The Nightmare Continues...

Make sure the name and address are absolutely correct on the original petition. Check it 10 times. Mine were not and it¡¯s been a nightmare. About 4 months ago I sent a certified letter to VSC trying to correct her name. Today I receive the approval notice for the I 130 in the mail and of course it has the wrong name. A few months ago GUZ sends the P3 to her at the wrong address. I fax them a letter correcting the address and tell them to please use this address for all future correspondence. They re-send the p3 and she receives it finally, after a month delay. GUZ sent out the P4 a few weeks ago and where do you think they sent it to¡­ Yes the wrong address again. So another fax to Guangzhou asking them to please re-send the P4 to the correct address. Will this nightmare ever end ????

Make sure the name and address are absolutely correct on the original petition. Check it 10 times. Mine were not and it¡¯s been a nightmare. About 4 months ago I sent a certified letter to VSC trying to correct her name. Today I receive the approval notice for the I 130 in the mail and of course it has the wrong name. A few months ago GUZ sends the P3 to her at the wrong address. I fax them a letter correcting the address and tell them to please use this address for all future correspondence. They re-send the p3 and she receives it finally, after a month delay. GUZ sent out the P4 a few weeks ago and where do you think they sent it to¡­ Yes the wrong address again. So another fax to Guangzhou asking them to please re-send the P4 to the correct address. Will this nightmare ever end ????

Stephen,

I had the same trouble with the P3 and P4. The P3 was sent to the wrong address. The P4 case to the right address but it was the wrong P4. My SO had moved back to her hometown approx 1 year before her interview. I had mailed a letter to the CSC and to GZ with her new address but of course they still sent the P3 to the wrong place. I sent them an email telling them of all their mistakes and what did they do? They called my SO and asked her what I was talking about.

Obviously they are not organized as they should be. Sorry to say but we just have to put up with it.

Dude I hear you... but you know what? I wish I had a P4 nightmare like you :D

Stay cool, everything will be all right. You're almost there

Uh oh. This wasn't post I wanted to hear. I recieved my NOA1 a month ago for my I-129F. I just found out all the tenants in my fiance's building in China are being evicted next month; she will have a new address. How would you recommend approaching this. Send CSC multiple letters with the new information? Talk to a live person if possible? :D

Uh oh. This wasn't post I wanted to hear. I recieved my NOA1 a month ago for my I-129F. I just found out all the tenants in my fiance's building in China are being evicted next month; she will have a new address. How would you recommend approaching this. Send CSC multiple letters with the new information? Talk to a live person if possible? :D

I can really understand your concerns :blink: We were lucky that my SO's tenants remained on her old apartment. I think it would be a very good idea to talk to a live person. Perhaps the experts here at CFL can chime in and tell you exactly what live person to talk to. Please try not to worry and keep the faith that everything will go well ;)

Good Luck Dude.. I tried to change the name and address at uscis, nvc and finally guz did correct the name. Now, if I can only get them to send one more piece of mail to the correct address...

Sorry to hear this, Stephen. As you know I've had my own problems. You are certainly getting toward the finish line. Everything will be alright. Good luck my friend. :D

Thanks Ron, and to everyone else who posted a sober comment... We will get there eventually. Cerberus, I wish that I had found CFL before I started this process. I would have read TFF¡¯S. But, I can¡¯t read Chinese and unfortunately had to rely on, well meaning others, to translate. Ok¡­ I¡¯ll let you get back to whatever mind altering substance you¡¯re indulging in.

Sorry to hear this, Stephen. As you know I've had my own problems. You are certainly getting toward the finish line. Everything will be alright. Good luck my friend. ;)

Thanks Ron, and to everyone else who posted a sober comment... We will get there eventually. Cerberus, I wish that I had found CFL before I started this process. I would have read TFF¡¯S. But, I can¡¯t read Chinese and unfortunately had to rely on, well meaning others, to translate. Ok¡­ I¡¯ll let you get back to whatever mind altering substance you¡¯re indulging in.

Sorry to hear this, Stephen. As you know I've had my own problems. You are certainly getting toward the finish line. Everything will be alright. Good luck my friend. ;)

Stephen,

You're absolutely right! Who am I to interrupt people that have the wrong address on their application?

This one rates up there with the man I saw filing his paperwork (Direct Consular Filing) written out in pink ink, I mentioned in a past post

Best of luck! You'll need it!

Dave

Thanks.. your right, I do need it.

Stephen,

You're absolutely right! Who am I to interrupt people that have the wrong address on their application?

This one rates up there with the man I saw filing his paperwork (Direct Consular Filing) written out in pink ink, I mentioned in a past post

Best of luck! You'll need it!

Dave

Stephen,

I had same problem. I called and they told me to fax them the approval notice, which I just got yesterday, and letter explaining the change of name. Chinese do not know how to format their name in English so I put a middle name when in fact my SO has no middle name but the middle name was actually the first part of her first name, and the first name I put was actually the second part of her first name. Anyway, I told them to email me or send me the confirmation. I may fax them again just to make sure they got it. I got to keep ontop of those people it sounds like.

Byron,

The exact same thing happened to me. I tried to change it all the way through the process without any luck. Guz finally changed it when I faxed a letter and a notarized birth certificate, in Chinese with English translation. The address part hasn't been as easy... Good Luck

Stephen,

I had same problem. I called and they told me to fax them the approval notice, which I just got yesterday, and letter explaining the change of name. Chinese do not know how to format their name in English so I put a middle name when in fact my SO has no middle name but the middle name was actually the first part of her first name, and the first name I put was actually the second part of her first name. Anyway, I told them to email me or send me the confirmation. I may fax them again just to make sure they got it. I got to keep ontop of those people it sounds like.

It's certainly a little disheartening to hear how difficult it is to change something so simply...

My only advice for those caught in this in the future, particular at the GUZ stages, is to make sure you fax the address and include it in chinese characters (their email supposedly will not preserve any chinese characters you send).

Some of mentioned sending back a waybill with the P3... although the consulate suggested this could slow down things since they have them prepared based on the address on file, maybe it is a good idea if you realized you had to change it for P3 and so give them a waybill for the P4.. just a thought.