I am in Guz, INTERVIEW tomorrow morning.

Guys and gals,

i want to clarify here that CCP never forced any chinese to be one of their member, that's only a PERSONAL choice with various intentions no matter wrong or right, if someone think it's an advantage to their occupation development or future job position, they would like to be a CCP member, that's up to them.

But posts here i read like chinese used CCP as a tool when they explain to VO why they join in CCP and why they don't quit.

i am chinese, and when i was asked if i want to be a CCP in university, i said no, because i see no reason to be a CCP for myself at that moment, no one shot me or threat me for my answer.

Just my two cent.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paula, since you felt "pissed" at my post, then I will apologize to you. If you felt I kicked you while you were down, sorry about that. It was not my intention.

What you say below is true for some I'm sure but not everyone in China thinks the way you do regarding the CCP. Neither do I claim everyone thinks the way I've stated regarding CCP membership in China.

With regards to GUZ, again, I will say the US Government scrutinizes over CCP membership. Some may get away with it, but as you've said your self, some whores and prositutes easily pass through GUZ gateway as well. So it shows you GUZ is not perfect and they let some pass through who perhaps shouldn't have passed. I've seen others on here with this party membership problem as well, not just you. Notibly Natalie on here who is petitioning for her boyfriend to come to the US on a K-1. They have had a LONG, LONG delay because of his CCP membership. Name check after name check after name check. :crazy:

This is NOT an unknown problem. And Lee should not be downplaying this. The US government gives a rats ass. The people who don't think CCP member may cause considerable trouble for them throught his process are fooling themselves into a false sense of reality. I, for one, will not downplay this and sugar coat it with a "everything will be fine" post. Petioners and beneficiaries should be warned when they enter this process-as you suggest/ask yourself.

But you realize the problem now. Again, I apologize for hurting your feelings.

I wish you the best with this process going forward.

P.S. Keep in mind that I NEVER said it was impossible for you to come to the US with a past CCP membership. All I said was the GUZ cares about that information. They will do more extensive checking of your background and then decide. It's very possible you may still make it through, but your case will be delayed.

Hi, This is paula. Honestly when I first read your orgional post, I felt a little bit pissed. You dont really know the reasonswhy chinese join the communist party here, so you cant say that words to us. Yes , compary to chinese hugh population, Chinese communist membership rate probably is not high, maybe low. But indeed in some work or some field we have to join it for keeping our job and support our families. It donest mean we believe communist ideology. oppoiste, we dont believe it at all after china is open to the whole world. Sure Chinese people espcially over 50 years old remember Chinman Mao's day. But I dont think they remmeber it because of the communist issue, People remember it just because chinese people in that times didnt consider money the first, they were were nice, helpful, devoted themself to hard working. Working in Chinese school, we do are asked to join the communist party, espcially some departments in the school.

Another reason I think you are wrong about Guangzhou consulate. Yes if consulate consist with their rule about communist, me , mama bear would be fine, as we know every communsit need to do additional check. But problem is few communist were asked to do check, most of them got visa without any problem. Yes, most of them are K visa, but look at the post on CFL how consualte answered communist issue during visa processing, Consulate said K visa is treated as CR1, as the applicant will get married in the US soon and apply for immgration visa too. I aslo found on 001 few chinese ladyes hold K1 visa and changed their status in the US without any problme after they addmit CCP membership. They got their CR1 visa with no delay. why me and mama bear treated are different from them? What you should say to me and ma ma bear? Bad luck? :unsure:

Ok, I accept your apology.

Thanks Lee for your caring words. Yes, I was totally shocked when I was told just because of my former communist membership, I could not get a visa. I was helpless and desperated. On the point, mama bear is better than me as she had mentally prepared this crap. Yes I didnt get an immgration lawyer help my case, so I didnt know american immgration law at all untill VO mentioned it. Why American embassys in China dont tell american not marry chinese communist women before they issued them single certifications.

Paula, you can't have this attitude of always blaming others. Ignorance of the law does not mean the law doesn't apply to you. That's rule #1 for the US. Because you don't know of such rules/policies/laws doesn't mean you won't have it applied to you. There are many people who didn't hire immigration lawyers for this process but they (we) all still researched about all this. Immigration is a HUGE deal. I don't understand why you didn't put more effort into researching about this entire process.

Your question about the American embassy could easily be turned into: Why Chinese Notary Office don't warn Chinese people that if you they have a CCP membership (past or present) that it may be difficult to immigrate to the US?

Why do you put the onus on the American side? It's your responsibility to know this process if you're trying to immigrate to the US. It's not for the US Government to say "Oh Paula, because you weren't aware of this, then it's ok, we'll just approve you."

Again, I feel pissed now. Yes you are right I should have known about what kind of people are not allowed to move to the US. I should have searched it on line carefully and then not to make me into that trouble, but the truth is truth. I was communist member. How to hide it? lie? I didnt lie. Even though sometimes I blamed myself stuip. I should have only answered NO instead of No, I quitted", but I still think the honesty is the best, which should also be high appreicated by american government. Do you know what did some ladys on 001 after they known the reason why I was denied. They lied, and got visa without any problem. Then what american govenment want to get? Cheating?? Yes, I understand american govenment is sensitive to CCP. I dont blame they will do additional check, but like what I said before the immigration law didn't apply to every applicant equally. That is REAL REASON why I feel pissed by your words. Law is Law, it is the only immigration law and should apply to every applicant equally no matter where you are from, and why applicant were treated differntlly. Yes I know nathelia's fiance waited much longer than me for this crap. But Do you know a week ago a chinese communist guy on 001 said he got K1 visa without any problem. His visa officer didnt ask him the communist question at all even though he admited his communist membership on his 156 forms. So what should I do? said nathelia's boyfriend stupid, or said that guy is very luck?? You tell me.

Guys and gals,

i want to clarify here that CCP never forced any chinese to be one of their member, that's only a PERSONAL choice with various intentions no matter wrong or right, if someone think it's an advantage to their occupation development or future job position, they would like to be a CCP member, that's up to them.

But posts here i read like chinese used CCP as a tool when they explain to VO why they join in CCP and why they don't quit.

i am chinese, and when i was asked if i want to be a CCP in university, i said no, because i see no reason to be a CCP for myself at that moment, no one shot me or threat me for my answer.

Just my two cent.

In your mind what is the definition of the word " FORCE" Someone put you a guy on the head to ask you to do something, you thinkthat is real FORCE? When you are asked whether to join the party or lose your job, is it a force to you?? espcially if you have a little child over 3 years old to need your support?? For me I definitely think it is force. The immigration law catalogued those are not volunteered to join the party if your joint just to keep employment for purpose of living.

In your mind what is the definition of the word " FORCE" Someone put you a guy on the head to ask you to do something, you thinkthat is real FORCE? When you are asked whether to join the party or lose your job, is it a force to you?? espcially if you have a little child over 3 years old to need your support?? For me I definitely think it is force. The immigration law catalogued those are not volunteered to join the party if your joint just to keep employment for purpose of living.

Agree, Paula.

Guys and gals,

Just my two cent.

The operative word is REQUIRED not forced and when there are only so many jobs to go around and your only choices are to join the CCP or go hungry the CCP wouldn't seem like such a bad idea after all.

Thanks folks again, i just came out, got blue, 221g, report later, need food badly , so hungry!

Same reason as Paula's, maybe need wait same time. Good bye, My U.S. christmas!

So sorry for you, mama bear. I am quite surprised about this result. :D Hope everything will go smoothly later! Please try to stay in happy (not easy I know), and you will always have the support from papa bear and us. :D

Sorry Paula. I should have replied to you via PM. My fault for publicly replying.

I thought Don made it very clear why K1 and CR1/IR1 are treated differently:

I do want to comment on the different treatment between CR/IR and K interviews. A CR/IR becomes a legal permanent resident upon entry to the US. A K-visa holder does not. So, GUZ scrutinizes the CR/IR applicants more closely. A K-visa holder needs to go through AOS before becoming a legal permanent resident and the buck gets shifted to USCIS rather than DOS to make the decision. Not that it's right, or fair, it just is.

One shouldn't be comparing stories of K1 approvals with CR1 or IR1 approvals. The requirements are different. When the K1 beneficiaries adjust their statuses, they will have the same problems. USCIS will scrutinize their background then. And I doubt it'll be all that rosy when that happens.

Again, I feel pissed now. Yes you are right I should have known about what kind of people are not allowed to move to the US. I should have searched it on line carefully and then not to make me into that trouble, but the truth is truth. I was communist member. How to hide it? lie? I didnt lie. Even though sometimes I blamed myself stuip. I should have only answered NO instead of No, I quitted", but I still think the honesty is the best, which should also be high appreicated by american government. Do you know what did some ladys on 001 after they known the reason why I was denied. They lied, and got visa without any problem. Then what american govenment want to get? Cheating?? Yes, I understand american govenment is sensitive to CCP. I dont blame they will do additional check, but like what I said before the immigration law didn't apply to every applicant equally. That is REAL REASON why I feel pissed by your words. Law is Law, it is the only immigration law and should apply to every applicant equally no matter where you are from, and why applicant were treated differntlly. Yes I know nathelia's fiance waited much longer than me for this crap. But Do you know a week ago a chinese communist guy on 001 said he got K1 visa without any problem. His visa officer didnt ask him the communist question at all even though he admited his communist membership on his 156 forms. So what should I do? said nathelia's boyfriend stupid, or said that guy is very luck?? You tell me.

Sorry Paula. I should have replied to you via PM. My fault for publicly replying.

I thought Don made it very clear why K1 and CR1/IR1 are treated differently:

I do want to comment on the different treatment between CR/IR and K interviews. A CR/IR becomes a legal permanent resident upon entry to the US. A K-visa holder does not. So, GUZ scrutinizes the CR/IR applicants more closely. A K-visa holder needs to go through AOS before becoming a legal permanent resident and the buck gets shifted to USCIS rather than DOS to make the decision. Not that it's right, or fair, it just is.

One shouldn't be comparing stories of K1 approvals with CR1 or IR1 approvals. The requirements are different. When the K1 beneficiaries adjust their statuses, they will have the same problems. USCIS will scrutinize their background then. And I doubt it'll be all that rosy when that happens.

Just because Don gave an explaination it doesn't make it logical and if you read his explaination he doesn't really buy in to it eather. The question sould be party loyalty, membership is membership and if that is the criteria they are going to use then it should apply the same way to everybody.

If they are loyal party members when they get to America they could join the American communist party and the American communist party is further to the left than the CCP.

And Paula is right it is the US government that should say something because they are the ones issuing the visa not China. All they have to do is make ellegibility the first step in the process so when the interview comes up that part is delt with and over but they won't because the longer the process can be drug out it increases job security and brings in more money, they don't want to streamline anything.

And our government knows that many members of the CCP only join to improve their chances for employment that is why they offer a waiver in the first place, if they thought all party members joined out of loyalty to party beliefs they wouldn't even make a waiver available.

The issue isn't that they question party membership I am glad they do, who wants a bunch of little Kim Jung Ills running around in America I sure as hell don't, the issue is that they don't apply the rules equaly across the board and they don't inform anybody where they are in the process after they are dumped in to the bottomless pit called the CCP name check, do you realize Paula is on her 4th name check, how many times do they have to do a name check? Are they stupid? Is there a process we are unaware of that could explain this?

They treat us like mushrooms, they just feed us crap and keep us in the dark!

Paula,

I am sorry for your being through the re-check right now, and i make sure you will get your visa after that.

i don't know if you work for government or some place needed to be a CCP, otherwise they will lose job; at least my friends and colleagues who work in different field never got this "trouble", maybe your case is an exception.

My parents are CCP when they were young and my father got in jail in Great Cultural Revolution, but he still believes he made the right choice to be a CCP even if he was mis-treated by his comrades in that way. when we discuss this, he just simply says it's faith.

i think USCIS raffle some CCP for re-backgroud check, they select you or her or him, that's all.

You may regret telling the truth while others got their visas by lying, but in the end you will be rewarded for doing the right thing.

Papa Bear, it appears that I will be in China at the same time as you. It would be great if we could get together and cry over a bottle of Tsingtao. Take care.

David

I never feel regret to tell the truth, and if give me an other chance I will choose same.

Papa bear will arrive here on 7th Dec, stays 8 weeks. We are looking forward the gathering.

Wish you the best mama bear. Hang in there.

Would the interview documentation be the first time the Consulate views that an applicant had been a member of the CCP?

Speedy processing for you mama bear.

Thank you , Yuanfen for your good wishes.

At lest in my case, yes, the interview documentation be the first time the consulate views that an applicant had been a member of the CCP, this question only appears in ds-230 part 2, before that , no any other forms require to fill in if you are a ccp member. and this form sealed in the medicial exam package, only unsealed at interview.

Yajie and Dan, hang in there. Perhaps you will be lucky and your overcome will come swiftly. Good luck my friends. I sincerely mean that.

Hi Mama and Papa Bear, hang tough and this mess with be over with in due time, I will have my fingers crossed for a before the end of the year Visa.

Sorry for the setback, mama bear. Hopefully it can be resolved smoothly and in a timely fashion.

In the meantime, keep your chin up and keep smiling. Try not to let it get you down too much. Time will fix it for you. :lol:

I am a Christian, so I am going to say this: "Mama Bear, hang in there. I am praying for you, and I believe that things will be moving smoothly for you! GOOD LUCK! GOD BLESS MAMA BEAR!

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!! DON'T GIVE UP!

:P

Dear MamaBear,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at the consulate.

I feel for you and I wish you the best on the next interview.

My thoughts are with you.

Let's pray for the success for next time.

FREEASABIRD

I truly hope that an overcome occurs. Best wishes and hugs to mamabear!!! :ok:

mama bear...wishing you a speedy overcome.

GOOD LORD!!!!!!!! Don't these guys ever quit? Hope the overcome, comes quickly, and ends in your favor.

Very sad to hear that mama bear. When you say same as Paula, do you mean they asked you if you were a member in the communist party? I hope this can be resolved soon. All the best to you!

sorry mama bear , my so just gite a blue paper at her interview to , i will tell you as i told her , not to give up , and think the next trip will be good , my heart feel for you , and i will pray that things work out for you to , sorry

Very sorry to hear this, Mama Bear. I know you will overcome this. Do not give up!

That's certainly not what I expected. Very sorry to hear the news and hope the overcome is quick.

Hope you get your visa soon.

I am sorry to hear about the blue slip. I am also sorry that I didn't come here early enough to give you good wishes. I agree with smilingasia, you will overcome this setback. Take care!

Folks, thank you all again and again for your good wishes, encouragements and regards, I will keep my chin up, and time will fix everything. Papa bear will be here very soon in a month, he will start to post a lot again ..