Eating in Hangzhou

I had not planned to cronicle too much about the latest tour Jen and I are on in China but this was too much to keep quiet about. While touring West Lake, we ate at a restaurant serving local foods including a beggars chicken and a local fish served in a sweet & sour with vinegar and then again today we had pork in this same sauce. My thoughts of what is good sweet & sour have changed. If you have a chance to come to Hangzhou, do so. It's history is ritch with some of the first sites of Budism in China and a beautiful scenic region as well.

If I were to have any questions, does anyone know of this sweet and sour, and more important, HOW DO YOU MAKE IT? :Dah:

Oooooohhhhh, I'm jealous of you eating that really good food!!!! My lady chef is not with me so it is more painful to hear about excellent cuisine, though I am happy for you. That is interesting that this sweet and sour sauce is so much better than normal. Well, enjoy!!!

I must say, I LOVE Hot and Sour soup. but it is strange, I have not had any good hot and sour soup in China... I actually don't like it there, I was very disappointed, there is nothing about it Hot or sour, just bad. sorry to say that, any thoughts on that? I have had good soup, but it was just a let down to not have good hot and sour there, I'm sure what I have had in a few resturants here maybe amercanized, if so, they did an execellent job.

LAst week, I had some Seafood Hot and Sour soup, hmmmm :rolleyes:

I will say all of the food here doesn't touch what I have had in China, but the soup... Bou hau

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I'm sure if you mention how much you like it to Jen she will be able to reproduce it in great quantity when you get home. Betcha never thought of that one Jim. :D

Sorry Lee,

Jen already told me, "do this no easy". :P I',m thinkin of looking into this one myself. After all, I need to be able to hold my own in the kitchen.

Well, after an encore performance of "yong Qi" at the local kareoke bar it's off to Bejing. Rumor has it they know something about duck there. Also, if anyone knows, I saw a program on the travel channel called "No Reservations" He ate at a place called the noodle loft in Bejing. Anyone familiar with it? Looked like good eating. B)

chinese food has gotta be some of the best in the world....

such variations and pretty much all healthy, at least what i have eaten.

she has been on soup kick lately

different kinds of soups shes been experimenting with that go with dinners :D

chicken, fish and other seafoods...

she did a seafood chowder the other night that just kicked my A!%@

im a lucky man