Ok I'm confused - pls help!

I just saw on a post that dos said a security check cleared - but GZ hasnt been notified yet. This is where the confusion is... When I called CA and my lovely Fiance's namecheck was still not showing up in their system as complete, I asked them the process - they told me that "a government agency" notifies dos of the approval --> then dos cables it to GZ --> then once GZ updates their system --> it shows up in CA's system.

Hence the confusion. How can CA say its complete, but that GZ has not entered it in their system? Is this person calling someone other than CA? If so, please give me the number so I may become newest bestest buddy!!!

Tx.

K and Y,

I think you have joined the mystery clearances. GC notifies DOS when they have processed the names originally sent to them by DOS (confused yet??) There also seems to be more than one round of name checks, more like 2-3 on various lists. Yep, one agency has one and another has one....so it may just have been cleared of one of the lists. Hope this helps.

Well, maybe it's sort of like bingo, where they are spot checking some requests, after all this is "security" checks they are doing, if they truly documented the process to the public, people would find a way around it, then I wouldn't think that it called "security" anymore.