What is the cost for a Chinese Passport

I think she just needs her house registeration book (hu kou ben), ID (shen fen zheng) to apply at her local police bureau.

It takes 3 weeks, I think.

It was RMB200 years ago.

I gave the guy at the desk a kickback RMB200 so he kept me informed of the processing and followed it up for me.

Right now, I think it's much easier than years ago.

I think she just needs her house registeration book (hu kou ben), ID (shen fen zheng) to apply at her local police bureau.

It takes 3 weeks, I think.

It was RMB200 years ago.

I gave the guy at the desk a kickback RMB200 so he kept me informed of the processing and followed it up for me.

Right now, I think it's much easier than years ago.

It Shanghai, it's 1 week to process and 300RMB. And it's not just any police station. There's only 1 PSB in Shanghai which issues passports for the entire 10+ million populace in SH.

Your milage may wary depending on where you apply but I think the 300RMB fee is standardized.

My SO is in Nanning, is that standardized rate applicable throughout China or is that just the standardized rate in Shanghai and its Province?

I think it's about RMB300.

My SO is in Nanning, is that standardized rate applicable throughout China or is that just the standardized rate in Shanghai and its Province?

A passport fee should be standardized throughout China, but I won't gaurantee it. Many members' SO's are from GuangXi and Nanning, so they can offer more detailed input.

My LaoPao does not like bribes so she found herself having to go back a few times because of misplaced paperwork....

No need to bribe those people.

Actually I was working in south China and applied for a passport in mid-China where my hu kou is. I couldn't afford the time waiting in mid-China or run several times between south China and mid-China, so kickback was the most efficient to me.

I am in Beijing, a new passport cost 200 yuan and 5 work days, if you pay more could be faster, I heard in some provence it even takes 3 months, so the time depends on where you are, the price is 200-300yuan. If you have an old passport, to extend its issue time is 20 yuan, but if change a new one it will take you 200 (for new one)+ 20 for a note of the old passport's number on the new one.

Any note on your passport eatch one costs 20yuan,such as change last name, extend, old passport number etc..

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)

A passport fee should be standardized throughout China, but I won't gaurantee it. Many members' SO's are from GuangXi and Nanning, so they can offer more detailed input.

Confirmed with my SO. 200rmb. 5 business days for standard processing. Nothing cheaper than that in Shanghai.

My wife got her passport (2004) in Nanning for about 200rmb, the passport pictures cost 30rmb and copies need for identification/other proof was about 20rmb. This puts entire cost at about 250rmb done in 2004.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)