of the man chickens. The one thing that bothers me is to open the pot up and see a chicken¡¯s head sticking up and looking at me. I usually keep my piece about her cooking. However, I asked why she cooked the chicken with the head on. She has stated that it is for flavor.

I don¡¯t know about the rest of you in this forum. I think most American¡¯s would have a great deal of trepidation in seeing KFC, Church¡¯s or Pioneer Chick outlets, sell fried chicken heads, so the product has a distinctive flavor. This sounds like the original source of another urban myth. I wonder if this myth will make it¡¯s way to the Discovery Channel for the ¡°Mythbuster¡¯s¡± program. This is one show that, I do NOT want to miss! LOL

On with the saga. We ate the chicken soup over the course of the next few weeks. Needless to say, it was very good. However, there were many times when Yin would remark that the soup would be much better if she had a live chicken and cut Chinese way. I didn¡¯t have a clue of the following:

One: Where to get a live chicken?

Two: How to kill the chicken in a condominium complex, without violating some rule or another.

Three: Who got to do the killing? Mainly because I know that my wife is a ¡°city slicker¡± and the closest that she came to a farm was when she was employed at the PRC Agriculture Bureau, looking at rice paddies and aphids.

However, love is love. I began inquiring of people, where I could purchase live chickens. I got some seriously weird looks from people. When they asked why, I would explain the desire for live chickens. They looked like the poor clerk (CM) I spoke of earlier. Many of them were smirking, as I would leave their company. Twice, I imagined that I laughter! (Probably, just my imagination!) I suppose that it good to bring some levity into people¡¯s lives though.

I will now set up the next scene for you. Yin and I frequently volunteer at the city animal shelter. I¡¯m the son of a veterinarian and have loved animals all of my life. Yin at first wasn¡¯t too sure about the shelter, since she didn¡¯t have many pets or association with animals (besides rice aphids in her previous employers care). However, she took to it like a champ and began exercising some of the dogs, cats etc. I will point out that the shelter gets a myriad of animals, from raccoons and coatimundis and goes all the way to kittens and dogs. The point; the shelter also has chickens which have either been maltreated or use in cockfights. They are restored to health and later returned to the farm, adoptive home, etc. This is when Yin¡¯s eyes lit up with a new novel and original idea.

CHICKENS! In fact LIVE chickens! We now go to the animal shelter:

Alice: "Langoun, I want to adopt chickens!¡±

Dave: (me thinking quickly, Uh-oh! Something is up!) ¡°Why?¡±

Alice: ¡°They need good home right?"

Dave: ¡°I suppose so! Why chickens? Get a dog or cat if you want¡±

Alice: "But Langoun, I want to adopt some chickens!" I don¡¯t want another dog!"

Dave: "Darling, we can¡¯t have a chicken in a condo! First our home is in city limits, which means no farm animals.

In the second place I don¡¯t even know what the condo rules are for chickens.

Third, how would you feed them?"

Alice: ¡°We don¡¯t need to feed them, Langoun!¡±

Dave: (This gentlemen is where men need to have SAW. * Military term meaning situational awareness. I could see the gleam in wife¡¯s eyes. Suddenly, harsh reality set in! ) ¡°No Yin! You are not going to adopt chicken from the shelter, take them home with you and provide a pot for them to live in! Are you crazy, or what?¡±

Alice: ¡°It¡¯s OK I think. No one is adopting them. They have been here three weeks. I am helping Oklahoma. I¡¯m a very good Chinese woman.¡±

Dave: "Darling, I love you! But do you want me to get arrested? The Oklahoma Police Dept would be pissed that I am killing chicken in our yard, with kids running all over the place. The animal shelter people will personally hang me up by my thumbs! Are you kidding? YOU ARE CRAZY!"

Alice: "Then I can¡¯t adopt chickens, Langoun?"

Dave: "Not for eating them! NO!"

Alice: "If you say so, Langoun we won¡¯t adopt them."

Dave: "Thanks honey!"

Alice: ¡°But, I still want live chicken for soup! You find for me, OK?"

Dave: (sighhhhhh) "I¡¯ll try darling."

I finally found her chicken at a flea market near Oklahoma City. Went there and purchased three of them. Yes they were alive! I¡¯m thinking that my wife will get off my butt for a while. To the readers remember when I sliced my own thumb in a previous post? To me I cut myself. To my wife, she swore that police and paramedics should have been called. My wife is deathly afraid of blood.

Yep! You guessed it! I ¡®m selected as the executioner of the chicken! Better half wanted to do in a tree in the front yard. Why and how is that some Chinese women, don¡¯t look out of the window and see about 10 to 15 kids playing in the yard. This site alone should be a clue to even the slowest idiot!

However, I bound their feet, performed the task very quickly and mercifully! Gave the chickens to Yin, who was tasked for dressing the carcasses. Finally! I¡¯m thinking the end has arrived!

Later, that night wife proudly set the table with her ¡°Chengdu potted chicken.¡± Albeit with the head and feet still attached and strewed also (for that ¡°particular¡±) Sichuan taste.

It was obvious in her eyes that this was a meal meant for Chinese past memorable Chinese emperors of the Tang, Ming, and Song dynasties. And now for the reign of Emperor David, in Oklahoma City! I see the pride in her eyes at her culinary creation. I have now set the stage for the final segment. We began eating and the conversation approximately was as follows.

Alice: ¡°Langoun, how does hen chicken taste?¡±

Dave: ¡°Darling, it is delicious.¡± (I was saying this, as the omnipresent and baleful eye of the chicken head stared at me from the plate. Can a dead cooked chicken still be pissed off at me?)

Alice: ¡°David I told you female chicken is the best. We Chinese people know this. Wal Mart and American people don¡¯t know!¡±

Dave: ¡°Yes, you are right again darling. Chinese people know what is better!¡± (I have learned to pick my battles carefully!) Thanks honey, for the delicious food¡±!

I¡¯m thinking that the battle has been won. Yin has her chicken. Now my life can return to normal again!

Alice: ¡°Darling there is something else though¡­¡±

Dave: ¡°What is it Lampo?¡±

Alice: ¡°American pork tastes funny too. I think American¡¯s do not now how to make pork properly? Can you find Chinese style pork for me?¡±

My closing thoughts are CRAP! What Frankenstein have I created? Is it my imagination, or do I hear the same people I talked to previously, laughing again at me?

Well! I did marry her for better or worse! I wonder what the condo rules are regarding pigs?

The Sichuan Chef and her kitchen slave will now fade to black! Take care all and Merry Christmas. Both of give to you our sincerest regards for continued prosperity, fortunes and continued health to your families and yourselves. .

Dave

P.S. Yin thanks for all the material you give to me. Thank you for your making my life never to be boring, ever again. I love you.

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

Wow. Now I guess I can be grateful that my lady really does not know how to cook. heh.

My wife Yin has struck again. Of course, it would be in this particular discipline or area of expertise. To refresh members of where this discourse starts, refer to the link here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=12455&hl=

To be honest, my wife is truly an excellent cook. She makes every dish from her native Sichuan province imaginable. At the risk of sounding insulting to some members, she turns her nose up with disdain at other Chinese regional cooking. I personally enjoy all of the five major cooking styles of China and always want to try every one of them, when I¡¯m in China. My wife¡¯s words as best as I can remember them with a bit of paraphrasing; ¡°They are not ¡°real" Chinese and DO NOT know how to cook! Sichuan people are the best at cooking!¡±

Now readers understand where the title of ¡°Prejudiced Chinese Cooking¡± originates. This original setting was approximately 2 years ago in the city of Chengdu. Let¡¯s us fast-forward to today!

Lately my wife Yin has been complaining about the taste of foods that she obtains in America. Most especially, the pork and chicken. She smells them prior to cooking of the meat and will turn her nose up at them. She concisely and clearly states that they ¡°Don¡¯t smell right, and are not butchered and dressed in Chinese style!¡±

Obviously, I am just a poor dumb Laowei with only 270~ years of culture behind me. Her culture has 5,000 years, (which I think that she delightedly and gleefully, emphasis on the gleefully) informs me of all the time. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction, available to any Chinese woman, to establish their premise in any disagreement.

As of late, we are more or less forced to do all of our shopping in Oklahoma City. This locale is NOT the Mecca of Chinese culture needless to say! Shopping for foodstuffs is a clever combination of other Asian culture (e.g. Vietnamese, Thai) grocery stores, attending open flea markets, and a variety of American stores.

This more or less sets the stage of the following observations and saga.

We stop by a Vietnamese grocery store, which specializes in foodstuffs for both Chinese and Vietnamese shoppers. We have an extensive shopping list and this is first stop of the day. The conversation at the meat counter: The players: Yin, one very confused and unsuspecting Mexican clerk (here after referred to as CM) and myself.

Alice: ¡°Langon (while standing at meat counter) we do not buy pork." I just want free range chicken!¡±

Dave: ¡°What is a free-range chicken?¡±

Alice: ¡°Sagwah! This is chicken that walks around and has good exercise with legs and eats very good to eat. They taste very good!¡±

Dave: ¡°Exercise does this?¡±

Alice: Yes! (She waves at CM to come over for service)

CM: ¡°May I help you?¡±

Alice: ¡°I want to buy two free-range chickens!¡±

CM: What?

Alice: (speaking slower) ¡°I want to buy two free-range chickens!¡±

CM: I don¡¯t understand you! What do you want?

Alice: (speaking very slowly and enunciating every word) ¡°I¡­want¡­to¡­buy¡­two¡­free-range¡­ chickens!¡±

CM: What is a free-range chicken?

Alice: It is a chicken that walks around.

CM: (Looking a bit confused) ¡°Ma¡¯am¡± all chickens walk around!

Alice: (becoming a bit exasperated) I know they do! But I want one that walks around wherever they want to.¡±

CM: (quickly approaching the point of mental overload looks at me for help!) ¡°Senor, what does she mean by this free range chicken?¡±

Dave: ¡°Don¡¯t look at me!¡± I asked and I was called a Sagwah! I know that she wants a chicken to make soup. I know that every times she does this soup it still has the head and feet on it.¡±

CM: (immediately brightening) ¡°I know what she wants now, senor!¡±

CM: ¡°Please come here ma¡¯am.¡± Here is your chicken you wanted.¡± (He proudly holds one up that has recently come from the freezer. Crisis has been averted!)

Alice: ¡°It is frozen!¡±

CM: "We have too. It is health Dept rules."

Alice: ¡°Stupid rules!¡±

CM: ¡°I know but it is law!¡±

Alice: ¡°This is man chicken!¡±

CM and Dave: ¡°What?¡±

Alice: ¡°It is man chicken!¡±

Dave: ¡°A chicken is a chicken, what does a rooster or man chicken have to with anything?¡±

Alice: ¡°Man chicken is very bad and doesn¡¯t taste good!¡±

Dave: ¡°Why?¡±

Alice: ¡°Man is a man!¡± Same as man-chicken. They walk around and party, drink and do not do anything. They do not taste good, are too tough!¡±

Dave: ¡°Never mind! Just buy the damn chicken!¡±

Alice: "But Langoun, it is a man chicken! It won¡¯t taste good."

Dave: "I don¡¯t care if it is a man chicken, a woman chicken or a hermaphrodite chicken. We don¡¯t have a choice do we? Besides, a man chicken is called a rooster. A woman chicken is called a hen. OK?¡±

Alice: ¡°No I guess not! But soup will not taste good, because it is a man chicken! Are you sure these are the right words for calling chickens?"

Dave: Yes, Yin! I¡¯m pretty sure of the English language. OK?"

Alice: "OK I trust you. It is still a rooster, not a hen. Very bad taste. We Chinese people know. We have, 5,000 years of culture.¡±

Dave: "Darling, I love you and your cooking. I will somehow eat the soup! OK?"

Alice: "Are you sure Langoun? It will taste bad you know."

Dave: "Yes Darling, I¡¯m very sure!"

Shortly thereafter, we departed the store with our groceries and Yin¡¯s ¡°man-chickens.¡± That night she prepared Sichuan style chicken soup with one of the man chickens. The one thing that bothers me is to open the pot up and see a chicken¡¯s head sticking up and looking at me. I usually keep my piece about her cooking. However, I asked why she cooked the chicken with the head on. She has stated that it is for flavor.

I don¡¯t know about the rest of you in this forum. I think most American¡¯s would have a great deal of trepidation in seeing KFC, Church¡¯s or Pioneer Chick outlets, sell fried chicken heads, so the product has a distinctive flavor. This sounds like the original source of another urban myth. I wonder if this myth will make it¡¯s way to the Discovery Channel for the ¡°Mythbuster¡¯s¡± program. This is one show that, I do NOT want to miss! LOL

On with the saga. We ate the chicken soup over the course of the next few weeks. Needless to say, it was very good. However, there were many times when Yin would remark that the soup would be much better if she had a live chicken and cut Chinese way. I didn¡¯t have a clue of the following:

One: Where to get a live chicken?

Two: How to kill the chicken in a condominium complex, without violating some rule or another.

Three: Who got to do the killing? Mainly because I know that my wife is a ¡°city slicker¡± and the closest that she came to a farm was when she was employed at the PRC Agriculture Bureau, looking at rice paddies and aphids.

However, love is love. I began inquiring of people, where I could purchase live chickens. I got some seriously weird looks from people. When they asked why, I would explain the desire for live chickens. They looked like the poor clerk (CM) I spoke of earlier. Many of them were smirking, as I would leave their company. Twice, I imagined that I laughter! (Probably, just my imagination!) I suppose that it good to bring some levity into people¡¯s lives though.

I will now set up the next scene for you. Yin and I frequently volunteer at the city animal shelter. I¡¯m the son of a veterinarian and have loved animals all of my life. Yin at first wasn¡¯t too sure about the shelter, since she didn¡¯t have many pets or association with animals (besides rice aphids in her previous employers care). However, she took to it like a champ and began exercising some of the dogs, cats etc. I will point out that the shelter gets a myriad of animals, from raccoons and coatimundis and goes all the way to kittens and dogs. The point; the shelter also has chickens which have either been maltreated or use in cockfights. They are restored to health and later returned to the farm, adoptive home, etc. This is when Yin¡¯s eyes lit up with a new novel and original idea.

CHICKENS! In fact LIVE chickens! We now go to the animal shelter:

Alice: "Langoun, I want to adopt chickens!¡±

Dave: (me thinking quickly, Uh-oh! Something is up!) ¡°Why?¡±

Alice: ¡°They need good home right?"

Dave: ¡°I suppose so! Why chickens? Get a dog or cat if you want¡±

Alice: "But Langoun, I want to adopt some chickens!" I don¡¯t want another dog!"

Dave: "Darling, we can¡¯t have a chicken in a condo! First our home is in city limits, which means no farm animals.

In the second place I don¡¯t even know what the condo rules are for chickens.

Third, how would you feed them?"

Alice: ¡°We don¡¯t need to feed them, Langoun!¡±

Dave: (This gentlemen is where men need to have SAW. * Military term meaning situational awareness. I could see the gleam in wife¡¯s eyes. Suddenly, harsh reality set in! ) ¡°No Yin! You are not going to adopt chicken from the shelter, take them home with you and provide a pot for them to live in! Are you crazy, or what?¡±

Alice: ¡°It¡¯s OK I think. No one is adopting them. They have been here three weeks. I am helping Oklahoma. I¡¯m a very good Chinese woman.¡±

Dave: "Darling, I love you! But do you want me to get arrested? The Oklahoma Police Dept would be pissed that I am killing chicken in our yard, with kids running all over the place. The animal shelter people will personally hang me up by my thumbs! Are you kidding? YOU ARE CRAZY!"

Alice: "Then I can¡¯t adopt chickens, Langoun?"

Dave: "Not for eating them! NO!"

Alice: "If you say so, Langoun we won¡¯t adopt them."

Dave: "Thanks honey!"

Alice: ¡°But, I still want live chicken for soup! You find for me, OK?"

Dave: (sighhhhhh) "I¡¯ll try darling."

I finally found her chicken at a flea market near Oklahoma City. Went there and purchased three of them. Yes they were alive! I¡¯m thinking that my wife will get off my butt for a while. To the readers remember when I sliced my own thumb in a previous post? To me I cut myself. To my wife, she swore that police and paramedics should have been called. My wife is deathly afraid of blood.

Yep! You guessed it! I ¡®m selected as the executioner of the chicken! Better half wanted to do in a tree in the front yard. Why and how is that some Chinese women, don¡¯t look out of the window and see about 10 to 15 kids playing in the yard. This site alone should be a clue to even the slowest idiot!

However, I bound their feet, performed the task very quickly and mercifully! Gave the chickens to Yin, who was tasked for dressing the carcasses. Finally! I¡¯m thinking the end has arrived!

Later, that night wife proudly set the table with her ¡°Chengdu potted chicken.¡± Albeit with the head and feet still attached and strewed also (for that ¡°particular¡±) Sichuan taste.

It was obvious in her eyes that this was a meal meant for Chinese past memorable Chinese emperors of the Tang, Ming, and Song dynasties. And now for the reign of Emperor David, in Oklahoma City! I see the pride in her eyes at her culinary creation. I have now set the stage for the final segment. We began eating and the conversation approximately was as follows.

Alice: ¡°Langoun, how does hen chicken taste?¡±

Dave: ¡°Darling, it is delicious.¡± (I was saying this, as the omnipresent and baleful eye of the chicken head stared at me from the plate. Can a dead cooked chicken still be pissed off at me?)

Alice: ¡°David I told you female chicken is the best. We Chinese people know this. Wal Mart and American people don¡¯t know!¡±

Dave: ¡°Yes, you are right again darling. Chinese people know what is better!¡± (I have learned to pick my battles carefully!) Thanks honey, for the delicious food¡±!

I¡¯m thinking that the battle has been won. Yin has her chicken. Now my life can return to normal again!

Alice: ¡°Darling there is something else though¡­¡±

Dave: ¡°What is it Lampo?¡±

Alice: ¡°American pork tastes funny too. I think American¡¯s do not now how to make pork properly? Can you find Chinese style pork for me?¡±

My closing thoughts are CRAP! What Frankenstein have I created? Is it my imagination, or do I hear the same people I talked to previously, laughing again at me?

Well! I did marry her for better or worse! I wonder what the condo rules are regarding pigs?

The Sichuan Chef and her kitchen slave will now fade to black! Take care all and Merry Christmas. Both of give to you our sincerest regards for continued prosperity, fortunes and continued health to your families and yourselves. .

Dave

P.S. Yin thanks for all the material you give to me. Thank you for your making my life never to be boring, ever again. I love you.

:lol: :D :roller: :roller: :roller:

" Lets bring this back of the newer folks "

For many of these guys have no ideal how there everyday life

is bout to change,

"Some for better, Some for worst"

Merry Christmas Dave, and thanks for the great times

Thanks for bringing this thread back. Last year this time, I was too busy to read through the post. It is such a humorous post. I enjoyed sharing it with my husband. I miss the OP: Cerberus (Dave), too.

As for the above comments, my husband said that since I am a science background, I didn't know the 5000 year history, or know how to utilize the 5000 history to back me up in our disagreement. He is obviously proud of himself. :P

:P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the above comments, my husband said that since I am a science background, I didn't know the 5000 year history, or know how to utilize the 5000 history to back me up in our disagreement. He is obviously proud of himself. :P

For some reason I have no doubt that you have your own way to manage your husbands pride. :huh:

:lol: :D B) :D :roller:

For some reason I have no doubt that you have your own way to manage your husbands pride. :lol:

Simply a subdued wife. :(

:eyebrow: :greenblob: :mbounce: :harhar1: :victory:

As for the above comments, my husband said that since I am a science background, I didn't know the 5000 year history, or know how to utilize the 5000 history to back me up in our disagreement. He is obviously proud of himself. :worthy:

For some reason I have no doubt that you have your own way to manage your husbands pride. :happydance:

Simply a subdued wife. :redblob:

Joanne,

You gotta be kidding me. You a subdued wife....LOL! That's rich The day that a Chinese woman becomes that docile, is the day that the world needs to watch out. My wife says the same thing "Ohhhhhhh Honey....Chinese women are so docile and kindly wives."

My thought of this type of sneak attack.....> http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bs.gif

Yahhhhhh Chinese women are docile in appearance only. I may be big! I may be bad! I may be a man! However, she knows how to control me through Chinese metal mind control......> http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bonk.gif

Mop or pipe; a Chinese woman knows how to keep hubby in line

:( :headbang: :( :( :(

For some reason I have no doubt that you have your own way to manage your husbands pride. :headbang:

Simply a subdued wife. :P

Joanne,

You gotta be kidding me. You a subdued wife....LOL! That's rich The day that a Chinese woman becomes that docile, is the day that the world needs to watch out. My wife says the same thing "Ohhhhhhh Honey....Chinese women are so docile and kindly wives."

My thought of this type of sneak attack.....> http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bs.gif

Yahhhhhh Chinese women are docile in appearance only. I may be big! I may be bad! I may be a man! However, she knows how to control me through Chinese metal mind control......> http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bonk.gif

She has got only one weapon, that is: your love.

:lol: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller:

For some reason I have no doubt that you have your own way to manage your husbands pride. :rolleyes:

of about 500 years.... 1/10 the history means 10X the pride to most westerners :P

Acutally her hubby is a great guy... fluent in chinese and the most hospitable host I've ever meet... :)

:lol: :shutup2: :huh: :P :roller:

For some reason I have no doubt that you have your own way to manage your husbands pride. :mbounce:

Simply a subdued wife. :(

Joanne,

She has got only one weapon, that is: your love.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! She might hear you. That kind of rumor could be contagious! Do you realize what a weapon of mass destruction this is in a loving woman hands?

She might get ideas! God only knows what she can or how much it will cost me! My Honey-do jar is already overflowing, thank you very much!

:rotfl: