So sorry man,

you are the first denial for someone i watch post before the interview. I feel for you very very much. Don't worry about venting on this site. just overcome it no matter how hard it is.

there is never a predetermined outcome???????

Thank you all for your support and your suggestions. We will try everything we can to resolve this unfortunate circumstance before I have to leave for home.

In a perfect world, one phone call and a fax would clear this right up. But this will not happen. I have a fight on my hands, and I believe that I am up for it.

After a bad night it's going to be another long day here in the Land O' Guz. Thanks again.

sanshanghai.....good luck with your interview on Monday.

Mike

Michael -

Again, hang in there man and you will overcome.

Is it against the law in China like it is here in the US to be married to two women at the same time? If Manyun's former husband did not get divorced and married another, wouldn't he be in some hot water with the Chinese authorities?

Wheel Man

Ok, Boys and Girls. If I sound pissed, it is because I AM!!!!!

I'll skip all of the preliminary crap and cut to the chase. I am not a believer in conspiracy theories (quite the opposite) but I have seen things happen during the visa process that has convinced me that games are being played behind the scenes. And now I am convinced.

This is how Manyun's interview went:

Manyun: Good morning

VO: May I see your passport?

(At this point, she handed over 3 passports...hers, her daughter's and mine. And with the passports went an "Index of Documents" listing everything that Manyun had with her. I believe that AmeriKen did this. I thought it was a great idea. It was pushed back without a glance)

VO: Do you have pictures?

(She passes through the nice folder of pictures separated by date and location).

Not a further word came out of the VO. Manyun is waiting for the questions that we practiced so much. She had a 6" thick pile of folders containing evidence on her lap.

The VO passes through the paper...Blue Slip...and calls the next number. Manyun is totally bewildered. I am waiting in the coffee shop when she comes down. With me are some people I met during the morning's wait. I am overjoyed, until I see her face. She pulls out blue, and I am stunned. We were so well prepared. I read the slip for what is required:

"A handwritten, signed statement from the petitioner explaining why he was willing to come meet and stay with a married woman."

What the F**k are they talking about. I am LIVID at this point. On the back of the attached peachy-colored slip if the following requirement:

¡°The consulate has insufficient evidence about the residency of the following people marked with an X... Your ex-spouse ..... You.¡±

¡°Provide evidence to verify residency for a significant length of time and as close to the current date as possible¡­¡­¡­such as, Lease/mortgage statements (they do not live in a house), Utility bills (paid for by his wife¡­the guy can¡¯t keep a Yuan in his pocket), Bank statement, (yeah, right), Household Registry (proves nothing as far as I can tell), Driver¡¯s license¡±.

Now I am on FIRE¡£I cannot believe the stupidity, and sheer, blatant ignorance. They are hitting us with a blue slip for evidence we have right in front of their faces. They are thinking FRAUD, for god sake! We search out any help available, but everyone is at a loss. We go back to the hotel in a state of enraged shock. Upon reaching the room, I hit the ¡°Library¡±. For those of you who don¡¯t know, I am an Engineer, rightly accused of deep thought and flagrant over-analysis. In the peace and quiet, my mind begins to chew through what my anger prevented me from seeing.

Way-back-when, Manyun sent me the required documents for the I-129F. One of them was the Certificate of Divorce. I received these items after I returned from my first visit in late September-early October 2005. I remember seeing the date of October 27, 2005 as the date of Manyun¡¯s divorce. It struck me funny, but when I asked the guy who was our interpreter at the time, his response was that it was the date the Notary was able to certify the document. OK. The ONLY place this date appeared was in the 129 submittal.

After today¡¯s events, I pressed Manyun for further information. It turns out that her ex is a real bastard. He would not agree to a divorce from Manyun for several years, but in the meantime married another woman and has a child by her. Manyun thought that this caused her marriage to be dissolved after two years. Nope! She found out after she met me that she was still lawfully married. She threatened the guy with exposure, and he relented. And so, her actual, recorded, legal divorce date is October 27, 2005. I indeed went to Nanning in September to meet a married woman. We are talking a matter of a few weeks. Someone, somewhere (NVC, USCIS) caught this, did the math, and flagged it for GUZ to find. We all know that GUZ will often ask for the same documents that were already submitted with the 129, so I don¡¯t think they caught it. If it was caught at GUZ, it wasn¡¯t by the VO. He didn¡¯t have enough time. Someone had to dig deep by reviewing the file ahead of time.

Manyun called the bastard ex today, and he refuses to help her in any way. He laughed and hung up on her. So now we have a blue slip that cannot be overcome. The evidence to prove his residence, and when they actually separated is unavailable, and Manyun doesn¡¯t really know for sure where the guy lives. All she has is his cell phone number. Tomorrow afternoon is the ¡°Ask the VO¡± session. I will write a statement, take whatever we have, and ask if there is any way to overcome this.

I know that this was long and whiney. I guess what I am trying to say is to expect the unexpected as best you can. If something does not seem right, investigate it until you are sure that it is correct. If I can¡¯t straighten this out by early next week, I will be heading home alone to regroup. I realize that this problem pales in comparison to other on CFL, but I needed to vent somewhere. Thanks for being here, everyone. We¡¯ll figure something out.

More as it develops.

Mike

So sorry man,

you are the first denial for someone i watch post before the interview. I feel for you very very much. Don't worry about venting on this site. just overcome it no matter how hard it is.

there is never a predetermined outcome???????

Thank you all for your support and your suggestions. We will try everything we can to resolve this unfortunate circumstance before I have to leave for home.

In a perfect world, one phone call and a fax would clear this right up. But this will not happen. I have a fight on my hands, and I believe that I am up for it.

After a bad night it's going to be another long day here in the Land O' Guz. Thanks again.

sanshanghai.....good luck with your interview on Monday.

Mike

Good Luck Michael and Manyun. Give them what they ask for, and I hope you can overcome this quickly. :(

Is it against the law in China like it is here in the US to be married to two women at the same time? If Manyun's former husband did not get divorced and married another, wouldn't he be in some hot water with the Chinese authorities?

Wheel Man

The situation of Manyun's ex is "bao er nai" (purchase a 2nd wife). Man Yun's marriage with him was valid before divorce paper came out. His other woman was hidden underground. If Manyun sued to the authority and had solid evidence, he would be in trouble.

If I ever had any doubt outcomes are predetermined I don't now. It sucks big time but all you can do is your best to give them what they want. I agree with Eunice. Work on the ex's new beau and threaten him with exposing him for bigamy.

threaten him with exposing him for bigamy.

It's useless now to expose him for bigamy since the divorce paper came out.

So many men (many of them are government officials ) have purchased 2nd wife and the authority doesn't really care.

I agree with the sentiment of getting a good lawyer.

One avenue that you might check out is if you can get a copy of the ex's new marriage certificate--might be public domain--or more likely receivable with a small gift to someone at records.

If you can show that he was a bigamist it might go a long way to help you all clear this hurdle.

good luck!!

threaten him with exposing him for bigamy.

It's useless now to expose him for bigamy since the divorce paper came out.

So many men (many of them are government officials ) have purchased 2nd wife and the authority doesn't really care.

I also don't see any point in pursuing the bigamist angle because i don't think the consulate cares about his actions; only hers...

Certainly work on showing a timeline of these events, getting his current residency and at least pass his phone number along as part of the evidence. Let them call him.