I found Zhen on the internet March 2006. After 100's of emails and phone calls, I made the trip to Nanning to meet her in person. I arrived in Nanning Sept. 29, 2006 and spent eight days with Zhen. I have to say one of the best times of my life. After returning home I can not get her off of my mind and wish to marry her. She has accepted.

Now I need help, PLEASE. I like many have read so much information about what is needed to be done, my brain is fried or it could just be that I am so much I love I can not think. But I am ready to start the process and to do what ever it takes to have her and her daugther here with me.

Any ideas of the cost of the entire process of getting them here? I do not want to start this process and run out of money and what I have already started paper work wise, expire or have to be started over again.

At the present time I am completing the I-129F form and having Zhen apply for Chinese passport. What's next?

Any information would be a great help, thanks.

First question? Flint river as in Georgia's Flint River? :o

Welcome aboard. You've definitely come to the right place even if most of us here are not in our right minds.

Money - You'll need lots of it if you factor in the cost of the trips that you'll want to make to China during what can be a long process. Add the petition fees, the visa fees, the gifts, the phone costs, possible contributions to her family and her, maybe an engagement ring, and all the incidentals, and you're talking thousands of dollars. :unsure:

One thing to remember about the I-129F. The G-325A attachment will require some information that your fiancee will have to provide as well as her signature. So, if you haven't already gotten her to sign the forms, best to do so now. This will also give you a chance to find out how fast or slow the mail/express services are between the US and China.

You're probably looking at anywhere from 6 months to a year for the entire process. There's a wealth of information here at CFL, including a bunch of FAQs on the process. Take a look and then ask away. There're tons of folks here who will be more than happy to help you navigate through the rat maze.

Now, for my first piece of real advice... buy a large supply of Cheetos. :D

Good luck.

I found Zhen on the internet March 2006. After 100's of emails and phone calls, I made the trip to Nanning to meet her in person. I arrived in Nanning Sept. 29, 2006 and spent eight days with Zhen. I have to say one of the best times of my life. After returning home I can not get her off of my mind and wish to marry her. She has accepted.

Now I need help, PLEASE. I like many have read so much information about what is needed to be done, my brain is fried or it could just be that I am so much I love I can not think. But I am ready to start the process and to do what ever it takes to have her and her daugther here with me.

Any ideas of the cost of the entire process of getting them here? I do not want to start this process and run out of money and what I have already started paper work wise, expire or have to be started over again.

At the present time I am completing the I-129F form and having Zhen apply for Chinese passport. What's next?

welcome to our nightmare-think your gonna like it!!! First, don't listen to Frank about the cheetos-he owns stock in the company. Listen to him about everything else--but not the cheetos. You're in for several months of rage and cussing so if you haven't bee practicing, nows the time to start. Next SAVE and DOCUMENT everything. if you are sure you have sent it to UCSIS and you Will never ever need it again, they will ask for it three more times. Finlay, double and triple check EVERYTHING. One teeny weeny mistake Can cost months. I'm damned sure not one who gives a rats rump about details BUT if you mess up

(like you did above when you said you went to china for 8 days in sept 29 of 2006), Your Chinese darlin' will put some evil pain on ya!

I'll now return you to yopur regularly schedualed programming and those who really know stuff!!

trigg

Welcome, Flint River.

You have found the right place and luckilly you found it early in the process. Trigg is right about

(like you did above when you said you went to china for 8 days in sept 29 of 2006), Your Chinese darlin' will put some evil pain on ya!

Make sure you get all dates correct. That is one area where they can really screw you up. That's just my little contribution so far. Get to work! and good luck.

Ron :unsure:

(quote)

I'm damned sure not one who gives a rats rump about details BUT if you mess up

I'll now return you to yopur regularly schedualed programming and those who really know stuff!!

~~

Damn LOL

poor guy has been on here less than an hour and already had

his butt raked accross the coals

YEAP I agree with them.

also, mistakes cost you in more ways than you can every understand now....

Always remember who your dealing with and sometimes that light

bulb ain't so bright up higher in the chain of command.

Oh and don't worry about Trigg. He is just hung over been sleeping in

garage.

Bobby....

welcome to our nightmare-think your gonna like it!!! First, don't listen to Frank about the cheetos-he owns stock in the company. Listen to him about everything else--but not the cheetos. You're in for several months of rage and cussing so if you haven't bee practicing, nows the time to start. Next SAVE and DOCUMENT everything. if you are sure you have sent it to UCSIS and you Will never ever need it again, they will ask for it three more times. Finlay, double and triple check EVERYTHING. One teeny weeny mistake Can cost months. I'm damned sure not one who gives a rats rump about details BUT if you mess up

trigg

Trigg's right about Frank, but then again don't listen to anything Trigg has to offer outside of the actual visa process because he's a bit punchy from being punched by his lovely wife. Usually 5-10 times each day if he is really trying to be good. Remember, he's writing from the garage now days and I expect his exile to be a long and pointless one. <_<

Welcome to Candle! Be sure and go to the Links and Resources section of Candle......lots of information there. Search for K-1, I-129F, etc. Some of the information may be a little dated, such as fees and the new IMBRA requirements but will give you a jump start on the coversheet for your application and most of the needed documentation. Just ask and folks will fill you in. Also refer to www.uscis.gov for the latest forms and instructions.

Cost for this process? For me it was probably $10k-15k or so. That included 3 trips to China (13 month process at that time, quicker now, maybe 6-9 months) and her one way to the US along with visa fees, medical exam, hotels, food, ring, gifts, etc. It's the airfare that runs the total up the quickest but everything else will nickle and dime you to death.

If her English is quite limited it would be worthwhile for you to fund English classes for her. The better her English is the better it is for your relationship (even though at times I consider maybe my wife of nearly 3 years now knows too much English, you old timers know what I'm talking about!), her ability to communicate in English at the interview at the US Consulate (so they know the two of you can communicate), and the better it will be for her when she comes to live in an (mostly) English speaking country.

Good luck.

Welcome, Flint River.

You have found the right place and luckilly you found it early in the process. Trigg is right about

Make sure you get all dates correct. That is one area where they can really screw you up. That's just my little contribution so far. Get to work! and good luck.

Ron :Dah:

Ron is correct as usual. It is an out-of-whack date that has now added weeks, and potentially months to our process. An innocent mistake, or lapse in attention to details anywhere along the way could be cause for someone flagging your file so the VO can dash your hopes at the interview. Everything is evidence, so keep it organized as you collect it, such as ANYTHING pertaining to your first visit to lovely Nanning (receipts, boarding passes, proof of payment for airline tickets...you took lots of pictures together, Riiiiiight???)

I survived without Cheetos, but the vodka and beer kept me going..... :roller:

Check your sanity at the door. :roller:

Oh yeah...WELCOME to CFL :roller:

Mike

Welcome to CFL You will find friends here as well as the best advice on the web for K-visas as they pertain to China. Here is a link to some links that will help you navigate CFL as well as links to sample forms filled in etc. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16183

Trigg is right double and triple check everything. Frank is one of the most knowledgable people I have ever known where it comes to the visa process. You can pretty much take anything he says to the bank. That being said it is always wise to get information from many sources. It is the internet after all and occasionally well meaning people post bad advice.

Welcome to CFL You will find friends here as well as the best advice on the web for K-visas as they pertain to China. Here is a link to some links that will help you navigate CFL as well as links to sample forms filled in etc. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16183

Trigg is right double and triple check everything. Frank is one of the most knowledgable people I have ever known where it comes to the visa process. You can pretty much take anything he says to the bank. That being said it is always wise to get information from many sources. It is the internet after all and occasionally well meaning people post bad advice.

I agree with the old guys :roller: listen very carefully