What a mind melt!

I have been to China and had as espousal type wedding ceremony, nothing of record, mostly to appease the family so that thye woud see that there was some validity to my intentions.

On some obviously ill concieved advise I was to told that it was easier to file for a fiancee visa than it was to try to get a spouse out of China so I went with it. My documentations was perfect, no problems but the Guangzhou US Consulate did not believe that we had a bona fide relationship so it was deined twice, once because of some paperwork and the second because of the relationship issue. Who are these clowns who decide the relationship issue?

My Congresswoman Thelma Drake was all to happy to help just days before this most recent election but just days after she's with this "WELL, that 's the way the cookie crumbles attitiude".

I have faxed an honest explanation for how I think I took the wrong advice and told the Consulate about the Wedding Ceremony but I think it was to little to late and that I will have to wait MONTHS until I get my paperwork back so that I can either file an appeal with USCIS and the NVC or have to start all over again.

What I don't get is that with all the hype put on illegal immigration just before an election year and how easy it is for a certain minority group who have easy access to our borders to sneak over here, buy fake ID, Green Cards, SS cards and then find an employeer that will pay them in cash AND not even bother with all this paperwork until the next election when candidates start yelling AMNESTY in order to get that illegal immigrant vote. Maybe I should have shipped my wife over here in a sea container and waited until the next election when the word AMNESTY popped up and then got her out and went down and applied for it.

This whole mess is B.S. folks. The woman who handles immigrations issues for my State Congresswoman Thelma Drake has a husband that she just got into the United States from POLAND. I bet you a nickle to a worn dime that she didn't have any problems!

Makes it hard for people who try to do things by the book.

Lucky for me I have a nice lady who is patient and that trust me. Keep up the good fight.

First and foremost, welcome to CFL! :ok:

There are a lot of members who are or have been in the same boat as you! I am personally blessed that our K1 went off smooth and with no hitches. But we all understand your frustrations!

I agree with the illegal immigration bit...I sometimes wonder why we all do this the legally, morally, and ethically correct way, while those who break our laws to come here have many in govt who just want to give them citizenship! Grrrrrr!

Nevertheless, you are in the best place to be during this maddening process......Candle for Love. Let me make a couple of suggestions so that we can help you better:

First, if you go to "My controls" at the top of your screen, and then to "Edit Signature" you can start building your timeline.....when you filed, what visa, etc etc etc and that will help us know your overall process and progress. If you can, tell us a bit about where she is from, how you met, and other tidbits about your relationship.

Secondly, post some details about her interviews, what questions were asked, how she answered, and also what the denials said. The more details you can give us, the better we can all help make this a better journey for you as well help you specifically when sh-t happens in the process.

You can also use the search function to find information, as well as check out the loaded FAQ section with many details about each visa, interviews, and so much more. You will be amazed at the amount of information you will find, as well as read about other members posts who experienced or are experiencing the same problems as you. CFL is a clearinghouse of information, as well as just a great place to spend time with friends while waiting for her visa!

You may also encourage your SO to join CFL....there are many other Chinese ladies in CFL that can give her friendship, encouragement, and support, and that should help make her journey better, as well as help strengthen your own relationship!

Welcome to CFL, good luck and Godspeed for the rest of your journey! ! ! ! :ok:

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

I am in your same shoes and I really feel your pain and frustrations. After my denial, I too went to China and got married. All I know is that we are in for a long ride. If you wish, you can PM me and we can share info together.

And YESSSSSSSSSS, welcome to CFL. CFL people are wonderful. I would have already lost my mind if it weren't for them.

Hi!

First welcome to CFL!

Second, a caution about that FAX you sent. In general you NEVER want to tell GUZ anything they did not ask for. Just turn around the blue slips as quickly as you can. Your fiancee should have detailed info on the denial, just focus on getting the materials together then call the Visa Information number to make an appointment to submit.

Also, you should remove that email address before the harvester bots get it since that is a MAJOR source of SPAM. All telephone numbers, email addys, etc. should be sent by a PM (Private Message).

-James

Edited by jemmyell (see edit history)

I am talking about a second denial on her end. They said there was not enough proof of a bonafide relationship. Hwo are they Match.COM all of a suddent?

My paper work completely stood on it's own merit and then some, it was a a serious relationship issue.

I'am going to get into this CFL like a previous post suggested and create my time line.

Thanx

A LOT

Well see this is where the mother of all mistakes was made. A guy I know in Phoenix married my wifes best friend in China but on his advice and on some other ill conceived advice my wife did not show the ceremony pictures to the Consulate because I was told that it would only throw a wrench in the works.

Now a second denial has been issued to her because of lack of proof of a bona fide relationship. I know I should have been there with her but I am in the Lomusine biz and this was just a monster busy time of year for us so it would have been a little hard to get away. Big mistake on my part. I had a lawyer in Guangzhou look at all my paperwork before the first interview and again at the seconf and all of my paperwork stood on it's own merit but now all of a sudden the Consulate has turned into MATCH.COM.

I am lucky that she insists on waiting and filing an appeal when the papers get back to the NVC.

SirLanceAlot;

This second denial letter came with no file number other than my GUZ #. It was given to my wifeand was printed in both English and Chineseand the ONLY reason fordenial stated that there was no no established prrof of a bona fide relationship. The letter also stated that all of the documention was going to be returned to the NVC.

The NVC has stated that they MIGHT grant me an appeal, MIGHT. They also stated that it may take several months before I am notified again.

I provided them them with everything I could think of. I had a haefty life insurance poicy on myself, a health insurance policy tat I was prepared to take out on her upon approval, tax records, proof of this, proof of that. Plane tickets, visa stamps, hotel reciepts copies of Western Union reciepts for where I sent her money forher trip to Guangzhou, her physical and reciepts for a hotel to stay. An inch and a half worth of E mail corrspondence, pictures, ah, you name it!

DID NOT show them pictures of the Espousal and thats my fault cause I took what I feel was some ill concieved advice. Advice from a friend, a lawyer and for what it's worth some advice from finding a sympathic ear at the USCIS(and you know you gotta be real sweet to them to get anything out of them) who also said (in a round about way) that a finacee visa was the way to go.

So it is my understanding that after the second denial there is NOTHING I can do until the paperwork gets back to the US NVC.

SirLanceAlot;

This second denial letter came with no file number other than my GUZ #. It was given to my wifeand was printed in both English and Chineseand the ONLY reason fordenial stated that there was no no established prrof of a bona fide relationship. The letter also stated that all of the documention was going to be returned to the NVC.

This sounds like a revocation. This is not good indeed. You will most likely need to consult with a competent immigration lawyer immediately. The standard advise given on here is to prevent GUZ from sending your file back to NVC/USCIS. You need to keep the petition at GUZ. You need to find yourself a lawyer in Guangzhou to keep the petition at GUZ.

There are more competent and knowledgeable posters on here than me who know much more about battling a revocation. I hope they will post and give you more guidance.

SirLanceAlot;

This sounds like a revocation. This is not good indeed. You will most likely need to consult with a competent immigration lawyer immediately. The standard advise given on here is to prevent GUZ from sending your file back to NVC/USCIS. You need to keep the petition at GUZ. You need to find yourself a lawyer in Guangzhou to keep the petition at GUZ.

There are more competent and knowledgeable posters on here than me who know much more about battling a revocation. I hope they will post and give you more guidance.

Yes, by all means do whatever you can to keep those papers in GUZ.

WOW, zxy4r, I really feel for you.

If I can ask some questions to the group.

Which is a safer way to go the K1 or K3?

I was told the K3 takes longer, is that true?

Is the issue with zxy4r application the timeline that things happened very fast?

Other then a short timeline, his progression seems like everyone elses or am I missing something?

I thought for a K1 fiance Visa you file the I 129F, what is the I 134? Again, I am a newbie here.

Edited by phantom1949 (see edit history)

I'm sorry to hear of the two denials.. and what sounds like the second one is a 'recommendation for revocation', with the case going back to DHS...

You have really only given us a little info so far, but frankly I see problems in your case.. I think your barking up the wrong tree with blaming anything on not showing ceremony pictures.. that's a non-issue, IMO.

On CFL, our general advice is to not show these types of pictures for K1.. and I cannot think of a case where this would of helped someone from a blue slip. Informal pictures, varied in time are better than formally, staged ones, IMO. Also, some of us don't advice for K1s to show sending money to the fiancee... maybe this is not an issue, but I think this is best to not tell GUZ. (one possible strike I see on your case).

You appear to have gone to china and had a ceremony on the first trip (if this is true, a bigger strike). Also, you appear to not have made another trip since that first trip (a third strike IMO, particularly coupled with the appearance of a first trip / ceremony).

Why have a ceremony on a first trip and never visit again? IMO, to a VO, this could be fishy.

You said your documentation was perfect, yet the first denial was for something on documentation.. so something was up. Exactly and completely, what was on the first slip?

What's telling is they let it go to two denials; often if they suspect a relationship, the case is sometimes sent back on the first denial.. When a relationship is questioned, one must consider "third party" issues; this often creates denials when nothing else points to an obvious reason..also, this might explain why they have one chance to overcome it. One member had to go to the Citizen's Hour to talk to a VO to discover their was a "third party" issue on their case; this requires one to be in (or go to) GUZ after the first denial to look into it.

If lawyers were looking at your paperwork, they should know that a lawyer can get the revocated paperwork held up at the consulate and attempt a 'rebut'... so not sure why they didn't immediately recommend this... were the lawyers US accredited lawyers?

BTW: Anecdotal evidence at CFL (granted, a small set of data) suggests that K1s have the highest passing rate, over spousal visas... SO a K1 is more likely to pass and is faster. Most members are CFL also follow recommendations here and so are usually more informed about some "do's and don'ts".. and despite that, K1s are still more successful !!

So, the issue is within your case, IMO.. not advice given by others.

Most important, I'd want to know all the exact questions asked at the interview and her responses.. how did the greeting go, etc...

Well see this is where the mother of all mistakes was made. A guy I know in Phoenix married my wifes best friend in China but on his advice and on some other ill conceived advice my wife did not show the ceremony pictures to the Consulate because I was told that it would only throw a wrench in the works.

Now a second denial has been issued to her because of lack of proof of a bona fide relationship. I know I should have been there with her but I am in the Lomusine biz and this was just a monster busy time of year for us so it would have been a little hard to get away. Big mistake on my part. I had a lawyer in Guangzhou look at all my paperwork before the first interview and again at the seconf and all of my paperwork stood on it's own merit but now all of a sudden the Consulate has turned into MATCH.COM.

I am lucky that she insists on waiting and filing an appeal when the papers get back to the NVC.

Is you rejection paper blue? white? or green?

If blue, does it have 221g, on it or 212?

221g is denial with over come available

212, denial with no over come.

If it is white, it will go back to the usa.