Gosh we are lucky to live so close with Chinese

The dish in the center is lobster. They brought out two live lobsters that must have been 24" head to tail by 6"wide. Yummy!

Lobsters in China are extremely expensive.

The dish in the center is lobster. They brought out two live lobsters that must have been 24" head to tail by 6"wide. Yummy!

Lobsters in China are extremely expensive.

Lobsters here in Boston is very cheap. Sometimes one can get two lobsters (like Dennis' photos) in Boston Chinatown restaurants for $12. But I rather buy the lobsters myself and steam them.

Edited by tonado (see edit history)

So where did you guys go Dennis? Was that NBC Seafood on Atlantic? That was where we went for CFL Dim Sum. Or perhaps it is that place a few doors south of the corner of Garfield and Valley. There are every region's food between Monterey Park and Rosemead. The restaurants usually have written in Hanzi the style on the sign or window. We mostly go to Sichuan, Shanghai and Liaoning. If you want hot pot try the restaurant in Sunny Plaza on Valley just west of San Gabriel Blvd.

Do you do grocery shopping at Hawaii Market? It is cheaper than 99 Ranch.

I remember that place well Dan. That was some good eating that morning. We just had a place open here in Modesto that serves dim sum but I haven't got the nerve to take Jen to try it. I'm afraid to see what it is like if they Americanize the menu. Besides, I'm still coming down from having the real deal in China. :P

I am very fortunate my wife owned two major restaurants in China lunch alone they would serve 300 people. She has not had much good to say yet about Chinese/American establishments she always makes comments that the oil no good. She uses only fresh oil when cooking and since she is from Southern China she uses mostly garlic and ginger for seasoning there is no need to mask the favor with hot spicy flavoring. Last night she made prawns they were absolutely delicious she made them with a soft batter they were so tasty. I had left the tail on the plate, she ate it so I said what the heck I ate one and from then on they were part of the prawns we ate the whole prawns these were made from some jumbo shrimp with the heads on, she removes the head before cooking. I am very happy and fortunate to have a wife that is such a wonderful cook.

So where did you guys go Dennis? Was that NBC Seafood on Atlantic? That was where we went for CFL Dim Sum. Or perhaps it is that place a few doors south of the corner of Garfield and Valley. There are every region's food between Monterey Park and Rosemead. The restaurants usually have written in Hanzi the style on the sign or window. We mostly go to Sichuan, Shanghai and Liaoning. If you want hot pot try the restaurant in Sunny Plaza on Valley just west of San Gabriel Blvd.

I remember that place well Dan. That was some good eating that morning. We just had a place open here in Modesto that serves dim sum but I haven't got the nerve to take Jen to try it. I'm afraid to see what it is like if they Americanize the menu. Besides, I'm still coming down from having the real deal in China. :rolleyes:

Welcome back Jim, but did you have to remind me you were enjoying the real stuff :bangin:

I remember that place well Dan. That was some good eating that morning. We just had a place open here in Modesto that serves dim sum but I haven't got the nerve to take Jen to try it. I'm afraid to see what it is like if they Americanize the menu. Besides, I'm still coming down from having the real deal in China. :D

Welcome back Jim, but did you have to remind me you were enjoying the real stuff B)

But of course Dan, :D especially since this time we ventured to new places with different regional taists. I actually envy my aunt and uncle who are right now on the plane headed for Shanghai. I wish we were with then to make sure they venture out away for the canned tour they are on.