Received AP early

We originally applied for AP, along with AOS and EAD, on July 20th. I checked a wrong box on the I-131 and the AP package was returned to us. We refiled corrected forms on August 6th.

Our rationale for AP was based on three items:

1. Business. Lao Po must go back to China sometime later this year to complete a real estate transaction.

2. Humanitarian. Her parents are in their 70's and she might need to visit them on short notice if a health crisis occurs.

3. Business. I make extended international business trips and it would be helpful to have my wife accompany me.

I've just come back from a 2.5 week trip, have 7 days at home, and then head out for a 3-6 week trip. Lao Po was not a happy camper at the thought of me being gone so much. I made an InfoPass appointment and had my company CEO sign a letter indicating my extensive travel schedule, the effect on my new wife, the importance to the economy of the very large contract I'm negotiating, and requesting expeditious processing of the I-131 so my wife could travel with me beginning this Saturday. We brought a copy of the filed 131 and also a new I-131, dated today, with updated information to include travel starting on Saturday. Initially the Immigration Officer said we needed to wait 90 days from the effective date of filing for approval. Lao Po and I were dressed nicely, kept smiling, and spoke about the hardship this would impose ... after about 5 minutes of conversation the IO said "OK, I'll ask my supervisor."

Thirty minutes later we walked out with a one year multi-entry AP in hand.

I wouldn't abuse this kindness but if you really get in a spot, are well prepared, and keep smilin' sometimes things work out.

Due to your expertise in NEGOTIATIONS.......... I certainly hope your job is one where your main objective is to "negotiate" matters.......... YOU SEEM TO BE AN EXPERT AT THIS!!!!!!!!! Ha Ha If not - you should consider changing jobs where you primary task is negotiations!!!!!! I have never heard of anybody being able to sway the VO's and get them to accomodate their needs so easily.

Scott