It's such bullshit that you have to pay for this service and then go through the 3-minute recorded spiel before you can enter your PIN, then put in queu, only to be interrupted by another recorded message that says all English-speaking operators are busy and try again later. WTF! I hace tried numerous times for the past three days and can't talk to a live human voice. I think I'm going to the store for beer and cheetos. This sucks!!!

It's such bullshit that you have to pay for this service and then go through the 3-minute recorded spiel before you can enter your PIN, then put in queu, only to be interrupted by another recorded message that says all English-speaking operators are busy and try again later. WTF! I hace tried numerous times for the past three days and can't talk to a live human voice. I think I'm going to the store for beer and cheetos. This sucks!!!

Try to call DOS. From looking at your time line I see that your file was sent to GUZ on 10/10. Well, it hasn't been picked up by the consulate yet. Lately it's been taking them around 10 weeks to pick it up from DHL.

I called DoS yesterday. Was told it has been sent from NVC but that GUZ has not received it yet. :roller:

You needn't call that Visa Information system in China. Just call DoS. If GUZ enters receipt of the case in their system, DoS will see it as well.

Okay, I just checked DHL tracking this morning. Instead of "Clearance Delay" it says -

"Please contact DHL"

What does that mean? :D

This means it's reached their internal limit. They will no longer update status each day. This happens when it gets close to 30 days after the shipment is sent.

The only other update you'll get is when the package is actually delivered.

They have put an end to the "back door" trick I used to use. And I thought things were tough back then! WoW!...with that PIN, I'm sure it is much more frustrating!

The "back door" was when you call the US consulate in GZ, you would get an operator. But, instead of asking for the IV unit, which was a dead end route most of the time, you would ask to be connected to L.D.'s office and usually you would get J.F.

Those were the days of talking to a "live" person which now are long gone.

*a puzzle*

Now, L.D.'s name is mentioned on candle several times. It's even a title to a thread. But, J.F.'s name is mentioned only once. Hhhmmm,,,what is it?... :D

Work on that, yimi386. Maybe it will help take your mind off from things for a while.

Don't let this long and arduous process get the best of you. Let "time" be your friend.

-good luck

Look at my time line!!!! You have only just put a scratch in the surface!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

For all, not just the OP:

The best practice, IMO, once a case leaves NVC: About 40-60 days after NVC sends, try calling DOS...

Don't waste any time tracking and don't fret anything till 100 days after sending, DOS still does not have it.. Averages are good to know and go by, but don't get caught up in comparing timelines too much...