Black Hole @ White Swan Hotel???

This week I decided to call EMS to verify that my P3 forms were actually delivered to GZ. (I sent them via EMS on 3/17.) After many calls, here's what I found out.

My package was delivered on 3/18 to the White Swan Hotel located at No. 1 Southern Street. (The U.S. Consulate is located at No. 1 Shamian South Street.) Because I wrote in Chinese when I completed the EMS mailing label, I thought for sure my package was delivered to the wrong address. (The Chinese characters for "South" and "Southern" are the same.)

So I called the White Swan Hotel to find out what happened to my package. You won't believe this! The person at the hotel told me that they regularly receive and sign for mail addressed to the U.S. Consulate. The hotel just accumulates the mail until someone comes by and picks it up.

If this is true, is it any wonder that mail addressed to GZ sometimes gets lost or misplaced? And why in the world doesn't GZ have a secured lock box for ALL its mail? Perhaps this is "old news" to many of you, but it is very upsetting to me.

B)

Yeah this is "old news" to most of us and it actually doesn't bother me much (although the first time I heard it I reacted the same as you).

The staff at the White Swan hotel is quite efficient and professional so I don't think the problem lies there. I beleive the consulate picks up their mail on a daily basis. Of course they then toss in the mailroom where it "seasons" for a while.

We had the same problem. My wife finally called about her paperwork and they said that they never received it. So she had me write a letter to them that she could Fax to them personally. I will tell her about this problem and maybe the next batch of forms she can get correct address or deliver them personally.

Philip & Ru Fang