Yeah, yeah I know it is nothing to really celebrate but based on all the reading I've done over the past six months ANY news of our case moving forward is reason enough to celebrate...*lol*...Today when I got home I had a nice little letter waiting for me, it was our NOA1...I sent in our application last Wednesday so getting an NOA1 this quick (9 days) is very nice indeed...I just hope the rest of our visa process goes this quickly!!!...Again, good luck to everyone else in your journey too!!!...I can only hope to have the kind of success that some of you guys have had!!!...

;)

7-10 days is the norm between mailing the petition and getting the receipt notice, so you're right on track.

I guess you filed at the VSC by looking at your signature.

Keep your eye on the USCIS processing dates. They usually don't mean a thing but at least it can serve as a benchmark for you.

I don't know how quick the service centers are going these days but I'm sure there are others here that you can compare notes with.

-good luck

Welcome to CFL and the beginning of your journey to the land of GUZ. Ah yes, I remember the good old days when I would come home and check my mailbox for any letter with a governement seal, NO1,NO2, a request for more money or a big fat packet of more government forms to fill out. Now, how disturbed is that? Anyway way as David always says, "Know where you are in the process so you are prepared for the next step." Good Luck!

Yeah, yeah I know it is nothing to really celebrate but based on all the reading I've done over the past six months ANY news of our case moving forward is reason enough to celebrate...*lol*...Today when I got home I had a nice little letter waiting for me, it was our NOA1...I sent in our application last Wednesday so getting an NOA1 this quick (9 days) is very nice indeed...I just hope the rest of our visa process goes this quickly!!!...Again, good luck to everyone else in your journey too!!!...I can only hope to have the kind of success that some of you guys have had!!!...

:lol:

Congratulations! That is quick indeed! I have a friend in the state of Maine who petitioned in October of 2005, got their NOA1 in November, 2005, had the interview in March, 2006 and are now married and living in Lewiston, ME! 5 and a half months! Their paperwork must have luckily always ended up on the top of the stack!

I petitioned the USCIS sent 2-5-06, NOA1 2-15-06, NOA2 1-28-06, P3 4-27-06m P4 9-15-06, interview will be on 10-11-06.

My SO says "we are not so lucky". I told her that yes, indeed we are lucky, because we are near the end of the process. I'd hate to think how long this process will take for those beginning today! Anyway, I'm looking forward to flying to China this September 29, will go to Guangzhou with my Rongjiao, hopefully acquire her visa. If so, we will travel back to the USA to begin our love life together! Best of luck!

Edited by mrbill2449 (see edit history)

Thank you so much guys!!...It really was so nice to even get that NOA1 in the mail...It makes everything feel so official now and like things are really moving along...And yes, at least I know the package arrived safe and on time...I thought I remember reading before about the VSC being one of the better service centers to go through...But reading the replies here REALLY gives me hope of a speedy approval...But I will not get my hopes too high just yet...I'm just going to celebrate each little step forward we make...In fact, I already told my SO that it is usually a 3-6 month process but I was hoping for a response in December...So anything quicker will just be that much sweeter!...

Thanks everyone!!!...

:lol: