SARS and my fiancee

My name check is still on hold and my fiancee has to wait while this SARS epidemic rages. I am afraid that the DOS could delay this so long that she could get ill. Wisely, she stays away from crowded places, as if that is possible in China. But even a ride on an elevator could be dangerous. I hope not to lose my dream of a beautiful life to this disease.

I spoke to my relative (who is a vice principle at a high school) in HK last night and she said everyone wears masks now. Business is down because no one wants to shop or go out eating.

My friend wrote to me from Guangzhou this morning. She said "But here in Guangzhou is really not like in HK. I haven't seen people wore

mask for a long time. People went out for everything just like nothing

happen. I think the SARS being control in GZ. As you know.

HK people. UMM... Sometimes I think the people in HK are too "scare" to every BAD thing. "

I think the chance of getting SARS is still slim. Even if you get it, the survival rate is very high. Only the people who are old and already have health problems are at high risks. If you want to be careful, then wear a mask made by 3M (my relative told me).

A friend sent me this link today. I don't know if it works.

http://www.fbsclothing.com/pages/5/index.htm

Just received an email from one of my former students at the university in Shantou. According to her, there have been ten cases is Shantou and one death, a university student. She mentioned that the authorities are trying to keep a lid on the spread of information rather than the spread of the disease. This is a shame in my book. :wub:

Rfsun, I should think your fiancee should be ok if she takes precautions and avoids prolonged exposure in close or crowded quarters. It seems that this thing needs a degree of prolonged contact to be transmitted. However, I am no expert. Li and I have now been in America for ten days and are symptom free. :wub: