administrative review at NVC

Hi everyone.

My case is at the NVC and under "administrative review" what does this mean?

Some one posted a link to a lawyer's site describing this and that helps. It seems to be used for name check problem.

I wonder how often NVC used this term and what does it mean to them internally?

Has any one had this term attached to their application? How long to get thru NVC if they ddi? Did you get accepted or rejected?

Any extra info on this term and final sucess would really help.

Don

Hi everyone.

Some one posted a link to a lawyer's site describing this and that helps. It seems to be used for name check problem.

Has any one had this term attached to their application? How long to get thru NVC if they ddi? Did you get accepted or rejected?

Don

Don, read the thread that "Will" had : Urgent Help Everyone!!!!!!!!

Some of the responses may help you.

Hi everyone.

Don

Thanks, has anyone gotten thru the review and what did they do?

Hi everyone.

Don

Everyone will get through AR.. The "when" is unknown...

The AR is a catch all term.. they could be doing various stuff.. but most likely it has to do with the namecheck.

Thanks, has anyone gotten thru the review and what did they do?

Hi everyone.

Don

Hi Don,

I wanted to send you this link from a similar question I asked when our K-3 got to NVC. I'm not sure which type you are going for, but K Visas will should get through NVC very fast. When I asked them the status, they told me Administrative Review and I panicked, but it turned out to be only a generic term used to indicate Name Check... in my case anyway. I hope the same for you! Good luck!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...eview&st=15

Edited: the relevant conversation starts at Post #22... I couldn't figure out how to make the link start there. :)

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)

How long has the NVC had your case?

Our petition was in "administrative review" for about 2 weeks then was sent on to Guangzhou.

Administrative review is when they do another quick background check.

Typically a petition takes 1-2 weeks from NOA2 to being received at NVC, and then 1-4 weeks at NVC before being sent to the consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Hey Don,

I'm in the same boat as you with this NVC thing. I posted a similar post a few days ago. I've been waiting for the NVC to clear my case for 2 months now, and all they have said was that it is undergoing AR ("administrative review"). My fiancee's surname is like top-3 most common in China, so I am thinking the name-checking must be taking somewhat longer for her.

Some members have stated it should only take 2-4 weeks, and others said it has taken many months to clear the NVC, so I will wait it out a week or two before I start pulling hair again. Seems like a lot of members are complaining about the NVC recently, so I don't feel so alone anymore. If I do get an update on this AR thing, I'll let you know.

Hang in there.

Edited by coconutz (see edit history)