I have been looking at the I-864 form because it should be coming very soon and it asks for the A number, when will my SO get this number? Or do we already have one?

Thanks,

Rick

Look on the P2 form either from the I-130 or 1-129F that you filed, it shoyld be above the beneficiary's name.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

I have looked all over our P-2 and we have no number there...where it says benificiary it just has her name..

where ours has the notice type it says:

Approval notice

Section: Husband or wife of U.S.

citizen, 201(B) INA

I have been looking at the I-864 form because it should be coming very soon and it asks for the A number, when will my SO get this number? Or do we already have one?

Thanks,

Rick

Only K visa NOA2 forms show the A number. Rick only has NOA2 for his CR1. Unless you get your NOA2 on your K3 before you send the I-864, you will not yet have an A number. You can write "none".

:o why i dont have A number on my visa. I am IR1 visa, on my visa, there is only IV case number, registration number and passport number.

My wife also had an IR1 visa. She actually got her A number AFTER she entered the United States. No A number on NOA1, NOA2 or the Visa Stamp.

:o why i dont have A number on my visa. I am IR1 visa, on my visa, there is only IV case number, registration number and passport number.

My wife also had an IR1 visa. She actually got her A number AFTER she entered the United States. No A number on NOA1, NOA2 or the Visa Stamp.

How / where was it annotated?

The A number was sent/stated in a welcome letter shortly after her arrival.

I think I'm finally able to update the FAQ on this elusive issue of "A" number for the CR1 & IR1 ..could never figure them out.

Here is a recap as in the FAQ:

- For K1 and K3, the I-797, NOA2, will contain the ¡°A¡± number (Alien Registration Number)

- For K2 and K4, there is not an ¡°A¡± number assigned in the visa process since these are derivative status classifications.

- For CR1, the ¡°A¡± number should be on the visa.

- For IR1, the ¡°A¡± number will arrive as part of the welcome letter.

For children, I only have a note for K2 and K4.. anyone can comment on when they get it? Or when CR2, IR2 ?

I think I'm finally able to update the FAQ on this elusive issue of "A" number for the CR1 & IR1 ..could never figure them out.

- For K1 and K3, the I-797, NOA2, will contain the “A” number (Alien Registration Number)

- For K2 and K4, there is not an “A” number assigned in the visa process since these are derivative status classifications.

- For CR1, the “A” number should be on the visa.

- For IR1, the “A” number will arrive as part of the welcome letter.

For children, I only have a note for K2 and K4.. anyone can comment on when they get it? Or when CR2, IR2 ?

If you don't think this is too pedantic for the FAQ, any CR1 or IR1 visa petitioners who also petitioned for K3, will find the A number on the NOA2 for the K3. I know you've mentioned that but some might not make the connection. In many CR1 K3 cases, the A number is known before it is needed for the CR or IR I-864. In others it is not.

Edited by Duke (see edit history)

- For K1 and K3, the I-797, NOA2, will contain the “A” number (Alien Registration Number)

- For K2 and K4, there is not an “A” number assigned in the visa process since these are derivative status classifications.

- For CR1, the “A” number should be on the visa.

- For IR1, the “A” number will arrive as part of the welcome letter.

If you don't think this is too pedantic for the FAQ, any CR1 or IR1 visa petitioners who also petitioned for K3, will find the A number on the NOA2 for the K3. I know you've mentioned that but some might not make the connection. In many CR1 K3 cases, the A number is known before it is needed for the CR or IR I-864. In others it is not.

I've added in some comments on that..

and pedantically added a comment that a CR1 filing an I-130 alone will not have an "A" number to put in documents, UNLESS the alien spouse was previously issued an "A" number.. If anyone knows this to be incorrect, let me know.

Although this makes me wonder about a alien financee who previously was assigned an "A" number.. and if one should use that.. but what if they cannot find it..

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

- For K1 and K3, the I-797, NOA2, will contain the ¡°A¡± number (Alien Registration Number)

- For K2 and K4, there is not an ¡°A¡± number assigned in the visa process since these are derivative status classifications.

- For CR1, the ¡°A¡± number should be on the visa.

- For IR1, the ¡°A¡± number will arrive as part of the welcome letter.

I've added in some comments on that..

and pedantically added a comment that a CR1 filing an I-130 alone will not have an "A" number to put in documents, UNLESS the alien spouse was previously issued an "A" number.. If anyone knows this to be incorrect, let me know.

Although this makes me wonder about a alien financee who previously was assigned an "A" number.. and if one should use that.. but what if they cannot find it..

I wonder if a call to USCIS by the petitioner could yield the previously assigned A number.