The Truth about Chinese Women.

actually the comment I forget to mention was that the original post had the word "truth" and "chinese" in the same sentence.. even Dan should hopefully back me up on this.. this could be a oxymoronic phrase at best.

Truth is a relative issue with the chinese, like ethics... Almost like the joke we would tell while playing a sport on the playground, "no blood, no foul"... in their case, "no ethic, no wrong".... At times it seems ethics are nonsensical and it's just the daily grind one is doing...

---

I'll add to the list a general idea of "role play" that each individual is engaged in, whether they realize it or not.. so women have their role.

I think that a strong sense of harmony is paramount to chinese culture and while this is general to all, the woman will certainly do their gender role in support of this concept...

My wife values truth/honesty/sincerity above harmony between us. It's a trust issue. But I do see her not caring whether she lives someone with an accurate impression if it's regarding something that's none of their business.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese women love to open windows even when temperature is below 40 degrees. They need fresh air. :lol:

Actually, mine gave up on that. I just turn up the heat and that costs money, so she only opens the windows when I'm gone.

Ya, to let your smell out :signthankspin: . When you back, you sweat and smell again and turn on the heat to steam your sweat and smell :P

actually the comment I forget to mention was that the original post had the word "truth" and "chinese" in the same sentence.. even Dan should hopefully back me up on this.. this could be a oxymoronic phrase at best.

Truth is a relative issue with the chinese, like ethics... Almost like the joke we would tell while playing a sport on the playground, "no blood, no foul"... in their case, "no ethic, no wrong".... At times it seems ethics are nonsensical and it's just the daily grind one is doing...

---

I'll add to the list a general idea of "role play" that each individual is engaged in, whether they realize it or not.. so women have their role.

I think that a strong sense of harmony is paramount to chinese culture and while this is general to all, the woman will certainly do their gender role in support of this concept...

My wife values truth/honesty/sincerity above harmony between us. It's a trust issue. But I do see her not caring whether she lives someone with an accurate impression if it's regarding something that's none of their business.

Truth and trust are two different things.. I would suggest many chinese have less issue with truth and more on trust (that is a subset of harmony)... Dan and I discussed this at length during our year wait... nothing like passing the time on meaningless topics... :signthankspin:

Chinese women love to open windows even when temperature is below 40 degrees. They need fresh air. :D

Actually, mine gave up on that. I just turn up the heat and that costs money, so she only opens the windows when I'm gone.

Ya, to let your smell out :lol: . When you back, you sweat and smell again and turn on the heat to steam your sweat and smell :o

Now Eunice, it's not nice to call someone skunky.

Something tells me Eunice has 001 open in another browser

and is multi tasking. :D

My wife is not hot tempered by any means, infact she calls herself peacfull... she is super clean though, and has already informed me that I am to take showers at night (We'll see about that..)

Thrifty- yes, cheap- no. Traditional (I like that). Family oriented- very much so. She is very loyal, however I know of some remote friends of her that are not. So I think you are generally correct in your description but there are always some exceptions.

whats with the 78 degree thermostat setting ? :sweating_buckets:

my only complaint about my sweet lady

and her grocery store bag collection :blink:

Yes - 78 it is. I have the thermostat programmed for 78 when she's home alone, 75 when I'm home.

Our "thermostat wars" consist of her setting the fan to "Auto", or me setting it to "On".

I sweat at 78.

whats with the 78 degree thermostat setting ? :bangin:

Yes - 78 it is. I have the thermostat programmed for 78 when she's home alone, 75 when I'm home.

Our "thermostat wars" consist of her setting the fan to "Auto", or me setting it to "On".

I sweat at 78.

You wife just ain't cheap enough. I come home to a cold house and she's got her coat on and a hot water bottle stuck inside. I kick the furnace on and it takes a couple hours to warm up to 72.

My central AC broke 3 years ago and my central heat last year and I've yet to fix either. I've endured Houston's humid heat and mild winters with only a window unit in my bedroom and an antique space heater. I also love having my windows open.

I love all of the money I've saved. My summer electric bill might hit $45 at times, where it used to top $300 and my winter gas bill was almost the same.

I drive a 19 year old BMW, no AC. No car payments except some mechanic bills sometimes.

I also save the plastic and paper bags for lots of things. I pick up old lumber and building materials tossed on the curb and store or reuse them. My house is furnished (except the bed) with mostly antiques that I either found in the street and rehabbed or were given to me, like my Eastlake sofa and chairs.

I think cleanliness, order and harmony are great, although I've relaxed that living in my old house/construction zone.

I got rid of all of my old clothes and now have 5 shirts, 3 t-shirts, 2 pairs of shoes and a jacket and sweatshirt. Less is more.

This is all feeling right to me. I'm thinking I was Chinese in my last life.

Maybe that has been fun for you for a while, to live an ascetic Zen lifestyle, but things are going to be infinitely more complex if you ever get a Chinese lady to this country with you. There is no Chinese lady I have ever heard of who would live that way. If there were one who was so abstemious, well, if she wanted to be a monk she could just go to the monastery in China, no need to bother with a husband. That was good while it lasted, uplifting in a way, but you are going to have to ramp it up again, brother.

whats with the 78 degree thermostat setting ? :unsure:

I sweat at 78.

You wife just ain't cheap enough. I come home to a cold house and she's got her coat on and a hot water bottle stuck inside. I kick the furnace on and it takes a couple hours to warm up to 72.

I set the thermostat at 61 at night and my wife said it is too cold. So I move it to 63. I rather put on more blankets than having dry heat.