Visitors visa from hong Kong

Hi, I think the main point about getting a visitor visa to the USA is to convince the Visa Officer that she will return to HK after the visit.

Well, some people have a very strong ties to HK, which means something like a stable job, a good income, a husband, a big house. Some people don't have the things listed above, then they will fall into the DENIAL GROUP.

Good luck to your wife's friend!

As a matter of fact, it all depends on the mood of the officer and how lucky the visa applicant is.

I want to add one more thing, if she is young and able to speak good English, the chance of getting a visitor visa is near ZERO.

But stay encouraged, nothing is impossible, buddy!

FREEASABIRD

Hi, I think the main point about getting a visitor visa to the USA is to convince the Visa Officer that she will return to HK after the visit.

Well, some people have a very strong ties to HK, which means something like a stable job, a good income, a husband, a big house. Some people don't have the things listed above, then they will fall into the DENIAL GROUP.

Good luck to your wife's friend!

As a matter of fact, it all depends on the mood of the officer and how lucky the visa applicant is.

I want to add one more thing, if she is young and able to speak good English, the chance of getting a visitor visa is near ZERO.

But stay encouraged, nothing is impossible, buddy!

FREEASABIRD

I understand the how's and whats to obtain a B2 visa. My question is, is it more doable when the principle lives in Hong Kong rather than mainland China? My wifes friend wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting a visitors visa if she lived on the mainland but is HK less restrictive??

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)

I understand the how's and whats to obtain a B2 visa. My question is, is it more doable when the principle lives in Hong Kong rather than mainland China? My wifes friend wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting a visitors visa if she lived on the mainland but is HK less restrictive??

Yes, HK applicants stand a better chance than the mainlander but it still goes back to how financially stable that person is in their home country. If the HK person is a pauper, then his or her visa will be denied. But in general, a HK applicant will stand a better chance than a mainlander.

Yes, HK applicants stand a better chance than the mainlander but it still goes back to how financially stable that person is in their home country. If the HK person is a pauper, then his or her visa will be denied. But in general, a HK applicant will stand a better chance than a mainlander.

Trigg,

I came on late. What Sir Lancelot previously stated, mirrored what a recent visiting Chinese (HK) colleague to our firm stated. The information that I have, is approximately 6 days old. I spent time talking to him about the changes between Hong Kong and mainland China, political climate, etc, etc.

I mentioned my wife about travel with green card etc. He told me that the same things that Sir Lancelot told you, almost word for word. The standards are just "slightly" lowered.

IMO, probably due to most affluent HK businessman want to return to their country due to money. However, this may be a generalization! I also didn¡¯t want to embarrass him by asking too many questions. Mainland China and Hong Kong is still a sensitive issue to some people.

I¡¯m sorry. Try not to shoot the messenger!

Dave

Ok, thanks guys. I think this answers wifey's questions. Her friend owns a home on the mainland and has a good job BUT--no kids, no hubby to come back to etc.. I'm 100% sure she would never get a B2 from mainland China and it sounds doubtful she will get an HK one either.

thanks

Trigg

Ok, thanks guys. I think this answers wifey's questions. Her friend owns a home on the mainland and has a good job BUT--no kids, no hubby to come back to etc.. I'm 100% sure she would never get a B2 from mainland China and it sounds doubtful she will get an HK one either.

thanks

Trigg

Trigg,

I wouldn't go this far. She has a better "shot" at then most. Kids are not a prime concern from what I have seen in China.

To pawn an old sage wise black friend once told me;

"Money talks and Bullshit walks!

You don't have money; you have bullshit!"

The odds are slim. However, due to the home she owns, money in the bank (I have never seen a Chinese man/woman not save money and /or "squirrel" money away for a rainy day!).

The odds are slim. However, I would probably give her three to one odds that she might be successful. LOL! You might want her to read my posts and become a polite "A-hole." Politeness ain't my strong suit!

Why not try it? What does she have to lose? She has far more material values then some I have seen looking for the same thing on this board! Most had far, far less!

All they can do is deny her! IMO, the Chinese government wants to see the perseverance of the applicant. Same as GUZ? Have her try a second time. Many times they have relented after the second try. I personally known of two times, that they have relented.

Best of luck to your wife, her friend and yourself.

Dave

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

Hi,

What passport does she hold? Probably HKSAR Passport? I would say yes, she stands a greater chance to get a visitor's visa to the US than people who live in Mainland China, providing that she has a job in HK - the visa application requires tax info. and employer's letter I think. I am from HK, I applied for visitor's visa successfully 9 years ago, when I was single, just graduated from college and without a job. In fact, none of my family nor friends ever had problems getting a visitor's visa to the US. Nope, we are not rich, just normal HKers. A more recent example is that a friend of mine, a young single girl, visited me in the Sates at the beginning of this year with a 10-year multi-entry visitor's visa. Of course there are exceptions, but you won't know unless you try.

Muffin