SO is eligible for interview

Called DOS today. The lady told me that my file hasn't been opened , and name check was not started, but then she said that 'Your wife is eligible for interview. Say what?? I asked her how is that possible, the file was not on the embassy's computer and name check was not done. She said that sometimes the embassy makes 'provisions' to accommodate people that have been waiting for a long time, and in light of the recent delays and backlogs this is probably the case.

She said that my file was sent to the embassy in September and that is a long time.

Does anyone know what 'Eligible for interview' means? does that mean that we will get an interview date soon? Is it at all possible to not go through a name check?

Thanks

Called DOS today. The lady told me that my file hasn't been opened , and name check was not started, but then she said that 'Your wife is eligible for interview. Say what?? I asked her how is that possible, the file was not on the embassy's computer and name check was not done. She said that sometimes the embassy makes 'provisions' to accommodate people that have been waiting for a long time, and in light of the recent delays and backlogs this is probably the case.

She said that my file was sent to the embassy in September and that is a long time.

Does anyone know what 'Eligible for interview' means? does that mean that we will get an interview date soon? Is it at all possible to not go through a name check?

Thanks

My suggestion, call back again and talk with another agent. See if they say the same thing.

Ask specifically if your case file is in the LOADED or OPEN stage.

Thanks

My suggestion, call back again and talk with another agent. See if they say the same thing.

Ask specifically if your case file is in the LOADED or OPEN stage.

I just called and a different lady at DOS told me the same thing ' eligible for interview'. When I asked about the name check she said that GUZ usually requests another 'clearance'. She said that GUZ is the only embassy that does it.

I just called and a different lady at DOS told me the same thing ' eligible for interview'. When I asked about the name check she said that GUZ usually requests another 'clearance'. She said that GUZ is the only embassy that does it.

Ok, well at least you've verified with two agents that she's "eligible for interview". That's a good thing. Now you just wait a couple of weeks and see if indeed your SO receives the P3. If she does, then everything seems to be flowing for you very nicely.

Ok, well at least you've verified with two agents that she's "eligible for interview". That's a good thing. Now you just wait a couple of weeks and see if indeed your SO receives the P3. If she does, then everything seems to be flowing for you very nicely.

I called everyday to see if the story was the same. That was not always the case.

Being 'eligible' for the interview while a very good sign does not mean that all checks have been completed.

Lance, I am a CR1/2, so waiting for P4. That may take longer then K1. Yuan, yes you are right. This is what the second person at DOS told me. She said they will probably ask for another 'clearance' (her words). Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

Lance, I am a CR1/2, so waiting for P4. That may take longer then K1. Yuan, yes you are right. This is what the second person at DOS told me. She said they will probably ask for another 'clearance' (her words). Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

Congrats Stacato

The finish line is getting closer

Maybe santa is going to bring your wife a P4 and interview

date for Christmas. Then off to see the Wizzard after the New Year!

Wishing you the best

Bobby/Emma

based on very loose lipped use of this term by DOS in the past.. I had asked some time back USCONGUZ to clarify the meaning of "eligible for an interview"...

K cases and CR/IR cases are "eligible to be scheduled for interview" when:

- the petition is approved by the NVC

- the case file is received by the IV Unit

- the Packet 3 is sent, the necessary Packet 3 forms have been returned, and the data entered in the computer (in CR/IR cases, this usually occurs while at the NVC)

- the security name check process has been completed (in most K1 and K3 cases, this occurs at the NVC)

For numerically limited visa classifications, the Consulate must also wait until the petition's priority date becomes current.

I can only conclude that the loose lips of DOS are.. well... let loose again...

based on very loose lipped use of this term by DOS in the past.. I had asked some time back USCONGUZ to clarify the meaning of "eligible for an interview"...

K cases and CR/IR cases are "eligible to be scheduled for interview" when:

- the petition is approved by the NVC

- the case file is received by the IV Unit

- the Packet 3 is sent, the necessary Packet 3 forms have been returned, and the data entered in the computer (in CR/IR cases, this usually occurs while at the NVC)

- the security name check process has been completed (in most K1 and K3 cases, this occurs at the NVC)

For numerically limited visa classifications, the Consulate must also wait until the petition's priority date becomes current.

I can only conclude that the loose lips of DOS are.. well... let loose again...

Wow! SO gonna be thrilled to hear that tonight!! thanks for clearing that up David.

Stacato, When DOS told me our case was eligible for interview the name check was not complete also. About 2 weeks later DOS told me the name check was complete. About 2 weeks after name check complete they mailed the P4. The interview date was 7 weeks out from when the P4 was mailed. Your getting close get all your stuff ready... Good Luck

Hey, man, congratulations - you are getting closer and closer. I got the same DOS answer once, elligible for interview. It simply means that she is elligible for interview soon but she will not bypass any steps in light of the expected interview. The good news is you are moving and it looks like the direction of movement is FORWARD - and that's a good thing!!

Again, congratulations on your movement ....... :ph34r:

Wheel Man

Thanks

Thanks

The most helpful person I found at DOS was "BJ". I don't know what to make of this. "Opened" for K visas means they have the case file and could send the P3 any day. I don't know what "opened" or "eligible for interview" means for CR1. "Eligible for interview" in K visas means the P3 has been logged in as received and a P4 is pending. I'm not saying this is the case for your CR1, just providing a comparative datapoint. I suppose it's possible the namecheck generally initiated for CR1's after the file is received at GUZ....COULD....be complete but you indicate one hasn't been started. Perhaps this and other input will help you be prepared to ask the right questions on the next call. For what it's worth you already asked the ones I would have asked. Curious indeed. I hope you're in for a nice surprise.