CFL Hainan

Roggie "Remember what the expert said"

Chinese don't buy other homes for retirement!!

So I guess if your born in the county side you live there forever and

die there.

So I guess its fair to say that the wifeys family is stupid for buyin other

homes/apartments/condos, dryer, and a flat screen, etc.

Also its fair to say Roggie you and I are stupid for buyin more than one place for retirement in China........

Do you think we should have ask the experts first?

We both know the day is coming that we will have to pay taxes on our over size apartment, condos... O well so be it

JMO

Bobby....

Hey Roggie and Bobby,

My SO bought her house a while back in China. She said she paid a sales tax but she doesn't have to pay any more tax forever on the home. Is it the same in Hainan???

Currently...there are NO real estate taxes on urban houses in China... :D

So coollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On our homes we have never paid any property taxes say like we do in the states only a small maintenance fee each month, or quarterly. "like for keeping the court yard clean stair ways, elevators, and to pay the guards out front, etc."

But the Chinese government has been trying to pass a law if your home is over size or bigger than normal they want you to pay a tax on it. I don't recall the normal size.

On our homes we have never paid any property taxes say like we do in the states only a small maintenance fee each month, or quarterly. "like for keeping the court yard clean stair ways, elevators, and to pay the guards out front, etc."

But the Chinese government has been trying to pass a law if your home is over size or bigger than normal they want you to pay a tax on it. I don't recall the normal size.

Perhaps they are considering a luxury tax for those who can afford it. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Perhaps they are considering a luxury tax for those who can afford it. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

My understanding is that it will be an additional tax when the house is purchased not an annual tax. As far as size goes the Chinese guumint considers anything over 90 m2 as "LUXURY"... :D

My understanding is that it will be an additional tax when the house is purchased not an annual tax. As far as size goes the Chinese guumint considers anything over 90 m2 as "LUXURY"... :blink:

Roggie thanks for refreshing my old brain..."i new a expert could set me straight"

even if you are from ChezWizConSin. I don't hold this against you.

That should make 101 post where expert was used....

I'm glad to see someone is counting them

Roggit we was told when we "wifey" signed the papers on our Condo

"Don't be to suprised that if one day the Chinese Gvt tax us for having a over size Condo."

No one knows for sure yet but, if they do.... so be it....

I'm sure you feel the same way as I'm sure it will be a small amount compared to the states

Roggie seems like it has been about 90 days has your USD in China rolled over yet?

Bobby....

Roggit and Bobbit , sorry to barge in on your very intimate conversation :D but I have a question for you 2. We bought an apartment in China last summer, and my mother in law will live there until we are older, then we will sell it and buy in another place. Should my wife NOT become a US citizen just for this purpose, or it doesn't matter? what are the implications if she does become a US citizen in the future in regards to retiring in China?

Awaiting impatiently for your 'expert' advice :blink:

Roggie seems like it has been about 90 days has your USD in China rolled over yet?

Bobby....

HMMMM...I don't seem to be following you on this comment Bobby... :blink: ???

We left NO U$D in China , converted every dime to RMB and put it in a 2 year account... :D

Roggit and Bobbit , sorry to barge in on your very intimate conversation :P but I have a question for you 2. We bought an apartment in China last summer, and my mother in law will live there until we are older, then we will sell it and buy in another place. Should my wife NOT become a US citizen just for this purpose, or it doesn't matter? what are the implications if she does become a US citizen in the future in regards to retiring in China?

Awaiting impatiently for your 'expert' advice :D

FROM AN EXPERT... :lol: Well you have an easy question and another which is a much larger can of worms. On the house thingie...only Chinese citizens can buy a house in China...of course if you have a trusted family member it can be in their name (nudge nudge wink wink)...that was one of the reasons we decided to buy now before laopo becomes a USC...On the question of retiring in China and differences between being a Chinese citizen or USC with all the other issues liike visas, etc, etc... :unsure: We've had other threads about that around here somewhere...I'm not very good at finding stuff like that except for GOATS VS SHEEPES so perhaps one of the OTHER EXPERTS could reference it for you... :)

THE EXPERT HAS SPOKEN... :smartass:

Roggit and Bobbit , sorry to barge in on your very intimate conversation :P but I have a question for you 2. We bought an apartment in China last summer, and my mother in law will live there until we are older, then we will sell it and buy in another place. Should my wife NOT become a US citizen just for this purpose, or it doesn't matter? what are the implications if she does become a US citizen in the future in regards to retiring in China?

FROM AN EXPERT... :) Well you have an easy question and another which is a much larger can of worms. On the house thingie...only Chinese citizens can buy a house in China...of course if you have a trusted family member it can be in their name (nudge nudge wink wink)...that was one of the reasons we decided to buy now before laopo becomes a USC...On the question of retiring in China and differences between being a Chinese citizen or USC with all the other issues liike visas, etc, etc... :unsure: We've had other threads about that around here somewhere...I'm not very good at finding stuff like that except for GOATS VS SHEEPES so perhaps one of the OTHER EXPERTS could reference it for you... :P

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17559

Here's one but it seems to be mostly joking around... :D Dang I don't know how that happened... :lol:

FROM AN EXPERT... :lol: Well you have an easy question and another which is a much larger can of worms. On the house thingie...only Chinese citizens can buy a house in China...of course if you have a trusted family member it can be in their name (nudge nudge wink wink)...that was one of the reasons we decided to buy now before laopo becomes a USC...On the question of retiring in China and differences between being a Chinese citizen or USC with all the other issues liike visas, etc, etc... :unsure: We've had other threads about that around here somewhere...I'm not very good at finding stuff like that except for GOATS VS SHEEPES so perhaps one of the OTHER EXPERTS could reference it for you... :)

Stacato

This is one of those "STRANGE" times I have to agree with Roggit.

I must be losing my mind agreeing with Roggie

Just get sis-in-law or bro-in-law to buy, a REAL TRUSTED person, etc.

Now if your paying cash for this place like Roggit did.... since he is loaded

"it can be in a Chinese citizens name and a USC name"

Stacato

This is one of those "STRANGE" times I have to agree with Roggit.

I must be losing my mind agreeing with Roggie

Just get sis-in-law or bro-in-law to buy, a REAL TRUSTED person, etc.

Now if your paying cash for this place like Roggit did.... since he is loaded

Thanks for your comments. So I take it that becoming a US citizen is important? OK then we'll apply for citizenship when the time comes.

Yea Roger's loaded he works for the gumnt don't he? :D

There are other considerations to retiring in China...........receiving Social Security Benefits may be a problem based upon the length of time out of the USA, especially for the wife after the husband has gone vertical.

Anyone know the rules?

"vertical"... :lol: I want to go out lying down NOT standing up... :unsure:

Anywho if you are both USC you can live outside the US FOREVER and nothing changes...your wife is eligible to receive benefits based on your work history and when you took SS benefits, even if she never worked...I "think" (meaning I don't

know what I'm talking about) :) that benefits would be the same for a wife who is a permanent resident of the US also AS LONG AS she fulfills the residency requirements here meaning living in the US at least 2 months in EVERY year... :smartass:

Hey Bobbit we've got problems right here in River City... :lol: I mean if us EXPERTS can't agree who are the troops going to go to for akurit advics... :lol:

Here's the issue...From what I know, and what wifey tells me I know, and what the real estate people in China told her...A USC's name CANNOT appear on the title...Only Chinese need apply...So as your thingie is in Quotes I am ass-u-me-ng that you got it from another EXPERT... :lol:

So what's the deal here??? Who's right??? Who's on first??? :lol:

Hey Bobbit we've got problems right here in River City... :lol: I mean if us EXPERTS can't agree who are the troops going to go to for akurit advics... :lol:

Here's the issue...From what I know, and what wifey tells me I know, and what the real estate people in China told her...A USC's name CANNOT appear on the title...Only Chinese need apply...So as your thingie is in Quotes I am ass-u-me-ng that you got it from another EXPERT... :lol:

So what's the deal here??? Who's right??? Who's on first??? :lol:

Roggit, when my wife tried to put my name on the property last July, they totally refused. Her name only on the property.