worried about nothing

today I received my NOA 1 for the I-129F. Six days, 20 days from sending I-130. I was worried about my check, I guess they weren't. they cashed it! Maybe I signed it, I have been pretty diligent. I hope everything continues on this smooth path. Is it possible that things could start to speed up? Or does everything fall back to the averages sooner or later? Mike

today I received my NOA 1 for the I-129F. Six days, 20 days from sending I-130. I was worried about my check, I guess they weren't. they cashed it! Maybe I signed it, I have been pretty diligent. I hope everything continues on this smooth path. Is it possible that things could start to speed up? Or does everything fall back to the averages sooner or later? Mike

Glad to see things are going smoothly.

Anything is possible but don't plan on things speeding up. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If things move faster than planned, all the more better. :)

Is it possible that things could start to speed up? Or does everything fall back to the averages sooner or later? Mike

The consulate moved to a new location back in Aug '05 with more windows and interviews possible per day... times were faster (on the GUZ side of the track) from that point for about a year.. and then the IMBRA road bump set everything back.

This last few months is showing signs of being just about back to those pre-IMBRA times.

We were discussing in another thread with graphs the finding that maybe the consulate did some intentional 'work load' changes for 2006... it might be a real stretch to read that out of the data, but it's apparent that some changes occurred and how far reaching they are is really unknown. One would hope that they do seek to improve their processes, but that might not always mean faster times to us, just better work flow for them.

With VO turnover that does occur, we sometimes notice shifts in focus (questions at interviews), but again, this is not necessary a timeline impacted issue.

My guess is that the next few months should continue to show a reduction in times (GUZ side) and we'll see if any process changes push it below the pre-IMBRA period.

Well I hope it does for you but if you notice our timeline we are still waiting for the p-2 on the I-129 at this point I hope out I-130 goes through first...

Best of luck