I've done it now, step 2

I received my NOA 1 yesterday, 2 weeks, and I scrambled to complete the dates and insert the copy of the NOA. I got in the mail last night. I hope everything is in order. Hurry up and wait!

I sent the I-130 to Nebraska, I am in Illinois, they forwarded it to California? Is that the new place to send I-130?

It seems things are changing quickly now. Maybe they will speed up the process? wishfull thinking? Thanks for the help, I will be back for more help soon. Mike and Zhen

I may have forgotten to date the check, do you think that could be a problem? See questions already, Mike

I received my NOA 1 yesterday, 2 weeks, and I scrambled to complete the dates and insert the copy of the NOA. I got in the mail last night. I hope everything is in order. Hurry up and wait!

I sent the I-130 to Nebraska, I am in Illinois, they forwarded it to California? Is that the new place to send I-130?

It seems things are changing quickly now. Maybe they will speed up the process? wishfull thinking? Thanks for the help, I will be back for more help soon. Mike and Zhen

I may have forgotten to date the check, do you think that could be a problem? See questions already, Mike

I've added you to the timeline...

Sending to NSC is correct; they've been forwarding to CSC for over a year.

There might be a speed up since IMBRA submitted petitions.. but it's simply getting back to pre-IMBRA times.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I hope the fact no one has mentioned my check for the I-129F and the possible failure to enter the date doesn't mean bad news. I hope it means no problem.

when do I register for e-mail updates? Mike

The date is only a problem if it is too far in the past or in the future at all. Even then, dates on checks are generally not noticed until they get to the bank and sometimes not then. The absense of a date is of no consequence. Relax.

I hope the fact no one has mentioned my check for the I-129F and the possible failure to enter the date doesn't mean bad news. I hope it means no problem.

I didn't quite understand it the first time...

the check you wrote did not have any date on it?

I'd be surprised if they cashed it without a date.. how can a bank know if it's too old by their standards to cash (over 90 days since the signature)... but there's nothing you can do but wait for it's return or NOA1... (or check your bank to see if they cash it).

Mike,

Once you receive NOA1, you should be able to sign up for e-mail updates.

You just need the Receipt Number for your petition.

My status was always listed pending until two days before I got NOA2 in the mail.

Good luck on speedy approval.

The worse thing could happen about the check is they will give you an RFE for lack of funds. Return your check and ask you to date it. Like Duke said, it is amazing how often banks are cashing checks with incomplete information. My guess is it will go through as long as the amount is clear and it has your signature.

Michael

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

I'd be surprised if they cashed it without a date.. how can a bank know if it's too old by their standards to cash (over 90 days since the signature.

My bank doesn't seem to have this limitation. I have cashed checks and had mine cashed as far out as six months. It is legal transaction. I think they can't refuse it, unless on the check it states "Good for Ninety Days" and it's past the ninety days. Even then I had one check which was clearly two weeks outside the limit go through.

I'd be surprised if they cashed it without a date.. how can a bank know if it's too old by their standards to cash (over 90 days since the signature.

My bank doesn't seem to have this limitation. I have cashed checks and had mine cashed as far out as six months. It is legal transaction. I think they can't refuse it, unless on the check it states "Good for Ninety Days" and it's past the ninety days. Even then I had one check which was clearly two weeks outside the limit go through.

I'm not really questioning a hard limit, that was just an example; without a date, the limit has to be non-existent... or they might just have an issue about a non dated check (unacceptable).

Hi Mike....yet another Chicagoan?? I sincerely hope you are from the North side, (like me), and not the south side like some other guy who post on this site. :) I certainly do not want to mentioned his name as he is a very sensitive kind of guy...... :nonono: Anyway, don't sweat the check. The only thing that is extremely important is the written amount. I had a client who wrote me a $500.00 check. However, he wrote $50,000.00 in the script section. Bank officer said he was legally obligated to pay me $50,000 even though he wrote the numbers as $500.00. Bank said the script amount, payable to who, and sig is all that matters legally on a check. BTW, being a nice guy I had the client write me a new check. Famous football player down here in Tampa with a degree from a big ten university.....go figure..... :lol: